Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found out I have a twin, only twice as big...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Found out I have a twin, only twice as big...

    I went into the gym this morning to do my DC workout early since the wife wants to go to dinner tonight. I was finishing with deadlifts from the floor and loaded the bar to 375 for my final pull. Next too me there are 3 college kids doing biceps curls in the squat rack. As one walks by me to the water fountain he stops on the way back and starts a conversation. He asks how much I weigh, how tall I am and what not. I tell him i'm around 265 and 6'4. He then goes on.....without me asking....to tell me of his cousin who's about my height but a little bigger who pulls 5 wheels on the deadlft. I was like . Thanks, like I already don't feel like a girl pulling this weight. I know 375 is not much for someone my size, but I started at 315 8 weeks ago, so this is a great gain for ME....as well as MY personal best. But this guy went on to remind me I'm not shit....thanks guy. :enforcer: Why do people do this? To make themselves feel better or what?? Anyway, be on a lookout for my my 7ft 350lb twin who is a beast.....

    R

  • #2
    ignore it.

    i am a little bastard so just imagine how bad i get it.

    Comment


    • #3
      People just say that for the hell of it. I always hear "Man you're pretty big, but I've got a friend that's twice as big!". Thanks, I'd just love to see someone 11'2" and 500lbs.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by USMuscle9403
        Thanks, I'd just love to see someone 11'2" and 500lbs.
        LOL!

        Comment


        • #5
          headphones. knowbody will bother you with headphones on and if they try to talk well you cant really hear them anyways

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by goliath23
            headphones. knowbody will bother you with headphones on and if they try to talk well you cant really hear them anyways

            Theres this one dude in my gym. Constantly annoys me. Always talking about everything to do with his competitions, dieting, training. I mean on monday i was headed towards the seated calf raise, and he had me standing there for about 10 minutes showing me how to pose
            How to fucking pose man, i pose better than him. Yet that bastard kept talking. I even tried to get another friend to come over, but he wouldnt so i was stuck for a while.

            I've tried using an mp3 player while at the gym, and this guy will still talk to me, he's unbelievable. He'll spot me even when i dont want a spot.

            Comment


            • #7
              Just let him know that there are guys out there who weigh 100lb less than his "cousin" who would bury his ass, including *your* cousin, who's a woman with a leg length discrepancy, 3 blown discs in her low back, only 3 fingers on her left hand, and a crooked smile... LOL (Sorry, couldn't help that last one.)

              And so what?... Its all relative. There's always someone stronger, bigger, more shredded, etc.

              You might ask him what HE pulls, too... (He probably can't do deads, I'm guessing, because he hurt himself doing heavy cheat curls a few months ago...)

              -R
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

              Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"


              www.TrueNutrition.com

              2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
              2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
              2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by asim
                Theres this one dude in my gym. Constantly annoys me. Always talking about everything to do with his competitions, dieting, training. I mean on monday i was headed towards the seated calf raise, and he had me standing there for about 10 minutes showing me how to pose
                How to fucking pose man, i pose better than him. Yet that bastard kept talking. I even tried to get another friend to come over, but he wouldnt so i was stuck for a while.

                I've tried using an mp3 player while at the gym, and this guy will still talk to me, he's unbelievable. He'll spot me even when i dont want a spot.
                He might just think you're cute, LOL.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by asim
                  Theres this one dude in my gym. Constantly annoys me. Always talking about everything to do with his competitions, dieting, training. I mean on monday i was headed towards the seated calf raise, and he had me standing there for about 10 minutes showing me how to pose
                  How to fucking pose man, i pose better than him. Yet that bastard kept talking. I even tried to get another friend to come over, but he wouldnt so i was stuck for a while.

                  I've tried using an mp3 player while at the gym, and this guy will still talk to me, he's unbelievable. He'll spot me even when i dont want a spot.
                  Is he sporting wood during these conversations?... (Just wondering)

                  -R
                  The Book Has Arrived!
                  The Book Has Arrived!

                  Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"


                  www.TrueNutrition.com

                  2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                  2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                  2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The guy is married with kids so no he's not gay.
                    He's just a 40 yr old masters competitor who thinks he's the man.

                    I swear i cant outlift him in everything but biceps and chest. Cause he's that kind of lifter. lol. He cheats with everything.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by asim
                      He's just a 40 yr old masters competitor who thinks he's the man.
                      Man that was mean, old and masters should never be used in the same sentance, thank you very much...
                      "That damn log book"

                      www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Oh im sorry how should i rephrase that. Oh i've got it the Zimmer class. You know you have to use the zimmer frame to support you while walking across the stage cause your so old

                        Ah my dads 15 yrs older than you dont feel bad.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by goliath23
                          headphones. knowbody will bother you with headphones on and if they try to talk well you cant really hear them anyways

                          I'm going to have to go that route, there are too many clowns at my gym. Don't get me started on the trainers there! lol.

                          R

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by homonunculus
                            Just let him know that there are guys out there who weigh 100lb less than his "cousin" who would bury his ass, including *your* cousin, who's a woman with a leg length discrepancy, 3 blown discs in her low back, only 3 fingers on her left hand, and a crooked smile... LOL (Sorry, couldn't help that last one.)

                            And so what?... Its all relative. There's always someone stronger, bigger, more shredded, etc.

                            You might ask him what HE pulls, too... (He probably can't do deads, I'm guessing, because he hurt himself doing heavy cheat curls a few months ago...)

                            -R
                            LOL...that would have been good....I'm sure there will be a next time.

                            R

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              My favorite all time comment was a couple of years ago when I was really into and competing at grappling. This kid "Joe" started training at the same gym I do and kept coming up to me telling me he was training mixed martial arts and strong guys like me didn't stand a chance against him because he would take us down and we wouldn't know what to do on the ground. He weighed about 150 at 5'7 and I was about 220 at the time. He just saw me bench 315 for 15 and said it was impressive BUT real men do pullups and dips and then he went over and furiously cranked out about 12 or 13 dips and 9 or 10 of the most horrid pullups you've ever seen. I just smiled to my self and went back to my workout. Every time I saw him he would come up to me and strike up a conversation about how awesome his MMA training was going etc. Well, a few weeks later I went in to the MMA school I was training at to the night time class (I usually trained during the day) and guess who was stretching out on the mat waiting for someone to grapple with? We squared off and I took him down and went to the side mount and kneeled on his throat to set him up for an arm bar. Funny, I never got the arm bar, he tapped from me kneeling on his throat. After that he refused to roll with me again saying I was too rough and I outweighed him. I went over and asked the owner/head instructor about him and he said Joe just started training there 2 or 3 months ago and spent most of the time showing everyone his abs. He gets my "Tool of the millenium award".

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X