Do you talk or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you talk or not?

The other thread got me wondering about everyone. The guy in my gym today really pissed me off when he started talking to me before the set, I was trying to psych myself up and here is going on about his shit.

So I was wondering what kind of person are you, do you talk to other people in the gym or are you completely silent?

And how do you get into the zone before a set?

For me when it comes down to the set i'll be there for a minute or so or however long it takes to psych myself up. Whether that be telling myself that the weight is light and I can do it, or whether it be me breathing real hard and getting focused.

I'll talk to someone when im loading weights or resting, when I have a couple of seconds, if he says something to me, but I dont like to be disturbed when im trying to focus or during a set.

This guy really pisses me off, all talking bitch that he is.

Throughout my whole workout im i keep my mouth shut and train, it's not fucking social hour. The way i pump myself up is to just usualy take some deep breaths and stare at the weight before i begin. Oh, here's a tip so no one will bother your workout, wear headphones, people will think you cant hear them and even if you know someone is trying to say something to you you pretend you dont hear them, and it doesnt look that bad
    TRAIN
    EAT
    SLEEP

DC STYLE!!!

www.trueprotein.com

Comment

Originally posted by JnJ23
      Throughout my whole workout im i keep my mouth shut and train, it's not fucking social hour. The way i pump myself up is to just usualy take some deep breaths and stare at the weight before i begin. Oh, here's a tip so no one will bother your workout, wear headphones, people will think you cant hear them and even if you know someone is trying to say something to you you pretend you dont hear them, and it doesnt look that bad
      It doesnt work. I had my headphones on once and the just walked up to me and started talking. He wouldnt stop.

Comment

I just don't see how some people can talk as much as they do at the gym. I am interested in talking as little as possible when I'm there. I may talk to someone between an exercise or something sorta like you do, but other than that I make it known that I don't wanna talk to you if you disturb me during a set.

To get psyched up, first of all before the gym I write in my log book what I will try my best to accomplish that day. That psyches me up more than anything. Then, it's loud ass music on the way to the gym. Then when I am there and do my warm ups and move to my work set, I usually have a habit of sitting there staring at the bar and walking around it, sometimes grabbing it and giving it a little shake to make it known that III am the one controlling this weight, it's not controlling me. Sometimes I'll call it names to myself, 'You're such a little bitch...' is a common one that I think of, LOL. 'You're barely even heavier than last time, I can take your bitch ass again this time if I want to...'. You know now that I think of it, all this sounds really strange but it really puts myself in the zone. Note that I don't say these things aloud, just under my breath, LOL.

Comment

I dont talk to anyone but my 2-3 workout partners...I like going into the gym with a blank mind not knowing what weight I have to beat...I like to shoot some shit right before my set during the warmups and then I like to turn on the intensity for the set and then calm down again....
          Medical Doctor
          University of Miami Miller School of Medicine

Anesthesiology Class of 2013

Comment

go to the gym in extremely short daisy duke shorts, then where pink leg warmers with your army combat boots, then where a shirt that says "fucking shit" in big letter on the front and then on the back have in big letters "billy ocean rules". then top it all off with big red suspenders that lumber jacks wear. i promise, nobody will talk to you.

this is what i do...

d
            TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

Comment

i personnaly dont talk very much except if i ask for a spotter. some people maybe trying to talk to me but with my headphones with music really loud i wouldnt be able to hear them anyways.
              but to get psyched up i do it almost the same way as "usmuscle", shake the weight, stare and keep thinking its nothing. i also use try to think that people are looking at me so i better perform.

Comment

I really speak to noone at my gym. It is a little boxing gym where mostly big guys and boxers train, so I do not have to putt up with too much BS.

For myself, I tend to blast Metalica or anything angry and loud on the way to the gym, get that rage going, then just keep it fueled during the workout. I use thoughts of ex girlfriends who fucked me over, something that really pissed me off that day, whatever works to get that slow boiling rage going, and I just try to keep that fire fueled thru my workout
                Nothing is so strong as gentleness. Nothing so gentle as real strength

The wolf is not just an animal,but something inside you that makes you want to fight back,to come back, to be whole again

WOLF He stands alone always watchful, ever vigilant
                His stature brings us courage and pride
                He guards that which is most precious to us
                The pathway to our souls

Comment

TPc - !!!!!!!!!!!!! Great fucking idea, thanks !

I HATE when people try to hold a conversation with me when I am getting ready to lift. UGH !! I nod my head at peopl, say hi, smile , try to be pleasant but then they take it as an invite to working out their mouths. I stop tehm by kindly saing excuse me and get under the weight and pull. I close my eyes holding the weight before I start visualize the lift and forget that they are there. Most people get it at that point, if they dont then I just , as calmly as possible, inofrm them that I really need to get my workout done, ok !?!

A bit off teh subject but along teh same lines is teh following : I am dying to hear what you all think about this.

I was doing BB curls using a bench to hold the weight. I was totally into my workout. Then this yuppie fuck comes by and asks me if I am going to be long at teh weight. I just gave him a crazy lokk and said YES ! so he goes away. He comes back after about two sets and asks me if I am going to be much longer .... AUGH ! He then digs his hole deeper by saying that its just that he has a meeting and is in a hurry !!!!!!
                  I could not believe his brass. I said I dont care , the problem is his not mine and that I will finish when I finish and not any sooner.

Man to this day I get upset about that. Fuck ! Half of me wanted to tell him off or throw a plate at thim ... and then the other half of me says to chill as I am at that gym everyday...
                  Stay Hard and Get Huge !

Whatever you can do or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius , power and magic in it. Begin it now. - Goethe

Comment

I wear headphones and I don't look anyone in the face. If I go get a drink of water or something, I just look at the ground or look past the person in front of me.

By not making eye contact and having the headphones on.... I don't have any problems. Plus, I think people think I'm an asshole anyways......which is just the way I like it.

Comment

well Snoblind it works out, because frankly, you are an asshole just thought you should know that. mwa ha haaaaa...

but no one bothers me in teh gym because they see me doing all these deadlifts and squats to the ground, rack chins, and shit they have never seen before, so they just know their role AND SHUT THEIR MOUTHS! plus headphones do work wonders.....
                      word

Comment

Sometimes I'll call it names to myself, 'You're such a little bitch...' is a common one that I think of, LOL. 'You're barely even heavier than last time, I can take your bitch ass again this time if I want to...'.
                        Do you use these in the bedroom too?...lmao
                        Bigger, Faster, Stronger

Admin @ http://www.extrememuscle.co.nr - Come check out my board if ya get a chance!

Comment

Ok I have to admit, I am a asshole in the gym, when I see someone wearing headphones and they are in between sets I walk up to them and make them turn their sound down liftout one ear piece and I say, "hi" then I walk away.

If you are in between and you want to talk you do it, if you don't then you don't, it all depends on how much etiquette there is in that person and when you are training they should know when its appropiate or not to flap their lips...
                          "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Originally posted by BiggerStronger
                            Do you use these in the bedroom too?...lmao
                            thats halarious. some girls are into that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shivan
                              well Snoblind it works out, because frankly, you are an asshole just thought you should know that. mwa ha haaaaa...

Thanks alot Shivan.......I think :p

Comment

Working...
                              X