Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leg Press Calf Raises

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Leg Press Calf Raises

    I would like to start by pointing out how ridiculously heavy the calf raises are with the 15 sec. stretches. Seriously. They are out of this world.

    I did them for the first time today but I got massive cramps in my feet during the 15 sec. stretch. I had power and endurance left in my calves, but my feet cramped up completely.

    Does anyone experience this too? Any tips on how to deal with that?

  • #2
    Hydration and taurine will help with cramping.
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

    Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

    2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
      Hydration and taurine will help with cramping.
      Yeah, what he said...
      STEEL




      "SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

      Comment


      • #4
        Cool, thanks. Hydration is taken care of. Will throw some taurine into the mix, see if that helps. Might just take some getting used to, the stretch is just retardedly difficult.

        Did I mention the WM squats and SLDL stretches after leg curls?

        But boy do I love it..

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by takeshi View Post
          Cool, thanks. Hydration is taken care of. Will throw some taurine into the mix, see if that helps. Might just take some getting used to, the stretch is just retardedly difficult.

          Did I mention the WM squats and SLDL stretches after leg curls?

          But boy do I love it..
          Are you using SLDL as an extreme stretch?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SDMF View Post
            Are you using SLDL as an extreme stretch?
            Sorry, my choice of words tends to suck at times. It's just the static hamstring stretch in SLDL position basically on top of a step with a barbell in your hands.

            It's in the general Stretches topic.

            And it's painful.
            Last edited by takeshi; 08-14-2012, 07:37 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Caveat: I am not a DC guru nor am I on the level of Homon.

              You're using shoes with a strong sole right? Floppy shoes without a strong midsole and arch support could be putting extra stress on your foot. Either way, DC calves are hell.

              Welcome to DC lifting!
              Wanna save 5% on your trueprotein orders? Use my code! CTN001

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by takeshi View Post
                Sorry, my choice of words tends to suck at times. It's just the static hamstring stretch in SLDL position basically on top of a step with a barbell in your hands.

                It's in the general Stretches topic.

                And it's painful.
                I never thought of doing that for an extreme hamstring stretch. It seems a little risky for your back. Do any other DC trainers on here do a stretch like this?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SDMF View Post
                  I never thought of doing that for an extreme hamstring stretch. It seems a little risky for your back. Do any other DC trainers on here do a stretch like this?
                  I prefer to do it with DBs. If you go slow with it and just allow the DBs to pull you forward, it is relativley safe (given you don't have a prior history with injuries in that area). If you don't bounce and use a nice slow descent, letting the DBs do their work at the bottom, it really isn't any more risky than anything else you do while training.
                  Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

                  Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

                  2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                  2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                  2015 Beat Cancer!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                    I prefer to do it with DBs. If you go slow with it and just allow the DBs to pull you forward, it is relativley safe (given you don't have a prior history with injuries in that area). If you don't bounce and use a nice slow descent, letting the DBs do their work at the bottom, it really isn't any more risky than anything else you do while training.
                    Do you do SLDL sets with DBs too, or just the stretch? I used to do SLDL with DBs a long time ago, but I think I stopped because I ran out of DBs that were heavy enough.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SDMF View Post
                      Do you do SLDL sets with DBs too, or just the stretch? I used to do SLDL with DBs a long time ago, but I think I stopped because I ran out of DBs that were heavy enough.
                      No, my SLDLs are currently with a BB. But that is not to say I won't do DBs down the road.

                      I prefer DBs for the stretch because I stand on a plyo box and can let the DBs go down by the sides of my feet, not directly in front of me like a BB.
                      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

                      Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

                      2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                      2015 Beat Cancer!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SDMF View Post
                        I never thought of doing that for an extreme hamstring stretch. It seems a little risky for your back. Do any other DC trainers on here do a stretch like this?
                        It's this one, from the EXTREME STRETCHES topic:

                        http://www.intensemuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7102&d=1126728146


                        I'm pretty flexible with that movement and have no problem with my back whatsoever. Like mental said, as long as you don't let the weight bounce and keep it controlled I think we should all be fine.

                        10 sec hold at the bottom, slowly go up and do that 6 times. If I understood correctly.

                        They feel really good to me.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by takeshi View Post
                          It's this one, from the EXTREME STRETCHES topic:

                          http://www.intensemuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7102&d=1126728146


                          I'm pretty flexible with that movement and have no problem with my back whatsoever. Like mental said, as long as you don't let the weight bounce and keep it controlled I think we should all be fine.

                          10 sec hold at the bottom, slowly go up and do that 6 times. If I understood correctly.

                          They feel really good to me.
                          Most extreme stretches are done once for 60-90 seconds. Is this one supposed to be done differently?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SDMF View Post
                            Most extreme stretches are done once for 60-90 seconds. Is this one supposed to be done differently?
                            Yes, this one is different. But you can hang for 60-90 if you so desire.

                            Nice to see someone on here get started on DC and actually do their homework!
                            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

                            Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

                            2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                            2015 Beat Cancer!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                              Nice to see someone on here get started on DC and actually do their homework!
                              That part of me works against me a lot of times though. I always try to ensure a 'perfect' start, while a perfect start obviously doesn't exist ;-)

                              Another workout tomorrow, I can't wait! I used to HATE going only 3 times a week, but since you do different exercises with DC, I get so excited to go to the gym.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X