This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK this is what I am going to do....Dante

My time is so very fleeting nowadays but Im going to try to put some stuff together for you here starting with the top of the body working my way downward.

(I felt i should do this after i tried to get on that guys forearm thread and then got pulled away for 5 days without having a chance to post)....so im just going to run the gamut here.

-----------------------------------------

OK WITH THAT SAID.

I feel incredibly strongly about this following paragraph.

People search and search and search and search for this magical routine that they think is going to FINALLY be the answer and it really isnt about routines or supersets or dropsets or any fancy new initialized or cooly monikored training routine (and that includes DC training).....it is about this and has always been about this

SUCCESSFUL MECHANICAL POSITIONS OF EXERCISES

In my opinion it has always been about putting yourself into a successful mechanical position...that is the beginning, the solution and the end to this bodybuilding puzzle. And then when you are in that proper "suited for your unique physique and structure" mechanical position....you get incredibly strong at that movement for reps over time and THAT IS WHAT CREATES INCREDIBLY LARGE MUSCLE MASS.

That is why people who train at home never seem to be able to accumalate muscle mass to the degree that people in well stocked gyms do.

In fact Ill make an incredibly bold statement. I am willing to bet any money that a bodybuilder who conquered all the equipment and mechanical positions in his gym (accumalating incredible amounts of strength with reps on those movements) over a years time....that ended up switching gyms (and on to new equipment to conquer).....and did this repeatedly over time (switching to new gyms and getting on virgin equipment he hasnt used before...AND CONQUERING IT over 6 months to a years time).....would make the fastest gains possible....way way way faster than anyone who stuck around the same gym for years on end using the same equipment.

All you have to do is look at one of the most highly successful exercises in the bodybuilding arsenal to see this is all true. The bodybuilders who find their groove, and figure out the SQUAT in balance, performance, depth and rythym and then take that squat from 135 x 8-20 reps up over time into the 405 to 600 pound range for 12-20 reps....all have massive quads.....virtually every single one of them....because they mastered the squat and the mechanical positioning of the squat....and then the war with the logbook started and they went up the weight ladder. You cannot squat 500 pounds on your back deep and with good form for 20 reps and NOT have freaking gigantic wheels.....its virtually impossible.

So what I am trying to relay here is this.....All this stuff is about dumping exercises that dont work for you at all, tweaking exercises that you have never been able to get much out of to make them work for you.....GETTING WEIRD WITH IT (youve heard me talk about this before), when the bread and butter exercises dont work, ITS YOUR JOB to tweak things or discover things that do work mechanical position wise...... and then get freaking BRUTAL with it (when i say "freaking BRUTAL" I mean.....you take that 25lbs for 12 reps starting point and over time and workouts you turn that into 165 for 16 reps <-------that right there is a no lose, take all the guess work out of the equation deal....again you cannot get that strong on something that puts you in a proper successful mechanical position for gains....and not get gains. Unless you are doing everything else wrong (eating supplementation etc) but then you wouldnt have gained 140 pounds and reps on it in the first place

So as this pertains to DC training.....its not DC training per se that is making you big.....its the principles i believe in with it that I feel makes people big.........again...its doesnt matter what routine you use....its the routine that you can train hard enough to make poundage/rep gains and then recover so you can train hard enough to make poundage/rep gains again to beat what you have done previously.............. all in successful mechanical positions you put yourself in.....that will be the fastest gains of your life.

Train yourself into oblivion today with a massive workload? Thats ok but when are you going to be able to train that bodypart again? Train yourself with too little workload and intensity? You can probably train pretty darn soon but did you really gain anything from the workout?

People want to spin this 1000 ways around the dial but let me bottom line it for you guys.

If i could take all you guys individually and design something that

1) Every exercise you did I tweaked so it was the most perfect mechanical position for yourself
    2) Every exercise i designed for you we bombed it up the ladder over time so you became one strong MF on it till the utmost of your ability for reps.
    3) Between workouts you got recovered so you could bomb away on that bodypart again fairly quickly. IM not saying you can do this but if you could train a bodypart and recover 365 times a year (impossible)....you would blow the freaking socks off your twin brother who was training bodyparts once a week.....your 365 workouts for biceps would be about 7 years of training ahead of his 52 workouts for biceps. 7 years? Do you know how much larger your biceps would be than his? alot...thats why frequency of training or overlapping of exercises (like chest on monday and then close grip bench presses for triceps on friday for example add up over time)
    4) Every time you came to an utmost exercise strength rep plateau i could come to your gym and set you up on a new exercise that was very favorable for your physique or tweak something to work for you.

if i could perfect all that with every single one of you guys reading...

You would be one massive MF and as big as your own unique genetic blueprint allowed me to make it.

Now DC training.....why do i like it....I will tell you why.

a) I used the rest pause training to get people incredibly strong on exercises much quicker than straight set training = rapid hypetrophy over time
    b) I realized that frequency of training and overlapping of exercises for bodyparts (back biceps / back legs / chest triceps / chest shoulders / back traps / back hamstrings / forearms and everything you grip training heavy etc etc) is much much much more important than "Joey i just freaking blitzreiged myself with 32 sets for legs....im not going to be able to walk for 4 days and wont be able to train legs for at least 10 days and my patellas are killing me"

So DC training was set up for

1) rapid strength gains for reps on key exercises
    2) frequency of the bodypart trained and overlapping of exercises
    3) recovery so you can train frequently

I want you to get the overlapping stuff here....I have had my big advanced guys do things like heavy basic chest pressing exercises with machines and slag iron on chest day and then on triceps day later in the week they are doing things like close grip benches, reverse grip benches, dip machines along with PJR pullovers and EZ extensions with bars.......THATS FREQUENCY!.... chest is pretty much getting hit 2x every single week hardcore because its getting hit on tricep day also.

Now back to mechanical positions. One of the best mechanical postions Ive ever put people in is simply rack chins....I showed Justin Harris rack chins in person, I showed Dusty Hanshaw rack chins in person, Scott Stevenson (as you guys know I have extreme trust in...in all things DC) showed Dave Henry how to do Rack chins......screw the talking ......take a look at the before and after pics....
    Last edited by Doggcrapp; 09-23-2012, 06:31 PM.
    @dante_trudel

This is going to get creepy for you because they all tend to take on the same look backwise after awhile.

Justin Harris and Dusty Hanshaw before
    Attached Files
    @dante_trudel

Comment

Justin Harris and Dusty Hanshaw after

(see how they have taken on the same look somewhat)
      Attached Files
      @dante_trudel

Comment

The man, laying down the knowledge once again!
        Good read
        EDIT: Didn't mean to interrupt your posts, D. Those backs are insane, I'm glad I've been doing my rack chins.
        Last edited by JohnnyBravo; 09-23-2012, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Dave Henry before he was run thru the gamut

Dave Henry after

again the same look starts to take place
          Attached Files
          @dante_trudel

Comment

So what im trying to relay here is the key to all this stuff (no matter what the next "jump on the bandwagon" training routine) to come down the block is.....

forget the

a) dont worry about it we are busting our asses so it must work
            b) fancy words and crazy labels on things (thats how you make old hat things seem new)

no matter what trickery is thrown at you, if you arent doing some sort of adaptive process which is better than you previously have done it.

and

no matter what trickery is thrown at you, you are doing an exercise or mechanical position that isnt putting you into the absolute best mechanical position for YOU....your unique structure and makeup physique wise...

then it isnt going to work well.

It is truly all about mechanical positions, mastering them with form and strength gains and then going to new mechanical postions (exercises that are standard or tweaked)

If someone has you running around doing giant sets on 8 exercises with chains around your neck, while stating this is Occlusive Psychotic Sattelite cell proliferation training (to make it the cool new thing).....so be it...just make sure you can beat this time what you did last time....because a year later when you are still hammer rowing 250 x 13 during those psycho sets and you realized you were doing that one year ago too in the grand scheme of psycho sets.....you really havent gained jack shit have you?
            @dante_trudel

Comment

OK thats my intro....now im going to give you some stuff to try out....things ive done to people that ive seen work and work fast to bring up certain bodyparts.

some will be "getting weird with it" some will be tweaks on standards but im going to give you some things for every single bodypart....that WILL GET A RESPONSE.

There is a key element in bodybuilding.....the harder you can make a movement to do...usually is one of the best ways of doing that movement. You can do a pulley row like you are in a rowboat with a great white shark chasing you or you can do a pulley row with a 2 second pause in the stretch....the first way looks cooler, and feeds your ego ala others seeing you pulling alot of weight and the second way ACTUALLY WORKS

Ill try to shoot some videos for some of these to help you....please be patient with me though ok...my time if fleeting and im getting on a plane in 2 days for a week that ill be away so im going to do the best that i can.
              Last edited by Doggcrapp; 09-23-2012, 07:26 PM.
              @dante_trudel

Comment

Alot of young guys worry bout traps (im starting at the top of the body)

Im going to give you some big freaking traps here...so large that over time you might pause and think....Christ these are getting a little too large and I need to cut back on things here (thats not a bad place to be)....I ABSOLUTELY GUARENTEE YOU THIS THOUGH...YOU WILL GET A RESPONSE HERE WITH THIS AND IT WILL EQUAL BIGTIME TRAPS

Put these on back day if your traps are subpar.

Its a tweak of rack deadlifts.

a) in a rack
                b) put safeties at right below kneecaps if you can (or lower)
                c) put bar holders at a notch somewhere above safeties (why? so you can grab the bar before your first rep and SAFELY TAKE A FEW SMALL STEPS BACKWARDS and then start the movement...instead of starting from a dead start on the safeties
                d) There is no bouncing off the safeties during the movement. You come to a dead stop on the bars and then pull.

Mode of movement:

grab bar with wriststraps, step safely and slowly backward, normal rack deadlift thought process, down to safeties, dead stop, pull the bar up over your "package, junk, whatever you want to call it" like you are in the beginning portion of a high pull, the bar is now above your "junk" and you are holding it there for a count of "one, one, two, three" and then back down to the safeties (dead stop), back up to "two one two three" back down to safeties (dead stop) and back up to "three one two three" and onward and onward until rep eight... which is "eight one two three four five six seven eight nine ten"...DONE.

So I dont care if you can rack deadlift 800 pounds for 8....its swallow your pride time.

The goal is always 8 reps (with all reps done with a 3 second pause in the "over the junk shrugged position") with a brutal 10 seconds on the last rep (if you can hack it)

This is done for everything including warmups....

So this would finish off your back workout and it would look like this.

135 x 8 which would be
                one one two three
                two one two three
                three one two three
                four one two three
                five one two three
                six one two three
                seven one two three
                eight one two three four five six seven eight nine ten - DONE

rest

225 x 8 which would be
                one one two three
                two one two three
                three one two three
                four one two three
                five one two three
                six one two three
                seven one two three

rest

315 x 8 which would be
                one one two three
                two one two three
                three one two three
                four one two three
                five one two three
                six one two three
                seven one two three

rest

(hypothetical just throwing things out there with these weights)
                365 x 6 (failure)
                one one two three
                two one two three
                three one two three
                four one two three
                five one two three
                six one two three four five (last rep, couldnt make it to eight and couldnt make it to ten seconds either..blown out and spent)

****BE incredibly careful with your form...do not screw around with your neck, GET YOUR POSTURE CORRECT...especially during the holds....its very tough....especially that eighth rep so get your posture right, any rep that your posture or form starts to suffer BOOM THATS IT YOUR DONE..THATS FAILURE, DONT TAKE EVEN THE REMOTEST CHANCE...that is it! So keep you form tight on the pull, head back, and posture correct and looking straight ahead on the holds....its very important or you could hurt yourself.

recap
                1) rack deadlift and semi high pull over your junk
                2) hold
                3) correct form and posture on the pulls and correct posture and head neck position on the holds.

My guarentee to you? Fastest trap growth of your life...thats my guarentee to you.

What would i have the above guy do next week?

145x8
                235x8
                325x8
                and then
                365 again because he didnt get it

The goal is always 8 reps and 10 seconds on the 8th rep (along with no loss of form)...if you dont get it...you stay there till you get it but you can use 2.5's or 5 pound jumps on your warmup sets next time and in fact i would encourage it.

You have my personal guarentee on this one though for traps if done correctly.

Watch the last rep on these though with that 10 seconds..its tough and brutal and again putting the bar back down on the safeties is tough at that point...dont screw up your form.
                Last edited by Doggcrapp; 09-23-2012, 07:33 PM.
                @dante_trudel

Comment

Thank u.

Do you still train Justin Harris?
                  [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
                  Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcrapp View Post
                    grab bar with wriststraps, step safely and slowly backward, normal rack deadlift thought process, down to safeties, dead stop, pull the bar up over your "package, junk, whatever you want to call it" like you are in the beginning portion of a high pull
                    Would the top of the movement look somewhat like this ?

Thanks for making this thread DC
                    Attached Files
                    "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Thanks Dante, you are the man!

Comment

Thanks Dante,

Great information as usual, am really going to hammer the movements that biomechanically I am strong on and push them as far as I can.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
                        "if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything..."

On board TEAM SKIP

Comment

Definitely looking forward to the progress of this thread.

Thanks Dante, for continuing to share your knowledge.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2
                          True Protein
                          The best protein at the best price
                          Use my code twn359 for a 5% discount

Comment

As always Dante. This is much appreciated. Looking forward to the ideas you put out here.
                            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                            2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by 0001Delta View Post
                              Would the top of the movement look somewhat like this ?

Thanks for making this thread DC
                              Exactly like that.
                              @dante_trudel

Comment

Working...
                              X