Captains of Crush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captains of Crush

Does anybody in here use CoC? I've had a set and they've really helped my grip and am curious if anybody has implemented them into their DC training.

I use the COC grippers, but not within a DC routine...

Through trial and error I found out that the best time to use them is after I finish a pressing movement. Then there's some blood flowing, body temperature is higher, but the grip is not fatigued like after a heavy pulling movement.

Before I used this approach I would get inflamed ligaments/tendons in the root of my strongest fingers.

So now I do the grip work after the pressing movements planed for the day, and it starts with warm-ups with the easiest gripper, progressively towards the harder ones...

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I need to try doing that because I've been doing them after pulling movements and its always weaker than before.

Comment

I use mine on off days, found some youtube videos that show different styles of closing that I would have never thought of. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bmfinc View Post
          I use mine on off days, found some youtube videos that show different styles of closing that I would have never thought of. Good luck.
          Do you not feel like they make your forearms weaker during your workouts? Or do you feel they're recovered enough to grip well during your training? I'm just trying to decide whether to do them during my off days or fit them in my workouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooporilla View Post
            Do you not feel like they make your forearms weaker during your workouts? Or do you feel they're recovered enough to grip well during your training? I'm just trying to decide whether to do them during my off days or fit them in my workouts.
            I would make sure that my next workout was not pulling, never had any issues the next day.

I guess it depends on the persons goals. How important is grip strength?

Comment

Originally posted by bmfinc View Post
              I would make sure that my next workout was not pulling, never had any issues the next day.

I guess it depends on the persons goals. How important is grip strength?
              I suppose it's somewhat important now, simply because my grip is so weak. However, building the most mass is the number one goal.

Comment

Working...
              X