Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF and DC

Hi Everyone,

I'm curious as to what everyone thinks about doing Intermittent Fasting coupled with DC training. I have done one blast so far and am currently cruising and entering my second blast shortly. I am a natural competitor at 155lbs at 7% bodyfat. During my first blast, I did no cardio whatsoever and I went from 151 to 155 at 7% bodyfat in a matter of 5-6 weeks. I feel that IF sort of takes care of the fat burning component of the bulk/cut aspect of DC. At the same time, I wonder if I am spinning my wheels with IF and I should consider a different approach to my next blast. Here was my last macro/IF rotation:

Training Days 2700kals 40 carb/ 40 pro/ 20 fat
    Rest Days 2000kcals 10 carb/ 40 pro/ 50 fat

I was thinking about upping my Kcals to 3100 on training and 2300 on rest days. Also, I do my IF schedule as follows:

12pm Meal 1 at 25% kcals

3pm Meal 2 at 25% kcals (first meal with carbs)

6pm PWO Shake (usually 40g whey + 2 tbsp of raw honey)

8pm PWO Meal 50% kcals

Then I usually fast from there until the next day.

What do you guys think?

curious about this as well, I have done both but never paired them.

Comment

I think you're gonna get many different opinions on this. There are proponents of IF here as well as proponents of more traditional bb'ing diets.

I think for anyone to give you any specific type of advice they will need to see pics, AND you will hafta be more specific with your goals, ie: keep a certain b/f while gaining, etc.....
      STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Isn't the whole point of DC to get as huge as possible in the shortest amount of time. Unless you are in constant caloric surplus, how else whould the objective be accomplished?!?!?!
        On the flip side, one can run any diet with any training program they want. Will it work for a short time? Perhaps...but I don't think it's optimal...
        SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

I can definitely take some pictures and post. My goal is to put on as much size as possible until January. I received my NGA pro card last year and will be competing in 2013 as a Pro. I want to make sure that I give myself about 20-25 weeks to be ready for my first pro show. So ideally, I do not want to go over 10-12% bodyfat in the off-season. This is why I chose IF to help keep me lean. Additionally, I have noticed significant strength increases on the diet, especially when I am able to train fasted (usually only on Saturday). I think the ideal weight for me to end my "bulk" would be around 165-170 so that I am around 145-150 by contest time.

As far as training goes, I'll definitely say that DC is rough but I love it. During my last blase phase, I can say that my shoulders hurt pretty badly and I stopped progressing on overhead movements as well as any BB pressing movement. Once that happened, I started my cruise phase. Does anyone have suggestions for keeping shoulders healthy? I definitely do rotator warm-ups and broomsticks a few times a week.

Thanks again to everyone for helping me out!

-John

Comment

Originally posted by JohnG View Post
            Hi Everyone,

I'm curious as to what everyone thinks about doing Intermittent Fasting coupled with DC training. I have done one blast so far and am currently cruising and entering my second blast shortly. I am a natural competitor at 155lbs at 7% bodyfat. During my first blast, I did no cardio whatsoever and I went from 151 to 155 at 7% bodyfat in a matter of 5-6 weeks. I feel that IF sort of takes care of the fat burning component of the bulk/cut aspect of DC. At the same time, I wonder if I am spinning my wheels with IF and I should consider a different approach to my next blast. Here was my last macro/IF rotation:

Training Days 2700kals 40 carb/ 40 pro/ 20 fat
            Rest Days 2000kcals 10 carb/ 40 pro/ 50 fat

I was thinking about upping my Kcals to 3100 on training and 2300 on rest days. Also, I do my IF schedule as follows:

12pm Meal 1 at 25% kcals

3pm Meal 2 at 25% kcals (first meal with carbs)

6pm PWO Shake (usually 40g whey + 2 tbsp of raw honey)

8pm PWO Meal 50% kcals

Then I usually fast from there until the next day.

What do you guys think?
            im sure you will be fine with IF as long as you cover your macros. I used to eat lots when i worked with dc i was eating like 6lbs of meat a day. now i eat much less but look much better.

some suggestions. IF is animalbolics, the term IF seems to be mroe of a recent creation.the thing to remember is to focus your food around your trainng.

prior to training you probobly dont need much pro. i keep it simple so i just have an apple with some nut butter as i get too hungery throughout the day. that and various aminos until training. specifically alanine, signals your body that you are fed. use leucine post workout with glucose to get a bigger slin spike.

pre wo meal. 30g pro 1 apple, or 30carbs from white rice like cream of rice. the rice i find will help if you are trying to add weight.

post work out 30-60g pro i would switch the honey out since half of the carbs a from fructose and can not be utilized by muscle, just to carb up liver. and you have your fructose covered durring the day with fruit anyway, this helps keep your liver converting t4 to t3.

i would say i only eat one meal a day, my big pwo meal, here i eat pretty much what i want but minimums 100g pro 100g carbs.

focus on the quality of your foods too, get lots of good fats raw grass fed dairy, grass fed beef, lean meats with olive oil, coconut oil and natural carb sources like rice and potatos.

i like eating this way, as when i eat i like to eat!

traditionally im a fat kid. with this type of diet 10%bf and below year round no prob no cardio 220+. dialing it all in is easy once you figure it out.

Comment

I'm not an expert, but I can't think of a reason why not.

I've always thought of the very very bare bones basics of DC as
              Caloric surplus (with a very high protein intake) + shit heavy iron + cardio on off days = muscle building, fat burning freight train.

So, assuming you're in a caloric surplus, can push the same or more weight doing IF that you could on a regular diet, have your pwo nutrition nailed down and keep up with cardio if you need it, why wouldn't it work?
              Maybe I am oversimplifying.

Comment

Working...
              X