Clear All

• Rate my blast

A
    Deadlift 5/3/1
    DB row 15 reps rest paused
    Decline bench press 15 reps RP
    Underhand lat pulldown 15 reps RP
    Push press 15 reps RP
    Weighted ab work (rest paused or straight sets)

B
    Squats 5/3/1
    Leg curl OR glute ham raise 15 reps RP
    Tricep movement 20 rep RP
    Bicep curls 20 reps RP
    Weighted oblique work 15 reps RP

Done 3x a week ABA BAB

I think that the original routine is best for guys on sauce so I'm gonna run this split. What do you guys think??

From own experience, I think you will have a hard time making progress by using only one exercise for each bodypart (that is, always doing the same single exercise for a bodypart, like underhand pulldown).

Comment

mrb1g, Why do you think that? I don't claim any real personal expertise, but I have trained with a guy who got massive with DC (and I mean pushing 300 lbs.) and he taught me that everything is laid out in a certain manner for a reason, including the order of the exercises. I don't use gear and he didn't recommend changing up anything due to this. Maybe guys with more experience can chime in, but this is what I was taught...

Comment

Originally posted by pearlharbor1207 View Post
        mrb1g, Why do you think that? I don't claim any real personal expertise, but I have trained with a guy who got massive with DC (and I mean pushing 300 lbs.) and he taught me that everything is laid out in a certain manner for a reason, including the order of the exercises. I don't use gear and he didn't recommend changing up anything due to this. Maybe guys with more experience can chime in, but this is what I was taught...
        It is true that a lot of members here are natural and have made great gains with DC training.

Comment

I rate your blast as being poor. I am always surprised at how often these posts come up.
          I wrote a fair bit but have deleted it and bit my .........
          "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
          Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
          'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
          ~William Bernbach

Comment

IMO, going from deads to squats to deads...etc., if you are truly pushing yourself, you will begin to see a lot of fatigue carry over and restrict progress.

Additionally, if you are doing your heavy presses RP'd in one session then do tris the next, how likley are your trid going to fully benefit from being pre-fatigued from the pressing. And then when you go back to your pressing workout your tris will likley be a limiting factor and the weak link leading to burnout with your exercises much faster than had you structured it like a true DC plan.

What are your goals? How long have you been training? What other programs have you used and what were the results?

Take some time, ready the stickies and put more thought into your training program and post it up when you have it.

EDIT: Shouldn't this be in the puppy pound?
            Last edited by mentalflex; 02-12-2012, 09:43 AM.
            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
            2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mrb1g View Post
              A
              Deadlift 5/3/1
              Push press 15 reps RP

B
              Squats 5/3/1
              Bicep curls 20 reps RP

Done 3x a week ABA BAB

I think that the original routine is best for guys on sauce so I'm gonna run this split. What do you guys think??
              I have no clue what you are thinking here, but the original program has nothing to do with guys being on "sauce". If you really feel that way then it truly shows your ignorance of training, nutrition, and just about everything else in this game. That's just a very ignorant and nonsensical statement to make......

Also, the way you have this laid out will fry your lower back in two weeks.....your layout makes no sense and you will stall on every movement in a matter of a few workouts....if you're gonna run DC, do it as its laid out. It works the way it is, natural or not....
              Last edited by steel1970; 02-12-2012, 10:13 AM.
              STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by mrb1g View Post
                A
                Deadlift 5/3/1
                Push press 15 reps RP

B
                Squats 5/3/1
                Bicep curls 20 reps RP

Done 3x a week ABA BAB

I think that you have put very little time or effort into actually learning what DC Training is and how to properly set up a blast.
                Being on "sauce" has nothing to do with setting up a proper blast.
                I'm now done with thread:tape:
                Heavy squats fix everything.

Comment

[QUOTE=steel1970;938698]I have no clue what you are thinking here, but the original program has nothing to do with guys being on "sauce". If you really feel that way then it truly shows your ignorance of training, nutrition, and just about everything else in this game. That's just a very ignorant and nonsensical statement to make......

bump

Comment

I truly think that you missed the whole concept of DC training. You need to go back and re-read the stickies and get comfortable with the literature before you make ridiculous comments about people using gear and such. I trained with SuperD for over a year and did tremendous things with nothing more than supplements from true protein. Unless I am mistaken they don't sell gear.

Your blast will last about 4 weeks if that considering the approach you are taking with the program. Do the program as laid out by Dante and make sure you have been training for several years before taking on this intense training program.

Comment

Working...
                    X