Sleeping issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeping issues

I have been hammering the delts lately. When I sleep at night both shoulders ache. If I sleep on my back (which feels like Heaven) I snore like a buzzsaw and have apnea (not worth dying over). Anyone else have this problem, and if so is there a certain mattress you recommend? Not looking for chemical or supplemental sleep aids as I sleep fine EXCEPT for the dull shoulder pain that keeps me flip flopping all night. Looking for ideas as to a good mattress or pillow etc. I know a lot of you guys are much bigger than me so as a regular sized dude I imagine many of you have already dealt with this issue. LMK

BTW....IF, repeat IF I were a marketing guy (I am pretty good at this stuff but its not my profession) I would consider developing and marketing a mattress for bodybuilders and serious weight trainers. If this has already happened, good for them. If not, someone needs to jump on this
    Family Guy but also; Old School SoCal, punk rock loving, powerlifting, hardcore gym rat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLQ73EutoY

"Sleep apnea traditionally does not kill people at night, if you have a normal brain, normal heart and normal lungs," says Frisca Yan-Go, medical director of the UCLA Sleep Disorder Center at Santa Monica Hospital. "I tell people not to worry —if the brain has a choice between sleeping and breathing, it will choose breathing."

Have you tried different pillows? I switched to a memory foam pillow and it has helped some. Not perfect but it helped. I got the wrong shape though and hate the idea of spending another 100+ on a new one but I really should.
    Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
    Nicki Minaj

Comment

Absolutely I know what you're talking about; I bought a TempurPedic (memory foam) mattress and haven't looked back. It has eliminated this issue for me, as I had the exact same problem.

The only downside is you'll never sleep well on a regular mattress again.
      You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

Can you sleep on your stomach?
        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
        kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
          Can you sleep on your stomach?
          Not sure about OP, but this exacerbated my shoulder issues due to the arm position under my melon.

Comment

Memory foam mattress.... Tempurpedic is damn expensive. Google "bed in a box" and you will find great deals on excellent mattresses....we love ours at our vacation cabin, but we don't get much of a chance to sleep on it....lol. Gonna get a king for home after taxes are done. They really make a difference after a few days believe it or not.....
            STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

try breath right nasal strips. they work wonders
              my little journal

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=44981

Comment

OK this memory foam mattress sounds like it should be a worthwhile investment. Thx fellas. That dull sleeping shoulder pain is a sleep killer.
                Family Guy but also; Old School SoCal, punk rock loving, powerlifting, hardcore gym rat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLQ73EutoY

Comment

Originally posted by Swaminator View Post
                  OK this memory foam mattress sounds like it should be a worthwhile investment. Thx fellas. That dull sleeping shoulder pain is a sleep killer.
                  Every single time it is, I hear you.

I'm a side sleeper, so I always have one arm "out", or perpendicular to my body. The memory foam conforms to that rather than pushing my shoulder forward and causing my arm to ache and go numb. I also toss and turn much less.

Yes, TempurPedic mattresses are quite expensive; I'm not sure about other memory foam beds, but I'd have to think it would still be an improvement from where you're at now. Hell I've seen them at Costco for $3-400 for a queen size.

For that price if it works, you're golden. If not, you're not stuck with a $2000 paper weight.

Comment

I don't think those foam mattress's are too great to fuck on- maybe something to consider?

Comment

Originally posted by 46er View Post
                      I don't think those foam mattress's are too great to fuck on- maybe something to consider?
                      Yeah they are, they remember just how you like it.
                      2010 NPC North Star

Comment

After Sept me and mine are moving and when we do we are gonna get an inexpensive memory mattress....if it helps like I hope it will we will move it to the guest room and go all out for a top of the line memory mattress. If it can get me consistent 6+ hrs a nt for say 8-10 years...at 3k that's less than a buck a day....well worth it.
                        Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                        Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                        Nicki Minaj

Comment

Originally posted by 46er View Post
                          who fucks in a bed?
                          Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
                          -John Ceasar

Comment

Originally posted by lhart6272 View Post
                            who fucks in a bed?
                            Ur mom prefers it, cuz of her arthritis
                            2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by lhart6272 View Post
                              who fucks in a bed?
                              Who fucks? I guess I've been married too long.
                              2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Working...
                              X