tips for lat stretch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tips for lat stretch?

do any of you get to 3 minutes with fairly heavy weights?

i do 1min with 50kg, but can only do 1,5mins without weights before my hands fall asleep and slips off... even with straps. tried chalking the straps and bar for more friction, but still....

used to do alot of farmers walk and such before, so the grip itself is'nt an issue..

any tips?

thank you

I feel as though I get far more out of the "door knob" stretch than hanging from a pull up bar regardless of weight or time.
    Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

I actually like stretching each lat one side a time. I use straps and hang a weight from my dip belt and I move to one side of the pull-up bar (in a pull up/dip tower or squat cage) and pull my lower body to the side while the weight pulls downward. So to give you a visual: You are facing the pull up bar, move all the way to the left side of the bar with loaded weight belt and strap in with you right hand only, then sing your legs to the left so they can pull on the posts of the rack or step-ups on the tower. The combination of cross-body pulling and downward force is awesome!

If you'are having a tough time seeing what I am saying I will try to have someone video me getting into position next time I train back.
      Last edited by mentalflex; 03-31-2012, 11:18 PM.
      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
        I actually like stretching each lat one side a time. I use straps and hang a weight from my dip belt and I move to one side of the pull-up bar (in a pull up/dip tower or squat cage) and pull my lower body to the side while the weight pulls downward. So to give you a visual: You are facing the pull up bar, move all the way to the left side of the bar with loaded weight belt and strap in with you right hand only, then sing your legs to the left so they can pull on the posts of the rack or step-ups on the tower. The combination of cross-body pulling and downward force is awesome!

If you'are having a touch time seeing what I am saying I will try to have someone video me getting into position next time I train back.
        Thanks for the tip! I`ll try that next time, maybe i can get i bit more stretch time

Comment

please post up a vid

Comment

x2

Comment

Originally posted by arnoldfan View Post
              please post up a vid
              Originally posted by jamesjackson View Post
              x2
              This should give you an idea of what I am saying. You can seen where I am pulling my feet back to the side and pulling my upper body using my hand.

Strapping in really allows you stretch out deep.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6Ej8DOUBr8[/YOUTUBE]
              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
              2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Goddamn. I have a hard time holding my fat ass up with two arms. That would definitely give you a killer stretch through your whole thorax.

Comment

Thanks for posting up the video. I will give that stretch a try next back session

Comment

I started to mix in a new lat stretch last night.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENdumEL9TU4

pretty much that on a flat bench while holding a db in both hands keeping my arms straight. Getting that good should then help me with the tricep stretch.

Comment

Working...
                    X