No announcement yet.

Trouble Feeling DC Fascia Stretches...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble Feeling DC Fascia Stretches...?

I've recently started DC and have been incorporating stretches where the basic M W F split advises, but i've been having trouble "feeling" them for the most part.

I have particular problems with Shoulders, Triceps and the Hanging Lat Stretch.

Shoulders
    On the shoulder fascia stretch i predominately feel it in the biceps (im unsure how to go about altering the way i've been performing it vs the bicep stretch..?)

Triceps
    Using the overhead unilateral dumbbell stretch, i feel most stress in the posterior deltiod rather than the triceps (admittedly i feel a stretch, but nothing extreme)

Hanging Lat Stretch
    Done at the end of my workout i can barely grasp the bar for more than 45s w/ straps and when i start adding weight the numbers reduce drastically (again, im not sure if the overhead bar thickness is the issue, my straps are too long - can't feel them helping whatsoever - or my grip strength is lacking/fatigued).

I've also swapped the chest stretch to a deep dip, holding the stretched position for 1min (sometimes i might complete a rep every 15s and go back down into the stretch). Any knowledge on effectiveness of this?

I came across this
    http://www.muscletech.com/resources/..._program.shtml

and was curious about trying them should they be felt in the targetted area better than other movements?

Thanks!!

my advice would be to read everything you can on here about how to properly do these stretches...something has to be off in how you're doing them because even way back when i first started doing them i could more then feel them lol its was a deep almost painfull stretch...a good pain obviously... some i felt more then others so i kept working on my technique and after a while I found the sweet spot and i was good to go

Comment

I'm sure you read this thread, but I'll post it any way:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=9527
      2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
        I'm sure you read this thread, but I'll post it any way:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=9527
        Yeh, i read that link originally and found written discriptions of how to complete the stretches on another blog..

Do you guys just use straps for the weighted hang? (Curious if your forearms are super fatigued at the end?) or something along the lines of hooks?
        Last edited by sickchops; 02-16-2012, 11:46 PM.

Comment

to my knowledge you don't have to do weighted hang for lats, you can do a doorknob stretch. I feel the doorknob stretch an awful lot more than the hang.

Comment

On Skip's Longevity DVD, just as a bit of additional info, though Skip himself says beforehand that the info he was about to give isn't about DC stretching specifically, there are good stretches truly worth checking out as well.

Comment

You'll find some stretches here, as well:

(.pdf article - it will download)

http://www.scottstevensonphd.com/Str...sStevenson.pdf

-S
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
              2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
              2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

You might not using your straps correctly when you wrap the bar picture your hand on top and strap on bottom and role it towards your hand. Their is a wrong way to use straps just check the way you rap

Comment

i got the probs about stretching the triceps ....

i use to do it a little different now -

im placing the barbell at the level of my hips in a smith maschine .. then i knee in front of it , grap it as close as i get get it and then lean forward

i hope you can get a clue of what i mean

Comment

On shoulder stretches try varying the width of your grip and bend your knees to slowly lower yourself into the stretch until you feel it.
                    Tricep, i always had the best results using a smith machine as it allows you to step away or step into the stretch to find the right groove.
                    Back, as someone else mentioned I always like the doorknob stretch. Also try a wide lat pulldown, again, like the smith with tris, it allows some variance in your positioning that you can't get with just hanging.
                    -KidRok-
                    "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                    5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Skip has a good shoulder stretch on the Longevity DVD....I too didn't really like the standard shoulder stretch, but the one on the DVD seems to really hit it well....as far as the hanging stretch, if your straps are right you should be able to hang for days....lol. I don't use added weight, but I can easily get over a minute and then some with my straps....
                      STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

On the shoulder stretch - roll your shoulders forward, you should feel more of a stretch.

And as for triceps - I prefer using a cable with the rope attachment. I set the pin to the whole stack and adjust the position to where I need to bend at the knees to get the rope up over my head and then I stand up straight which brings my triceps into a pretty nice stretch. You can step forward, back, move your upper arm/elbow position, etc. to find the sweet spot. Also, as you loosen up during the stretch, let the weight pull your arms further down & back to intensify the stretch. Looks something like this:
                        Attached Files

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
                        2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
                        2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
                        2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
                        2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Working...
                        X