WM Headache Lasting for a couple days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WM Headache Lasting for a couple days

On Saturday I was doing my hack squat widow, and out of nowhere, I get this terrible headache. Like my head is being crushed. Finish the set, rack the weight and I need a few minutes. Absolutely agonizing pain at first. Was worried I busted something in my brain, but I think it is ok. Finish my workout and leave the gym*

I still have a headache, it has lingered for more than 48 hours at this point. Not terribly painful, just sort of painful, mostly annoying.

Anyone experienced this/know what it could be?

*I do quads then hams and calves and abs. I don't call it DC, but this is posted here because its about something that happened during a WM and this is where the experts would be, I think.

It might be a tumor.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaTO8_KNcuo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
    2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by youngbb View Post
      On Saturday I was doing my hack squat widow, and out of nowhere, I get this terrible headache. Like my head is being crushed. Finish the set, rack the weight and I need a few minutes. Absolutely agonizing pain at first. Was worried I busted something in my brain, but I think it is ok. Finish my workout and leave the gym*

I still have a headache, it has lingered for more than 48 hours at this point. Not terribly painful, just sort of painful, mostly annoying.

Anyone experienced this/know what it could be?

*I do quads then hams and calves and abs. I don't call it DC, but this is posted here because its about something that happened during a WM and this is where the experts would be, I think.
      headaches are my life...the last 10 years nearly one every day .......yes I am obviously under a DR care for this ...so you may have a migraine
      BUT ...you may also have one or 2 other things ...do you hold your breath when you are doing the positive portion of the reps??? you need to let off some pressure ...( do not be one of those ASSES that you can hear across the gym exhaling ) ...
      Google Valsalva effect ...or maneuver
      A girl walks up to me and says" My God you're good looking!"
      ME " I know"
      Her"WHAT!"
      Me " I know I am good looking"
      Her" You're also and asshole"
      ME " I know that too!"

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
        It might be a tumor.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaTO8_KNcuo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
        heh. shoulda known I'd get this response. lol. as long as its not a TumAH

Comment

Originally posted by Deepsquat3 View Post
          headaches are my life...the last 10 years nearly one every day .......yes I am obviously under a DR care for this ...so you may have a migraine
          BUT ...you may also have one or 2 other things ...do you hold your breath when you are doing the positive portion of the reps??? you need to let off some pressure ...( do not be one of those ASSES that you can hear across the gym exhaling ) ...
          Google Valsalva effect ...or maneuver
          I'll look it up, thanks man. I'm not, but we've got a yeller in the gym :eyeroll:
          You really in Tacoma? Not a lot of WA people on here. LearningDC counts for a few people though.

Comment

It has happened to me before. I actually ruptured some blood vessels behind my eyes. My eyes were bloodshot for about 4 days or so and I had difficulty walking for about 24 hours. I even fell down my stairs haha

But after a few days, it went away and I was fine.

However, seeing a Doc or giving your General Practitioner a call might be your best option if it seems worse than just a headache.
            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
            2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

The etiology makes this sound like an exertional headache. They happen a good bit with leg training and seem to often be cervicogenic in nature (originating in the neck).

Is it on the back of your head (occiput) and/or forehead (frontal)?...

-S
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
              2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
              2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                The etiology makes this sound like an exertional headache. They happen a good bit with leg training and seem to often be cervicogenic in nature (originating in the neck).

Is it on the back of your head (occiput) and/or forehead (frontal)?...

-S
                more in the back, but Ive also felt it in my temples

Comment

As homon said, it sounds like it could be an exertion headache AKA weightlifters headache.

I usually get them every six months or so, I take it easy for a while and they tend to disappear after a couple weeks.

For me it's a very sudden and intense headache starting at the back of the head. after a little bit the majority of the pain subsides but still have residual headaches for a while afterward.

I'm don't really advocate this, but when the start flaring up again I will take an NSAID 30min prior to lifting. For me it will prevent them from happening, and as you've probably realized, there isn't much you can do after it happens.
                  Last edited by PBRevolution; 04-30-2012, 10:32 PM.
                  My log: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=47064

Comment

On the off occasion I get one, I'll take an NSAID, at times an Excedrin as well.
                    …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

I had one once for 3 weeks from a WM set. I sure as shit got a PR too.
                      Want to save 5% or 10% on your entire order at www.trueprotein.com
                      Use discount code JHN125

Come watch me progress in my 5/3/1 journal!

Comment

well glad i'm not the only one. not gonna worry about it then.

Comment

TYPICALLY, not always, the effects from it can last for a little while. Not necessarily the headache but the potential for it. I know for me (I have had it 3 times) it means 2 weeks off from the gym, period. Any exertion what so ever will bring one on in an instant. The hardest part is wanting to get back under the bar too early and it happens again, thus delaying the recuperation that much longer.

I have become so in tune with my body that I can actually feel one coming on and know that its time to pack it in for the day. Breathing and hydration are paramount to preventing exertion headaches.

The very first one that I got was bad. The actual headache lasted for about 4 days. The mistake that I made was after the initial onset in the gym the pain subsided and later that night had sex. Sex will bring it back 10x worse. Just an fyi....
                          Save yourself 5% on all your TRUENUTRITION orders by using discount code MTM281

My Training Log Here at IM

"Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn

Comment

Headaches from exertion can be brutal, especially if you already have some sinus congestion when you get one. Any stuffiness or sinus pressure?

Comment

Originally posted by leegee38 View Post
                              Headaches from exertion can be brutal, especially if you already have some sinus congestion when you get one. Any stuffiness or sinus pressure?
                              yeah. at the time.
                              Originally posted by mateus View Post
                              TYPICALLY, not always, the effects from it can last for a little while. Not necessarily the headache but the potential for it. I know for me (I have had it 3 times) it means 2 weeks off from the gym, period. Any exertion what so ever will bring one on in an instant. The hardest part is wanting to get back under the bar too early and it happens again, thus delaying the recuperation that much longer.

I have become so in tune with my body that I can actually feel one coming on and know that its time to pack it in for the day. Breathing and hydration are paramount to preventing exertion headaches.

The very first one that I got was bad. The actual headache lasted for about 4 days. The mistake that I made was after the initial onset in the gym the pain subsided and later that night had sex. Sex will bring it back 10x worse. Just an fyi....
                              mine is actually kinda getting better. sex didn't even make it hurt, I actually didnt even notice it during.

Originally posted by 7_Deadly_Sins View Post
                              I had one once for 3 weeks from a WM set. I sure as shit got a PR too.
                              holy shit. I don't even want to know what would give you one of these. Every one of your sets looks like it'd give you a migraine

Comment

Working...
                              X