Hammer Strength...V-Squat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammer Strength...V-Squat

Well, the University rec center doesn't have a hack squat machine, but they do have ALL Hammer Strength equipment, including the aforementioned V-Squat.

So, I did em today, 8 heavy reps then the 20 repper. I really liked it, although I got lazy and tweaked something in my back. Nothing big, its residual from another accident, it'll go away when I walk it off with tomorrow morning's cardio.

Just thought I'd share this, see if anyone had any good or bad words for it.

Oh yeah, ass to the grass baby.
    23 years old, 6'3", 240lbs :showoff:

430 strapped deadlift
    255 belted squat for reps :fresty:
    225 incline BB :fresty:

GETTING THERE!

Hmmm...I am not familiar with the V-squat. What exactly is that?

Comment

V Squat....Sounds kind of sexual to me....Is it like eating at the Y?
      Massive G
      Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Heres a picture: https://dvcoagency.com/2ndwind_produ...=10&product=80

Ours is a different color, but you get the idea.

430 strapped deadlift

GETTING THERE!

Comment

Hell looks close enough to a hack for me, LOL.

Comment

Thats what I figured. I thought it was a hack, thats why I worked it into my split, then I saw the name and was like..."Vagina squat? I ain't no vagina! Take this you logbook!"

430 strapped deadlift

GETTING THERE!

Comment

hum, that is funny...dante and i were talking about the v-squat machine today. i really screwed up my knee about 2 months ago using that bitch. the path of motion of the machine is really unnatural biomechanically. i really feel is creates a bad shearing force to your knee joints. i would say if you are going to use it, i wouldn't use heavy weights ever again. it seem to work fine on higher rep sets, but as soon as i got into the 4-8 rep range (even with my knees wrapped extremely tight), wow you can really feel the stress to the knee joint, like the patella is about to pop off your leg. i like it for a standing calf raise too...

d
              TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

Comment

We have a similar v-squat ive been trying to tell people about it for years. lol.

But i think its pretty much bs, i agree with tpc on the angle and the force on the knee. It works on a pivot so when your tryin to push back up your pushing backwards and up which is putting more pressure on the front of the knee i think.

I could only get to parallel in that thing then after it stops on the rubber stops at the bottom, so the range of motion was crap for me. Some of the taller guys stepped up a bit in the machine and used it for a ass to grass squat. But since im not 6' that doesnt work.

And you can stand in it the other way to get a regular squat to parallel. Markus ruhl uses it in his dvd.

Comment

Originally posted by tpc
                  hum, that is funny...dante and i were talking about the v-squat machine today. i really screwed up my knee about 2 months ago using that bitch. the path of motion of the machine is really unnatural biomechanically. i really feel is creates a bad shearing force to your knee joints. i would say if you are going to use it, i wouldn't use heavy weights ever again. it seem to work fine on higher rep sets, but as soon as i got into the 4-8 rep range (even with my knees wrapped extremely tight), wow you can really feel the stress to the knee joint, like the patella is about to pop off your leg. i like it for a standing calf raise too...

d
                  That's funny I do the opposite. I use the standing calf raise as a hack, LOL.

Comment

Damnittttttt.

Now I need to find another leg excercise to work in. Thanks for letting me know about it guys, the last thing I need is bad knees at 19 years old!

Let me see what we have...squat racks(not power racks), smith machine, leg press, and various hammer strength cable/belt driven machines. Or I could always try some front squats on the smith machine? Hmm. Damn this non-hack swuat having gym.

They have this contraption as well, any opinions? Never really tried it, did it once a year ago before DC and I remember it making my knees ache.

430 strapped deadlift

GETTING THERE!

Comment

I don't have a hack squat machine at my gym, but I've been doing barbell hack squats for years. It's the same movement as a deadlift, but with the bar behind your legs. I have to use straps on this one, as it's too hard to hang onto the bar behind my back with any significant weight. I think it's a much more intense workout for the quads than the hack squat machine.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...HackSquat.html

I forgot to mention, wear pants when you do this or it will tear the back of your legs up.

Comment

you can do em in a smith machine to and put your feet a little farther in front of you
                        My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

They have that machine at my old gym - much as i like the hammer stuff i thought this sucked.

For me at 6'1" it was a half squat to get it up and i felt folded over at the bottom - didnt like the lack of a spotter device either.

Comment

Originally posted by Stang Man
                            Damnittttttt.

Now I need to find another leg excercise to work in. Thanks for letting me know about it guys, the last thing I need is bad knees at 19 years old!

Let me see what we have...squat racks(not power racks), smith machine, leg press, and various hammer strength cable/belt driven machines. Or I could always try some front squats on the smith machine? Hmm. Damn this non-hack swuat having gym.

They have this contraption as well, any opinions? Never really tried it, did it once a year ago before DC and I remember it making my knees ache.
                            welcome to my world dude. fucked up knees at 19. being excessively overweight all your life doesnt help. sports dont help, hell weight lifting like an idiot dont help. ive done them all lol

now i take fuckin glucosamine chondroitin and shit.

stick with back squat, smith squat, leg press. and you should be good. varying with front squats, front smith squats and if you have any other decent piece of equipment in the gym test it. otherwise see if u can stand in that v-squat the other way round for a regular style squat.

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys, I will definately not be using the V-squat anymore.

I'll put in a request for a hack squat machine as well as a power rack, see how that goes.

I'll also practice doing the hack with just the bar, sounds pretty damaging to those muscle tissues!

Another machine we have, could use a few opinions. http://www.hammerstrength.com/produc...l/hs_plate.asp

430 strapped deadlift

GETTING THERE!

Comment

Working...
                              X