Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eating Lots of Protein

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eating Lots of Protein

    There are a lot of advocates of eating very large amounts of protein, well beyond 1g/lb weight a day.

    My question to all of you is: how do you do it? I fart holes through several layers of very thick pants if I go much beyond 1g/lb a day, and digestive enzymes only help so much. Seriously, it's terrible, I don't see how it's possible. Is it because I'm not on anabolics? Or do I need yogurt and yoga like in all those stupid commercials...

  • #2
    What forms of protein are you taking in? It may not necessarily be the protein but the particular source that your body doesn't agree with. I know that, for me personally, when I cut out dairy my gas was significantly reduced. Never thought I had any issues with dairy until I experimented with eliminating different things from my diet (one at a time) to see what was causing my gas issues - and sure enough, when I cut out milk, cheese, yogurt, etc. that's what did it.


    2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
    2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
    2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
    2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
    2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight


    Comment


    • #3
      I use HumaPro and only eat about .7g/lb of solid food protein a day.

      Comment


      • #4
        Shakes are lovely things.
        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
        kind of a douche

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DOHCrazy View Post
          I use HumaPro and only eat about .7g/lb of solid food protein a day.
          Do you think it really makes a difference?
          Want to save 5% or 10% on your entire order at www.trueprotein.com
          Use discount code JHN125

          Come watch me progress in my 5/3/1 journal!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 7_Deadly_Sins View Post
            Do you think it really makes a difference?
            What is "it" in this context?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DOHCrazy View Post
              What is "it" in this context?
              HumaPro
              Want to save 5% or 10% on your entire order at www.trueprotein.com
              Use discount code JHN125

              Come watch me progress in my 5/3/1 journal!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 7_Deadly_Sins View Post
                HumaPro
                Yes, I do. I used it as my only protein source for 30 days and I'm sold for life. Diet was HumaPro, jasmine rice, virgin coconut oil, veggies, and an occasional Nature Valley Oats n Honey bar.

                If I could only use one legal supplement, it would be HumaPro. If I could only use one grey area supplement, it would be Metformin. If I could only use one illegal supplement, it would be growth hormone.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DOHCrazy View Post
                  If I could only use one illegal supplement, it would be growth hormone.
                  Would be interesting to read why you'd choose that over AAS as the one illegal supp (in the gear section) if you ever get the inkling.
                  PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DOHCrazy View Post
                    Yes, I do. I used it as my only protein source for 30 days and I'm sold for life. Diet was HumaPro, jasmine rice, virgin coconut oil, veggies, and an occasional Nature Valley Oats n Honey bar.

                    If I could only use one legal supplement, it would be HumaPro. If I could only use one grey area supplement, it would be Metformin. If I could only use one illegal supplement, it would be growth hormone.
                    Interesting, I got a friend that swears up and down about humapro too, what results did you experience? I'd like to try some in the future.
                    Want to save 5% or 10% on your entire order at www.trueprotein.com
                    Use discount code JHN125

                    Come watch me progress in my 5/3/1 journal!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DOHCrazy View Post
                      Yes, I do. I used it as my only protein source for 30 days and I'm sold for life. Diet was HumaPro, jasmine rice, virgin coconut oil, veggies, and an occasional Nature Valley Oats n Honey bar.

                      If I could only use one legal supplement, it would be HumaPro. If I could only use one grey area supplement, it would be Metformin. If I could only use one illegal supplement, it would be growth hormone.
                      How much "humapro" do you consume a day?

                      Is it just an EAA supp?
                      Last edited by Imprezivr6; 04-09-2012, 01:04 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        DOH, it would be great if you could share some more of your experiences with Humapro.

                        What were the goals of your diet? results?

                        What about humapro places it #1 on your list of legal supplements?

                        Interested to hear your feedback sir.

                        EDIT: Did some research, you report:

                        8 scoops HumaPro (2 scoops (10g net Humapro), 4 x a day)
                        ~300g carbs White Rice / Occasional granola bar
                        ~50g fiber
                        Fill the rest in with Virgin Coconut Oil and Almonds/Peanuts

                        What was your calorie goal?

                        In no way am I trying to "put you on the spot". You're a respected member and at an advanced level of development/strength and I value your input as to the efficacy of this product.
                        Last edited by AndrewGpv03; 04-09-2012, 08:17 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Humapro is a interesting product. It's very expensive. Does any other company besides ALRI make an equivilant product? I've always questioned whey as a "quality" protein source. It was afterall, disposed of up until they found a way to use it in supplements and a few other food sources. Even high quality whey like isolate still gives people issues.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            ^^ sick physique man.
                            Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
                            Would be interesting to read why you'd choose that over AAS as the one illegal supp (in the gear section) if you ever get the inkling.
                            id prolly hang out with tren...t and take many math tests for the rest of my life if money wasnt a concern.

                            prolly add some Doug's Nice Propafol to the mix too.
                            Last edited by vkk; 04-09-2012, 10:22 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rickross1 View Post
                              Humapro is a interesting product. It's very expensive. Does any other company besides ALRI make an equivilant product? I've always questioned whey as a "quality" protein source. It was afterall, disposed of up until they found a way to use it in supplements and a few other food sources. Even high quality whey like isolate still gives people issues.
                              I'm wondering the same thing. On paper it looks like an EAA supp which could be had much cheaper. I'm just wondering if there is more to it. I value DOHC's opinion so my interest is definitely peaked.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X