Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Injury Question

Hello DC'ers,

Just a quick question regarding resetting my blast after a minor injury. This week is 'supposed' to be week 4 of my current blast. However, over the weekend I began experiencing some pretty severe back pains.. Skipped Monday's workout, and went to the doctor today. Looks like just a deep muscle sprain. I am optimistic that I will be able to resume lifting on Monday (11/14). So my question is - do I do the sessions next week that I had planned for this week, or do I just skip this week altogether and just miss out on this week's workout?

Thanks guys,
    -Ryan

Originally posted by DC-user View Post
    Hello DC'ers,

Just a quick question regarding resetting my blast after a minor injury. This week is 'supposed' to be week 4 of my current blast. However, over the weekend I began experiencing some pretty severe back pains.. Skipped Monday's workout, and went to the doctor today. Looks like just a deep muscle sprain. I am optimistic that I will be able to resume lifting on Monday (11/14). So my question is - do I do the sessions next week that I had planned for this week, or do I just skip this week altogether and just miss out on this week's workout?

Thanks guys,
    -Ryan
    IMO, I would cruise for a week then come back at it the next week with the weights I was SUPPOSED to use this upcoming week.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
    -1st SuperHeavy Gi
    2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
    -1st Heavyweight Gi
    2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
    2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Try to remember also that in the grand scheme it really wont matter so much whether you start a week with this workout or that as long as you're consistent and improving... I think Lock had good advice

Comment

Apologies, just noticed this was in the dogg pound.., I am no DC vet or expert, so mods feel free to delete, although I do feel my advice could relate to more than one exercise type...

MT

Comment

thanks guys, 'Lock it up' - you are likely right on with that suggestion as much as I hate to admit it because I would like to get right back into it next week, seeing as im so early in the blast and it was going so well. I will just have to see how I feel in a few days.

Comment

Working...
          X