When you do widowmakers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you do widowmakers...

Do you guys like to use knee wraps or not? Obviously you can push more weight when wrapped and because of that, I feel like I can get psyched better and have a better set. If I do 4pps on hacks for 20 wrapped, I'd have to go maybe 3pps for 20 unwrapped and my mind just doesn't get into it.

What do you guys prefer?
    Max Muscle
    5020 Katella Ave.
    Los Alamitos, CA 90720
    www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

i just wrap because my knees are generally screaming after iv done my heavy set. maybe i wrap them alittle bit looser though for the wm.

Matt
    NABBA UK 2011 - Novice class 3rd Place
    NABBA BRITAIN FINALS 2012 - Novice class 3rd Place
    NABBA NORTH WEST 2014 - Mr Class 2 - 1st Place
    NABBA WORLD CHAMPS 2014 - Mr Class 2 - 10th Place
    NABBA ENGLAND 2015 - Mr Class 2 - 3rd place
    NABBA UK 2015 - Mr Class 2 - 4th place

Comment

I liked doing my heavy set with wraps and the WM without. I found using wraps on the WM while allowing me to go heavier had me doing doubles and singles after the first 8 reps or so with resting in a locked position in between. Without the wraps I couldn't go quite as heavy but would hammer the set out in a more "piston" like fashion and the constant tension on my quads always had me feeling it more the next day then the wrapped WM's.
      Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Knee sleeves for me
        SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

kwan loong oil, sleeves and wraps for me haha. my knees are totally shot at the moment.

i too am having that problem of wrapping for the widowmaker and hitting say 10 reps no problem, then the rest is singles or doubles with dearth vader like breathing. i might try not wrapping the wm set and see if it allows me to hit a full 20 at the same speed.

Matt

Comment

Accidently got some of that kwan long oil on the sack the other night... holy burn bat man!lol

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
              Accidently got some of that kwan long oil on the sack the other night... holy burn bat man!lol
              What the hell?? LOL :twitch:
              :preach:

Comment

Haha well at least you diddnt get any on lord helmet lol

Comment

Originally posted by bicep_grind View Post
                  Haha well at least you diddnt get any on lord helmet lol
                  The sack and taint were bad enough. Even with the girlfriend blowing didn't make it feel better.

Comment

This is off-topic, but is there a certain minimum weight on barbell and hack squats that we should consider ideal for the use of knee wraps? I've never used them, that's why I'm asking the question.

Comment

I like to use my belt on my second last warm up set as it just starts to feel heavier an then belt/wraps on last warm up as that is heavy and I want to get used to the feeling of the wraps before the first work set.
                      Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

At what point do you guys use wraps? When you expect knee pain from your heavy sets? Personally I've been backing off from squats whenever I feel any knee pain because longevity comes to mind although I'm not sure if that's just me overthinking.
                        Use discount code "SNM815" at checkout to receive 5% off of your ENTIRE order! Which Means 10% off any 15+ lbs of Protien or 16+ Flavour Packs you buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
                          I like to use my belt on my second last warm up set as it just starts to feel heavier an then belt/wraps on last warm up as that is heavy and I want to get used to the feeling of the wraps before the first work set.
                          Same here...

Comment

yeah i belt up and wrap up the last warm up set before the heavy.

im gonna try hitting wm sets without wraps for a while despite the dagger in the knee feeling because these last few weeks i have been experiencing something strange with my wm sets and i think its down to wearing wraps on the wm sets.

these past few weeks (about 6 weeks into a blast now straight after a competition) i hit the heavy no probs, then have 5 mins rest then go for the wm set....but i get to like 10 reps and then nothing...its like someone pulls the plug. the 10th rep is fine and 11 just doesnt happen. i aint out of breath, i aint in pain, it aint super heavy its almost as if its mental too, like i dont have it in me to grind out another 10 slow reps.

i dont get it, it never happened like this before and this is my 13th blast.

i got an idea due to the fact i wear sleeves and wraps thats its trapping the blood in the legs and the quads arnt getting re-oxygenated and thats causeing this sudden cut of power????
                            also its been a while since my quads have gotten sore which is now bothering me!!!

anyone got any ideas or experiences with this?

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by neme View Post
                              At what point do you guys use wraps? When you expect knee pain from your heavy sets? Personally I've been backing off from squats whenever I feel any knee pain because longevity comes to mind although I'm not sure if that's just me overthinking.
                              Belt after 3 plates a side, wraps after 4 or 444

Comment

Working...
                              X