Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some people are just losing the concept of DC training.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homonunculus - I will definitely be staying with the 2-way split...I actually wasn't planning on switching to the 3-way, I was just curious if you saw any negatives within doing the WM exercise directly after the body part you've trained if you still have several muscle groups that may be affected a bit too much by that widowmaker. Your logic behind that sounds true. In my case, my shoulders have always been my weakest point, so a chest widowmaker would seriously hamper what I would be capable of lifting on my shoulder set. But, as I said, I really just did mean it for research purposes, I hadn't planned to switch.

Thanks for the question about progress - the pics you see there were sort of cataloged as a "before DC" type of set...in the past year I've been insanely happy with how my lifts have been going up and how my body has been growing. Not anywhere near where I'd like to be obviously, but anyone rarely is. The two big reasons behind this are A) Started eating way more food than I was comfortable eating, and B) I discovered that my body responds much better to lower rep, higher weight exercises, and even more importantly, my body grows much better with a focus on a slow, controlled negative and an explosive positive rep (I think nearly everyone grows better by this, but that doesn't stop a lot of people I see daily).

I think I may have been a bit too hasty with choosing the term "brutal"...I'm more than on-board for pushing every set to absolute failure and then trying to stretch it even further, I simply was thinking in terms of how a body part (specific for different people) might suffer progress if it occurred after that widowmaker, I'm sorry if that came off wrong.

I'm just finishing up a cruise right now, and had already planned out a 2-way split for the next 8-10 weeks coming up, don't worry, I don't plan to hop on a 3-way anytime soon haha, I won't be ready for a while.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I will document your knowledge for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by WorldStrike View Post
      Homonunculus - I will definitely be staying with the 2-way split...I actually wasn't planning on switching to the 3-way, I was just curious if you saw any negatives within doing the WM exercise directly after the body part you've trained if you still have several muscle groups that may be affected a bit too much by that widowmaker. Your logic behind that sounds true. In my case, my shoulders have always been my weakest point, so a chest widowmaker would seriously hamper what I would be capable of lifting on my shoulder set. But, as I said, I really just did mean it for research purposes, I hadn't planned to switch.

Thanks for the question about progress - the pics you see there were sort of cataloged as a "before DC" type of set...in the past year I've been insanely happy with how my lifts have been going up and how my body has been growing. Not anywhere near where I'd like to be obviously, but anyone rarely is. The two big reasons behind this are A) Started eating way more food than I was comfortable eating, and B) I discovered that my body responds much better to lower rep, higher weight exercises, and even more importantly, my body grows much better with a focus on a slow, controlled negative and an explosive positive rep (I think nearly everyone grows better by this, but that doesn't stop a lot of people I see daily).

I think I may have been a bit too hasty with choosing the term "brutal"...I'm more than on-board for pushing every set to absolute failure and then trying to stretch it even further, I simply was thinking in terms of how a body part (specific for different people) might suffer progress if it occurred after that widowmaker, I'm sorry if that came off wrong.

I'm just finishing up a cruise right now, and had already planned out a 2-way split for the next 8-10 weeks coming up, don't worry, I don't plan to hop on a 3-way anytime soon haha, I won't be ready for a while.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I will document your knowledge for the future.
      Sure, man, no problem.

(Actually, I'd be interested in follow-up pics. As you recall from the link I posted, you were getting some shit for even doing DC in the first place...)

-S
      The Book Has Arrived!
      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
      2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
      2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Will send to you. No homo.

Comment

Incline press 405 for 12 reps
          smith military press 330 for 12 reps
          deadlift 550 for 12 reps
          close grip bench press 405 for 12 reps
          deep squat 500 for 20 reps
          pulldown 400 for 15 reps
          dumbell curl 80's cleanly for 20 reps
          etc etc etc etc

Shit,,,35 years of lifting and I only got close to the squat ## and still missed that by 9 ...I suck
          A girl walks up to me and says" My God you're good looking!"
          ME " I know"
          Her"WHAT!"
          Me " I know I am good looking"
          Her" You're also and asshole"
          ME " I know that too!"

Comment

Originally posted by Deepsquat3 View Post
            Incline press 405 for 12 reps
            smith military press 330 for 12 reps
            deadlift 550 for 12 reps
            close grip bench press 405 for 12 reps
            deep squat 500 for 20 reps
            pulldown 400 for 15 reps
            dumbell curl 80's cleanly for 20 reps
            etc etc etc etc

Shit,,,35 years of lifting and I only got close to the squat ## and still missed that by 9 ...I suck
            Well imma start using that list as "stuff I need to do before I'm 21."

And I felt great for doing pulldowns with 280....
            "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Bump
              International Elite Raw Powerlifter
              Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

good post

Comment

Working...
                X