Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do some guys grow training a bodypart 1x a week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do some guys grow training a bodypart 1x a week?

Seems like such a slow way to progressively overload... infact when I used to train that way I would actually deteriate between sessions and not be able to progressvely overload... I guess some people retain muscle better than others?

genetics
    2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Genetics, gear, copious amount of food, pushing it evrery time they hit a body part, dedication, consistency, not missing meals, supplementing right, getting adequate rest....

You know, all the things that ANYONE does to grow

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
      -1st SuperHeavy Gi
      2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
      -1st Heavyweight Gi
      2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
      2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

It is almost impossible to REALLY train a body part once a week on a well rounded routine.
        Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
        Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
        Nicki Minaj

Comment

Originally posted by Lock it Up View Post
          Genetics, gear, copious amount of food, pushing it evrery time they hit a body part, dedication, consistency, not missing meals, supplementing right, getting adequate rest....

You know, all the things that ANYONE does to grow
          lol. Really 1 smash session/wk is a good foundation for growth, IMO.

Smash, rest, recover, and grow.
          Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Philippians 4:13
          "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
          "For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Comment

i basically built all of my size drug-free training 5x/week, 1 bodypart per workout.....
            '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
            17 AAU Super Total
            '16-AAU Hi
            '15-USPA Metro
            '15-USPA State
            '15-AAU HI
            '14-AAU HI
            '14-USPA Metro
            '14-WABDL Sonny's
            '14-USPA State
            '14-HI Strongman
            '13-USPA
            '13-WABDL Sonny's
            '13-USPA State
            '13-AAU HI
            '11-USPA Metro
            '10-NPC Stingrey
            '09-NPC Islands
            '09-NPC Stingrey
            '09-ABA Islands
            '02-ABA Islands
            '02-ABA IronWorks
            '01-NPC Paradise Cup
            '01-ABA Olympia
            '01-ABA Islands
            '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
            '00-INBF Musclefest
            '98-NGA Ill
            '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by anab0lic View Post
              Seems like such a slow way to progressively overload... infact when I used to train that way I would actually deteriate between sessions and not be able to progressvely overload... I guess some people retain muscle better than others?
              I don't buy that. Something else wasn't right because I have never once seen even 1 person "deteriorate" or lose size or strength training each muscle once a week unless you were actually OVERtraining.

Skip

Sent from my Skip-Phone

Facebook: Skip Hill
              Instagram: @intensemuscle
              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
              TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
                It is almost impossible to REALLY train a body part once a week on a well rounded routine.

I agree

it's not like guys are doing nothing but cable flys and concentration curls

heavy compound movements take a toll on everything
                CEO of Morphogen Nutrition
                MorphogenNutrition.com

2012 NPC Natural Ohio
                2010 NGA Pro Universe
                2010 NPC Monster Mash
                2010 ONBF Natural Fall Classic
                2010 NPC Natural Pennsylvania
                2010 NPC Natural Northern USA
                2010 INBF Cardinal Classic
                2008 NPC Natural Northern USA
                2008 NPC Ohio State
                2004 NPC Natural Northern USA

Comment

Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
                  I agree

it's not like guys are doing nothing but cable flys and concentration curls

heavy compound movements take a toll on everything
                  THIS. You think if you hit chest once a week, heavy and hard, you're not going to be crushing your tri's, delts. And back? Bi's forearms, traps, etc.

PLENTY of really really big men have built their physiques from once a week training...some it just comes easier to than others, due to all the aforementioned things in my first post.

More than one way to skin a cat, as they say.

-1st SuperHeavy Gi
                  -1st Heavyweight Gi

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                    I don't buy that. Something else wasn't right because I have never once seen even 1 person "deteriorate" or lose size or strength training each muscle once a week unless you were actually OVERtraining.

Skip

Sent from my Skip-Phone
                    Skip,

In your opinion, do you believe that too many guys use the excuse "I don't wanna lose muscle" when dieting, and thus sacrifice condition for more fullness? In your experience, the guys that get absolutely PEELED (like yourself for instance)...do they really worry about losing a bit of muscle if it means they are gonna look like an anatomy chart?

-1st SuperHeavy Gi
                    -1st Heavyweight Gi

Comment

Skip

Sent from my Skip-Phone
                      Exactly.....I think if you are not overtraining and hitting the parts intense enough, with enough nutritional support, you will or can grow using almost any training plan.....there are TONS of people who still train this way and they don't seem to be shrinking.....in fact, there may come a time in an older lifter's career that once a week per bodypart may be more beneficial than hitting everything twice a week.....I can imagine that as we age, overtraining could become more of an issue.....
                      STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Skip

Sent from my Skip-Phone
                        You work mostly with genetically superior guys right? I definately dont have that luxery (ecto.) My body seems to want nothing to do with being muscular unless it recieves frequent stimulation... I think some guys just have much better nitrogen retention capabilitys than others.... If i take a week off training I lose quite a bit of progress (Althugh it allways comes back very quickly through muscle memory) wheras some guys can do that and it barely affects them at all. If i hit a bodypart hard i tend to find, depending on what was trained, 48-72 hours later i am stronger and could add weight/reps and progressively overload again... waiting longer my muscle just seems to slowly atrophy back to size it was prior to that workout....and thus no progress can be made the next time I train... my diet is spot on, if anything i tend to eat more than needed to ensure growth is maximized.

I just dont see why anyone would wait 7 days though, muscle is pretty much good to go again at around 72 hours... growth/protein synthesis actually stops at 36-48 hour mark...

Comment

Closing in on 3 1/2 decades and a 3-way split, once weekly per muscle, still works!
                          No-one trains HARDER!!

Comment

Originally posted by anab0lic View Post
                            You work mostly with genetically superior guys right? I definately dont have that luxery (ecto.) My body seems to want nothing to do with being muscular unless it recieves frequent stimulation... I think some guys just have much better nitrogen retention capabilitys than others.... If i take a week off training I lose quite a bit of progress (Althugh it allways comes back very quickly through muscle memory) wheras some guys can do that and it barely affects them at all. If i hit a bodypart hard i tend to find, depending on what was trained, 48-72 hours later i am stronger and could add weight/reps and progressively overload again... waiting longer my muscle just seems to slowly atrophy back to size it was prior to that workout....and thus no progress can be made the next time I train... my diet is spot on, if anything i tend to eat more than needed to ensure growth is maximized.

I just dont see why anyone would wait 7 days though, muscle is pretty much good to go again at around 72 hours... growth/protein synthesis actually stops at 36-48 hour mark...
                            lololololololololololol....

No really please, continue.

-1st SuperHeavy Gi
                            -1st Heavyweight Gi

Comment

Originally posted by Lock it Up View Post
                              lololololololololololol....

No really please, continue.
                              You do reallise thats pretty much scientifically proven right?

Comment

Working...
                              X