Had My DC Training Shit On Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had My DC Training Shit On Yesterday

So...I'm a Personal Trainer, been doing it for a while, though I'm a young buck.

Been doing DC Training for about 3 years or so...started off as a very small ecto, I think my body wants to be at 140-150 without massive food....went from about 150 at 9% or so to 200 at around 15%. (Feel like a fatass, but whatever, gonna diet down soon). Anyway, put on a lot of size in that time, though some fat, I'm not doing anything to impede gains.

Yesterday I was told by MY MANAGER (who is a good guy, well versed in Fitness, etc) how my program SUCKS and I had to decide whether I wanna be a powerlifter or a bodybuilder, and that when I diet down, I'm gonna be really small, and I'm too "bubbly" right now. "You're gonna be about 160 when you diet down, you need to do more volume"

Nothing ever makes me mad, nothing, not ever. But this did. I can't tell you why, but I was furious at these comments. I know this program works, it's helped me put on all the size I have. I tried volume training and eating a lot and it didn't do dick compared to this.

I've never cared what other people think about me, I've always been one to beat myself, to be better than I was last year. My food intake has always been what's held me back. I take in probably enough or almost enough, but it's not clean enough and I know what's holding me back.

In January I'm hiring Shelby Starnes to lean me out, and after that, I'm hiring him again for the "offseason" of next year. At this time next year I can promise you (God-willing) that I will be the biggest and leanest person working at my gym.
    Last edited by darkguitars2000; 10-27-2011, 10:07 AM.
    TRUE PROTEIN Discount Code- CSH730

He sounds like a hater.... Good luck to you with your plan.
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

That was his round-a-bout way of calling you fat.
      If the program is working for you then stick to the plan. We all know that sometimes we need to carry a little extra weight to acquire the gains. Just don't let it get excessive.
      -KidRok-
      "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
      5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Originally posted by darkguitars2000 View Post
        So...I'm a Personal Trainer, been doing it for a while, though I'm a young buck.

Been doing DC Training for about 3 years or so...started off as a very small ecto, I think my body wants to be at 140-150 without massive food....went from about 150 at 9% or so to 200 at around 15%. (Feel like a fatass, but whatever, gonna diet down soon). Anyway, put on a lot of size in that time, though some fat, I'm not doing anything to impede gains.
        Ask him to do the math.

Get your BF estimated and go from there. If you're really 15% (at 200lb) and you drop to 180, all of it fat, you'll be at about 5%. (Actually, you'll probably drop some water initially when you diet down, but that's a rough estimate.)

If he thinks you'll be at 160 when you diet down (let's assume that means 5% BF at 160), and you were to lose no muscle in the process (again hypothetical), then he's saying you're carrying 48lb of fat right now, meaning you're currently about 24% body fat...

Post pics and we can get an idea.

(It is possible to get fat doing DC, of course, if diet and cardio aren't in place...)

-S
        The Book Has Arrived!
        The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
        2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
        2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

That would piss me off too. Just keep doing what you're doing, diet down in the next year and blow him away.

Also, for a natural, 160 pounds is really not THAT small at contest condition, especially if you're under 6'.

Comment

Don't sweat it.

Sound slike you made awsome gains

Sent from my DROIDX
            [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
            Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Switch gyms, come back after another year of DC training and SHOW this guy how shitty DC really is and see what he has to say for himself.
              Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Originally posted by dakoose View Post
                Switch gyms, come back after another year of DC training and SHOW this guy how shitty DC really is and see what he has to say for himself.
                Or you can just ignore people that don't agree with you.

weird concept
                Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                www.316fit.com
                Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post

weird concept
                  Bingo. Unless you are intentionally using the criticism to fuel the goals that YOU want, let it go. Also, I think you should give Skip a go for the diet stuff.
                  2008 WABDL World Bench Press Champioships, 2nd place 275lb submaster division state record bench press
                  2001 WABDL World Record Breaker Bench Press Championships 1st place 275lb class
                  2000 USPF Regional Championships 1st place 275lb division
                  1999 USPF NorthWest Reigional Championships 1st place, 275lb division
                  1998 USAPL State Championships 1st place 275lb division
                  1997 AAU State Championships 1st place 275lb division
                  1997 USPF State Championships 1st place 275lb division
                  + more

Comment

Originally posted by LearningDC View Post
                    Bingo. Unless you are intentionally using the criticism to fuel the goals that YOU want, let it go. Also, I think you should give Skip a go for the diet stuff.
                    Definitely. Skip knows his shit and he also provides this board for us to all come here and actually learn about diet rather than all drugs or supplements at other boards.

Nice to actually support the guys that are helping you out anyway.
                    Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                    FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                    www.316fit.com
                    Email: [email protected]

Comment

Thanks for the incite fellas.

I am 199 and 17% the other day from a 3-site caliper test. (Done by another senior trainer who's done about a million pinches).

I will say I look like shit, undoubtedly. Will put up pictures when I get someone who can take em.

I was pretty mad the other day when I wrote this, calmed down now. I definitely would never switch gyms, (as I do work there), but also because the man who said it to me is someone I greatly admire and who has helped me a lot. We disagree about this subject, but it's no reason to throw the friendship out the window.

However, I will use it as a motivator this coming year.

Comment

Well this is bad any way you look at it. Haha. Can't wait to start dieting.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I think he was probably just being a good friend, and being honest, tbh.
                          PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post

weird concept
                            I guess; my overall point was to use it as motivation and prove him wrong. Taking the high road is usually best but sometimes its fun to rub it in some idiot's face.
                            Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
                              I think he was probably just being a good friend, and being honest, tbh.
                              Yeah, judging from the photo he may have a point. I'm not trying to be a dick, but three years of DC training should yield more than that, IMO.

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Working...
                              X