Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some people are just losing the concept of DC training.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LearningDC View Post
    I kind of bounce between the two...but you are not kidding about the warm-ups.:eyebrows:
    had to make sure , you know I chose you as a wo partner in one of those fantasy threads here :yo:
    "An egg yolk is a terrible thing to waste"
    J.M.

Comment

grindstone smells kickass ...

thanks Dante

Comment

Originally posted by LearningDC View Post
        I kind of bounce between the two...but you are not kidding about the warm-ups.:eyebrows:
        You LDC (if you had the time schedule) I would put on the elite 5 day split as you are already massive......those workouts are very short.
        @dante_trudel

Comment

Dante,
          What are your thoughts on this?
          I’m 47 years old, working out for a good 30 years now. Not the biggest guy around but not the smallest either. I know this doesn’t provide a whole lot of detail but would you recommend staying with the 2-way and keep trying to pack on new muscle or based on m age and TIG (time in the gym) go with another approach. I’ve made (in my opinion) some good gains and I know some will say to stay with what’s working but I was just interested as to your thoughts. As far as sups go, other than some HRT, the only other things I’m using is just your basic supplements.
          "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
          2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
          2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
          2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
          2002 NPC Western Carolina:
          2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Originally posted by bouncer dave View Post
            had to make sure , you know I chose you as a wo partner in one of those fantasy threads here :yo:
            Originally posted by Doggcrapp View Post
            You LDC (if you had the time schedule) I would put on the elite 5 day split as you are already massive......those workouts are very short.
            I must have missed that BD. Who knows, maybe someday.
            DC, I think I am headed that way for sure. My training partner is still a youngin. Congrats on all the success with the company my friend.
            2008 WABDL World Bench Press Champioships, 2nd place 275lb submaster division state record bench press
            2001 WABDL World Record Breaker Bench Press Championships 1st place 275lb class
            2000 USPF Regional Championships 1st place 275lb division
            1999 USPF NorthWest Reigional Championships 1st place, 275lb division
            1998 USAPL State Championships 1st place 275lb division
            1997 AAU State Championships 1st place 275lb division
            1997 USPF State Championships 1st place 275lb division
            + more

Comment

Classic Dante post! This is the kind of stuff that got me following his methods and way of thinking not just about training but life in general.

Comment

Originally posted by v1hyp View Post
                Dante,
                What are your thoughts on this?
                I’m 47 years old, working out for a good 30 years now. Not the biggest guy around but not the smallest either. I know this doesn’t provide a whole lot of detail but would you recommend staying with the 2-way and keep trying to pack on new muscle or based on m age and TIG (time in the gym) go with another approach. I’ve made (in my opinion) some good gains and I know some will say to stay with what’s working but I was just interested as to your thoughts. As far as sups go, other than some HRT, the only other things I’m using is just your basic supplements.
                Hard decision based on time limits...goals...mostly goals...if i was you i would make the decision between 3 way split and 5 way split and your time restraints.....if overall size is still the key in your wants and needs then the 3 way split is the way to go...if you are ok at gaining overall size at a slightly slower pace but really want to get up some weak bodyparts i would go with 5 way split.
                @dante_trudel

Comment

great read and nothing but the truth...
                  I GET MY SUPPLEMENTS WHERE TOP ATHLETES GET THEIRS : TRUEPROTEIN.COM

:preach:

2008 Mr. Indiana Heavyweight Champ

Comment

Hard decision based on time limits...goals...mostly goals...if i was you i would make the decision between 3 way split and 5 way split and your time restraints.....if overall size is still the key in your wants and needs then the 3 way split is the way to go...if you are ok at gaining overall size at a slightly slower pace but really want to get up some weak bodyparts i would go with 5 way split.
                    Thanks for the input
                    "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                    2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                    2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                    2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                    2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                    2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Great post as always Dante.
                      For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Comment

Dante- So much great info as usual!

Comment

Good thing I came across this thread as I did some serious self evaluation today and wasn't the happiest, this puts things into perspective.

Comment

training bodyparts progressively 74 times a year or so beats training bodyparts progressively 52 times a year....
                            My new quick answer to "What is DC?"....

Comment

does anyone here train in the 3 way split .. like chest/shoulder/triceps bizeps/forearms/back and calves/hamstrings/quads... because i would like to see an example of a 3 way split plan ... got no idea how to build one for myself

Comment

Originally posted by DCisnobrand View Post
                                does anyone here train in the 3 way split .. like chest/shoulder/triceps bizeps/forearms/back and calves/hamstrings/quads... because i would like to see an example of a 3 way split plan ... got no idea how to build one for myself

Quote from Dante from a while back, but I think still relevant to your question:

Some of my extremely advanced trainers and some of the guys who need very short workouts I have them do the following. What I do with those people works right along the same lines as the M W F M scheme I always use--almost the same frequency with extremely short workouts. And if anyone who has been doing DC training for a long while, likes this schedule better I have no problem with them going over to it. It is Mon Tues Thurs Fri (with weekends off) or something to that effect according to their schedule and the body is split up like this:

A)
                                biceps
                                forearms
                                back width
                                back thickness

B)
                                Chest
                                Shoulders
                                Triceps

C)
                                Calves
                                Hams
                                Quads

So you see that on Friday biceps and back is hit again and then the next week workout b will be hit twice and during week 3 workout c will be hit twice. The frequency of bodyparts hit is almost like the original M W F M plan. On this split which i use with highly advanced trainees I use it to bomb their weak bodyparts (which I dont feel you can do without potentially overtraining on the MWF scheme) The downsides to this 3 way split are the obvious non day off between workouts and you have to be very very careful with order of exercises on this plan. For example I would never have you doing full range deadlifts the day after a squat day--you would be destroyed. You have to look over the whole scheme and make sure your back thickness exercise is not going to be effected by your hamstring or quad exercise. I would probably skip stiff legged deadlifts for hamstrings totally during this routine because of the heavy back thickness exercises. I would probably rotate seated standing and lying leg curls for someone doing this. Your workouts though would be 30-60 minutes tops and thats tops and your out of there. The bad points of setting it up this way is that you lose that whole day of rest between workouts and Ive seen over time that most people seem to gain a slight bit better with that full day of rest. The other bad point is although the frequency of bodyparts trained is similiar, its a bit less over time (bodyparts trained about 81 times a year in the M W F scheme and 69 times a year in the second scheme above) .........

PS: I put back/bis before chest/shoulder/tri in the rotation because alot of people get really sore in the shoulder/chest area the day after chest. This can make it very hard sometimes on back width and back thickness exercises (especially back width) and Im trying to keep injuries to a minimum. The downside to this is when leg day falls directly after chest day, you are going to have to stretch out thoroughly in the delt/chest area to get your shoulders/arms on the bar for squatting.

Without a doubt--the mon wed fri split gets people bigger faster than any other split and the 3 way mon tues thurs fri split is a step below it on that front, but I am able to get up weak bodyparts a little bit better on the 3 way split--so remember that if you are overanxious to jump to the 3 way split, your actually gaining overall muscle mass slightly faster with the mon wed fri split

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
                                2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
                                2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
                                2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
                                2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Working...
                                X