Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Beginning of My Transformation on DC! Excel Sheet Attached!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Beginning of My Transformation on DC! Excel Sheet Attached!

    Whats up everyone,

    I have been training seriously for the past 3 years. I have recently came across DC Training and at first was very skeptical about this due to the way I have been training. I used to train 5 days a week and hit each muscle group once a week and do anywhere from 12-20 sets per muscle group. I would stick in the rep range of 6-12 and occasionally throw in 5x5. I then switched up my routine by doing 2 days on 1 day off 3 days on 1 day off. I have gotten results but nothing what I have been looking for.

    I was introduced to DC training by a friend. I came on this board and did a ton of research along with the help of mental flex. The biggest thing I realized after reading Dauntes interview and other posts, is that DC honestly makes sense to me. It makes the most sense to me and I am going to stick with this till the day I can no longer train. This training routine is similar structure to Big A's and they both make sense. Once you reach true failure, and stimulate the muscle, anything extra is just hurting you. Now as I said at first I was very skeptical doing only one exercise and 1 working set plus 2 RP. I am now on my third week and have already progressed from week 1. I have never been sore like this for years, and I am only doing a total of 3 sets per muscle group plus the extreme stretch and a static hold.

    I am doing cardio 4 days a week at 20-35 min on low intensity where I can have a conversation with the person next to me.

    My diet is consisting around roughly 320 gram of protein, 200 plus gram of carbs and about 100 g of fat. It adds up to roughly 3200 calories a day. I am currently 194, around 14 percent body fat and 5ft 9 in.

    Anyway, I have put together a excel spreadsheet, so any constructive criticism is welcomed. Thanks guys.
    Attached Files

  • #2
    I can't offer advice BUT like you, I am a recent DC convert and will never stray! Good luck with your progress bud!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Valdez View Post
      I can't offer advice BUT like you, I am a recent DC convert and will never stray! Good luck with your progress bud!
      Ah finally a response from someone! Haha! Thanks man, I'm with you on that. Keep me posted on how your training goes.

      Comment


      • #4
        I am no expert, but I think it looks very solid, and I think thats the reason You havnt gotten many responses. You could always argue to up or lower the rep ranges on some exercises, but all in all its looks very good.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dcwannabee View Post
          I am no expert, but I think it looks very solid, and I think thats the reason You havnt gotten many responses. You could always argue to up or lower the rep ranges on some exercises, but all in all its looks very good.
          Thanks man I appreciate it. Ya I was told that too about the rep ranges, such as higher reps for smaller body parts etc. Anyway, Ill keep it like this and change it if it needs to be since you think it looks good. Thanks man.

          Comment


          • #6
            I do not remember where I got it. But I downloaded a pre made excel spreadsheet just for DC training.

            It is super cool and has drop downs on every exercise block to change the exercise.

            Most of them are DC approved, but you can also make a block 'blank' so you can just write in the exercise.

            It is laid out in a way that the first block for every exercise has a place to record the previous workouts record so that you know what to beat.

            If I can find it again I will post a link.
            I train Dogg Crapp. When not training DC ... sometimes I train arms 3x to 5x per week. Sometimes I train 'modified dogg crapp' which includes an 'arms only' day.

            Comment


            • #7
              Welcome to the forum and good luck with the DC training. Keep us posted.
              Wanna save $$$ on your next protein purchase? Use TES117 for 5% off your order at www.truenutrition.com.

              Comment


              • #8
                Hercules, looks good man. I'm glad I was able to help you out. You seemed like you had the right attitude about training and wanted to understand what's going on in terms of the whole DC concept.

                Keep in mind, as you progress through everything, you may find certain exercise work better with higher rep ranges or lower rep ranges based on your physical characteristics and limitations. Let experience and a keen knowledge of yourself be your guide.

                As for the DC Excel spreadsheet, here is the thread: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=31602
                Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

                Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

                2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                2015 Beat Cancer!

                Comment


                • #9
                  http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=31602

                  I think thats the one your talking about? Ya I based mine off his and have it downloaded, really good sheet also has the stretches. I use my iphone notepad and wrtie everything down and beat my notepad haha. Thanks man.

                  Originally posted by DaveEboy View Post
                  I do not remember where I got it. But I downloaded a pre made excel spreadsheet just for DC training.

                  It is super cool and has drop downs on every exercise block to change the exercise.

                  Most of them are DC approved, but you can also make a block 'blank' so you can just write in the exercise.

                  It is laid out in a way that the first block for every exercise has a place to record the previous workouts record so that you know what to beat.

                  If I can find it again I will post a link.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by trojandogg View Post
                    Welcome to the forum and good luck with the DC training. Keep us posted.
                    Thanks man, I will keep you guys posted!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks alot Flex, you have taught me well haha.

                      How do you find out if certain exercises work better with higher or lower rep ranges if you keep progressing? Ill try to go with the flow and see where it takes me.

                      Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                      Hercules, looks good man. I'm glad I was able to help you out. You seemed like you had the right attitude about training and wanted to understand what's going on in terms of the whole DC concept.

                      Keep in mind, as you progress through everything, you may find certain exercise work better with higher rep ranges or lower rep ranges based on your physical characteristics and limitations. Let experience and a keen knowledge of yourself be your guide.

                      As for the DC Excel spreadsheet, here is the thread: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=31602

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Herculeus View Post
                        Thanks alot Flex, you have taught me well haha.

                        How do you find out if certain exercises work better with higher or lower rep ranges if you keep progressing? Ill try to go with the flow and see where it takes me.
                        Some exercises you might be able to start heavy but on your 2nd and 3rd RP sets just can't seem to move the weight.

                        Others, if you have joint issues, you might be better using a higher rep range.

                        Things like DB exercises where you use more stabilization seem to lend themselves better to going a little higher in reps, at least for me.

                        Or if you just feel the muscle better using a little higher rep range.

                        If you are beating the logbook, feeling the muscle getting taxed and growing, you know you are doing the right things.
                        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

                        Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

                        2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                        2015 Beat Cancer!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          real quick this is what i see...

                          shoot for reps like 8+4+3
                          can add statics too, dc did this for me.

                          might change seated calf for sumo press. just mroe convieniant.

                          rev g bench for tri's should be wide grip.

                          for arm stuff 30 rep straight sets. hammer's, pinwheel, reverse cabel.

                          calves 14 rep 4-8 count negative, 6-8 count stretch at bottom

                          high cable row is more a finishing exercise for high reps. do some kind of hammer stregth, or other machines for wdth.

                          i have always used 3 different workouts per split not 2. ei 3 chest,shoulder,tri etc, 3 lower.

                          cardio 30+ mins might be prefferable even if you dropped a day.

                          dont remember if you said but warm up and active recovery, stretching/walking are important.

                          good luck

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I just wanna make sure I am reading your excel sheet correctly. If I am, it looks like you are doing the 3 way split. The two way Monday,Wednesday,Friday is what I took away from veteran advice plus Dante's "Cycles for Pennies" for beginners. Please correct me if I am wrong. Here is a thread about this very topic.
                            http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=47222

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I don't know where some of this is coming from... It does not really fit with DC.

                              I am below in red

                              Originally posted by lk3 View Post
                              real quick this is what i see...

                              shoot for reps like 8+4+3 We are looking for a REP RANGE, not a set number per RP.


                              can add statics too, dc did this for me.

                              might change seated calf for sumo press. just mroe convieniant. Calves and sumo press are two different muscle groups. So, not sure what you are getting at here...

                              rev g bench for tri's should be wide grip. Why? Close grip will emphasis the triceps more...

                              for arm stuff 30 rep straight sets. hammer's, pinwheel, reverse cabel. Can you link me to thread where this came from?

                              calves 14 rep 4-8 count negative, 6-8 count stretch at bottom Actually it should be >10 seconds...

                              high cable row is more a finishing exercise for high reps. do some kind of hammer stregth, or other machines for wdth. Cable rows where you pull from above your head in front of you are fine. Why would they only be considered a high rep exercise?

                              i have always used 3 different workouts per split not 2. ei 3 chest,shoulder,tri etc, 3 lower. On the 2 way split he is correct.

                              cardio 30+ mins might be prefferable even if you dropped a day.

                              dont remember if you said but warm up and active recovery, stretching/walking are important.

                              good luck
                              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

                              Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

                              2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                              2015 Beat Cancer!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X