Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thedunhill225
    replied
    My GUESS of what you are doing based on the description is strict pulldowns and when you get to the bottom you are trying to draw your arms and elbows back (I am guessing that based on the rear double bi shot comment) and IF that's true.... You MAY feel some more delt activity but I would bet you are really feeling your rotators....and that's not a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• gboa
    replied
    Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
    So really all this is, is a strict lat pulldown while contracting your delts?
    i will answer yes, this is as simple as i can explain it. pull with your delts and stay as upright-90 degrees as possible and pull bar to bridge of nose. it also helps if you line up your nose-face right underneath the path of the top pulley

Leave a comment:

• homonunculus
    replied
    Originally posted by jrf0104 View Post
    Dr. S,

I would like to speak with you about your services. What is the best way to contact you regarding hiring you?
    Hey Bud,

First, probably best to check this out: http://www.scottstevensonphd.com/OnlineServices.html

(Make sure the read the FAQ. Very important. )

You can PM me here if you like with any questions.

-Scott

Leave a comment:

• 0001Delta
    replied
    I think I know what op is taking about... however,

If you stand up in front of the machine, put one feet on the bench or the knee pad, (think of the setup of John Meadow's "stretcher" exercise), take a wide or shoulder width grip on the lat pulldown ( I like to put my hands on the bends of the bar), pull towards your face/chin/forehead without leaning backwards.

Pretty much the perfect rear delt mass builder, except it's bitchy to find a good pulldown station to do this.

Leave a comment:

• jrf0104
    replied
    Dr. S,

I would like to speak with you about your services. What is the best way to contact you regarding hiring you?

Leave a comment:

• Big R
    replied
    Kind of seems like he does a lat pulldown, and somewhere in the movement he's kind of "shrugging" his bodyweight up towards the bar by flexing his delts (which wont really move him per se since he's seated).

Leave a comment:

• homonunculus
    replied
    Dr. S,

My bad. Understood.
    No worries. This doesn't mean you can't seek out more information about what to do by starting a new thread, though, perhaps with a bit more info.

-S

Leave a comment:

• jrf0104
    replied
    Dr. S,

My bad. Understood.

Leave a comment:

• homonunculus
    replied
    Homon,

Off subject. What shoulder exercises could be used to rehab a shoulder injury? I have a nagging pain in my right shoulder when doing pressing movements for my chest.

Well, I hate to tell ya, but there's absolutely and utterly no way for me to answer that question given the above. Frankly, I very rarely give anything approaching rehab advice unless I've got as much knowledge of the situation as I would with a client, meaning lots of Q and A.

The above would be like saying: "My house kind of gets warm now and again at night. What should I do?" There could be a plethora of solutions depending on your climate, time of day, HVAC, etc.

Originally posted by dcwannabee View Post
    In the old days (before shoulder surgery) I used to do alot of behind the neck pulldowns, and I felt them alot more in the rear delts than front pulldowns.
    BTW Homonunculus Your new avatar picture looks insane. The conditioning is unreal.
    Thanks! (Photoshop. )

-S

Leave a comment:

• dcwannabee
    replied
    In the old days (before shoulder surgery) I used to do alot of behind the neck pulldowns, and I felt them alot more in the rear delts than front pulldowns.
    BTW Homonunculus Your new avatar picture looks insane. The conditioning is unreal.

Leave a comment:

• mentalflex
    replied
    So really all this is, is a strict lat pulldown while contracting your delts?

Leave a comment:

• gboa
    replied
    i will try to post a vid when i can, i think i made this a little more confusing then it really is.
    basically a front lat pulldown at 80-90 degree body angle, emphasis on the delts. pulling straight down-no arc and squeezing the delts. i just did them the other day and my middle delts are sore as hell!!!

Leave a comment:

• Justme
    replied
    Sounds like its a reverse version of a upright row ? if you stand doing the motion of a basic upright row bu now raise your arms up and pull down at what...80 degree or so angle with the same motion.
    Last edited by Justme; 10-11-2012, 04:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jrf0104
    replied
    Homon,

Off subject. What shoulder exercises could be used to rehab a shoulder injury? I have a nagging pain in my right shoulder when doing pressing movements for my chest.
    Last edited by jrf0104; 10-11-2012, 01:25 PM. Reason: Rephrased the question

Leave a comment:

• WoodShred
    replied
    Originally posted by theroymccoy View Post
    Wait I'm confused...

At first I pictured you standing (very vertical) and pulling the bar to your face.

Then you gave a better explanation and it seems like it's just a behind-the-neck pulldown. Am I missing something?

Very interested, though.
    - Very lost. Video yourself so we can see this. Sounds like a standing lat pulldown? With emphasis on your delts?.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X