X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3way split question

Please dont rip me to shreds for this..

Ive searched the forums, read all of the "my new year resolution and promise to you" thread

But there is something I do not fully grasp/understand about the 3way split

Now I do understand that the 3way is usually used to bring weak bodyparts up or when dieting and that the point is to be able to add in some widowmakers for weaker bodyparts

What I do not understand is that from reading the posts it seemed as if a widowmaker was done for every bodypart (at least for Dusty?)

So question is, can it actually be done for every bodypart or should you choose something like 1 bodypart per day on which you do have a wm?

Thanks in advance
    Julien

Generally the non-leg widowmakers are only done for the specific bodypart that one wants to bring up. For someone EXTREMELY advanced like Dusty, that may be more than one bodypart.

Incidentally, your post should be held up as an example of how to ask a question here. You already did your own research, read up on threads, and looked at videos, but you still had questions. You stated the information you had and asked about what you were unclear on. Kudos, sir.
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Zraw View Post
      Please dont rip me to shreds for this..

Ive searched the forums, read all of the "my new year resolution and promise to you" thread

But there is something I do not fully grasp/understand about the 3way split

Now I do understand that the 3way is usually used to bring weak bodyparts up or when dieting and that the point is to be able to add in some widowmakers for weaker bodyparts

What I do not understand is that from reading the posts it seemed as if a widowmaker was done for every bodypart (at least for Dusty?)

So question is, can it actually be done for every bodypart or should you choose something like 1 bodypart per day on which you do have a wm?

Thanks in advance
      Anything you see posted for Dusty, Dave Henry, Cedric Miller, or any of the other top tier guys is meant for THEM, and guys perhaps on their level.

Now, to start DC is already meant for advanced guys. The two way is used to bring guys size up quickly. Then people will usually progress to the three way in order to bring up body parts, yes, but also, and more importanly I would think, is the fact that your body get BEAT UP using the weights these guys do at their level. You are doing less overall volume on the 3 way each session, but it's only to allow them to use the most weight possible on each exercise which is crucial, because it's ONE all out RP set for each bodypart (save the widows).

Dante has stated he thinks guys can pound the two way into the ground before ever needing the three way...but when you get to the point of pro status, you'r bound to have standout bodparts and weaker ones, and everything needs to be in proportion....so you switch to the three way to accomplish that.

Widows are used on the standard 3 way with one body part per session. That's the standard, for MOST people.

PS. Homon, correct me if I am wrong on any account, please

Edit: My rambling allowed Sammich to answer it for ya first LOL.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
      -1st SuperHeavy Gi
      2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
      -1st Heavyweight Gi
      2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
      2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Originally posted by Lock it Up View Post
        Anything you see posted for Dusty, Dave Henry, Cedric Miller, or any of the other top tier guys is meant for THEM, and guys perhaps on their level.

Now, to start DC is already meant for advanced guys. The two way is used to bring guys size up quickly. Then people will usually progress to the three way in order to bring up body parts, yes, but also, and more importanly I would think, is the fact that your body get BEAT UP using the weights these guys do at their level. You are doing less overall volume on the 3 way each session, but it's only to allow them to use the most weight possible on each exercise which is crucial, because it's ONE all out RP set for each bodypart (save the widows).

Dante has stated he thinks guys can pound the two way into the ground before ever needing the three way...but when you get to the point of pro status, you'r bound to have standout bodparts and weaker ones, and everything needs to be in proportion....so you switch to the three way to accomplish that.

Widows are used on the standard 3 way with one body part per session. That's the standard, for MOST people.

PS. Homon, correct me if I am wrong on any account, please
        stop posting

Fucking read my edit, homes.
        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
        kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
          stop posting

I AM A GARGANTUAN HOMOXUAL just so you all know
          Last edited by Sammich; 01-21-2012, 01:14 AM. Reason: it's funny because it's true

-1st SuperHeavy Gi
          -1st Heavyweight Gi

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

Comment

Thank you both for the answers, I appreciate
            Julien

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
              stop posting

Who the fuck is "Homes the Gargantuan Homoxual?" Some mythical Greek hero I never read about?...

-S
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
              2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
              2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

*nods*

I see what you did there.

-1st SuperHeavy Gi
                -1st Heavyweight Gi

Comment

I have a 3way question: I once banged a conjoined twin, her sister laid there covered by a sheet and cried gently the whole time. Does that count?
                  Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
                  -John Ceasar

Comment

Originally posted by lhart6272 View Post
                    I have a 3way question: I once banged a conjoined twin, her sister laid there covered by a sheet and cried gently the whole time. Does that count?
                    Good question.

Where were they conjoined and what body parts did they share?
                    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

It only counts if you hit all orifices twice....
                      STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

The tears are great lubricant for the buttsex.
                        2008 WABDL World Bench Press Champioships, 2nd place 275lb submaster division state record bench press
                        2001 WABDL World Record Breaker Bench Press Championships 1st place 275lb class
                        2000 USPF Regional Championships 1st place 275lb division
                        1999 USPF NorthWest Reigional Championships 1st place, 275lb division
                        1998 USAPL State Championships 1st place 275lb division
                        1997 AAU State Championships 1st place 275lb division
                        1997 USPF State Championships 1st place 275lb division
                        + more

Comment

If she is covered by a sheet, technically I think you are still doing the 2 way.

Comment

Originally posted by smookey View Post
                            If she is covered by a sheet, technically I think you are still doing the 2 way.
                            Disagree. Think about like a magic show. Or hide and seek. It's like where am I coming from next!?! You think it's straight on? No no no, tricked ya, sneak attack from behind. But since they are conjoined, she probably could not be 100% covered... man this is a question for the ages lol
                            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                            2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Since they are conjoined, it might be from the back to one, and from the front to the other....this thread kinda derailed a bit I think.....lol
                              STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Working...
                              X