Overhead Squat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overhead Squat

Ok, so iv recently been trying to do these...and well........holy shit i have so many mobility issues i didnt realise i had!

i have had a look into the cause of some of the issues im facing, but i was just wondering if i posted the issues, what i believe the causes to be and how i plan on fixing them, could you guys see if im heading in the right direction or not?

ok so:

• i cant squat with feet closer then an inch or two wider than hip width apart
    • my hips swing to the left
    • knees cave in
    • toes turn out a hell of a lot
    • arms fall forward a couple inch.

i believe a lot of the problems stem from tight calves, tight abductors and weak glutes.

i intend to overhead squat 3 times a week, plenty of foam rolling and stretching of my quads, calves, IT band. Also adding shoulder dislocations.

i wana try and get this fixed asap.

so any suggestions?

i will try and get a video up in the next couple days.

thanks guys.

what helped me with overhead squat, upperbody wise, was light pullovers and do the exercise the best you can in a smith machine to stretch and get a feel for the movement. other than that, i think it may just as well be an issue with your technique and getting used to the movement, so many light workouts on that will probably fix it

Comment

#1 The Dogg Pound is probably not the best place for a thread regarding the performance of an overhead squat.

#2 If you want to fix your mobility for an overhead squat, then check out what Olympic style weightlifters do to improve their squat. Catalyst Athletics has some good videos.
      FEAR THE FROG

Originally posted by John Broz
      If your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day. Other countries have this mindset. America does not.

Comment

Working...
      X