Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative diet thoughts

http://www.reactivetrainingsystems.c...biorhythm-diet

I'm only mentioning this because it comes from a guy I respect. Basically he makes an argument for carbs late in the day rather than early. IDK ....

Originally posted by leegee38 View Post
    http://www.reactivetrainingsystems.c...biorhythm-diet

I'm only mentioning this because it comes from a guy I respect. Basically he makes an argument for carbs late in the day rather than early. IDK ....
    This isn't anything new.

Comment

I typically don't read much in to an article when the before/after pics are taken at such varied locations such as his. You can't tell if any progress was made because of light manipulation, plus he used a shitty camera on before, then a less shitty camera on after. As far as thoughts on alternative diets and such, they're everywhere, and they're sometimes crap. This one just seems like a feelgood diet, one that gets "in tune" with your biorhythms and makes sure you feel all giddy about dieting. I've met some folks who are in to the holistic and natural approach to life in general, and they're good people, to each his own. I think the key with these diets is finding something that works for you and your lifestyle, regardless of what it is. So long as it's sound and not some off the reservation method. Just my person .02.
      …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

just carb cycle people...not that hard!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCrazy View Post
          This isn't anything new.
          x2
          "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win." Bear Bryant

My Log:
          http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=45338

Comment

No need to overcomplicate things

Comment

This isn't anything new.
              x3 haha

Throwing around the term biorythm is just marketing to make it seem like something that has been around for a while is completely revolutionary.
              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
              2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

This isn't anything new.
                I don't think he ever said it was. I thought it was an interesting read though.

Originally posted by mark! View Post
                I typically don't read much in to an article when the before/after pics are taken at such varied locations such as his. You can't tell if any progress was made because of light manipulation, plus he used a shitty camera on before, then a less shitty camera on after. As far as thoughts on alternative diets and such, they're everywhere, and they're sometimes crap. This one just seems like a feelgood diet, one that gets "in tune" with your biorhythms and makes sure you feel all giddy about dieting. I've met some folks who are in to the holistic and natural approach to life in general, and they're good people, to each his own. I think the key with these diets is finding something that works for you and your lifestyle, regardless of what it is. So long as it's sound and not some off the reservation method. Just my person .02.
                I don't think the before and after pics are the best either but I also didn't think they were the highlight of the article....I found this article interesting because Skip here is against carbs before bed I'm pretty sure. I'd love to here his take on this article.

Originally posted by lilarnold View Post
                just carb cycle people...not that hard!!!!!
                what? solid input haha

Originally posted by PhxRPh View Post
                x2
                again I don't think the OP was claiming this is ground breaking new stuff, just trying to start discussion rather...

Originally posted by ajb316 View Post
                No need to overcomplicate things
                I don't think this was too complicated so I don't get what you mean....

I'm curious to if this works well. I'm always looking for an easiest way to skin the cat if you know what you mean and I have never really had a large amount of carbs before bed so I am curious to what skip would argue against this. I remember him mentioning something about GH release while sleeping being affected by carbs or something but I am kind of foggy in the memory department today. Curious to what others have to say though!

Comment

I am going to fast until 2pm every day, and then eat a regular days' worth of food from 2p-10p. I am going to only eat carbs in my last meal of the day which will be a pig out, and the rest of my meals will be prot/fat. I am also going to Skipload on Sundays and am contemplating doing a full fast on Sat, during which I will just sip BCAAs all day, to really maximize the effects of Sundays. Mon-Fri I am also going to use a High/Low every other day caloric cycle to really mix things up. I will remain Gluten-Fee throughout it all. I am going to use this dieting approach until January while recovery from my injury. I will not be doing any weight training or cardio of any kind.

I am going to call this the "Every Diet I Can Think OF Minus Anything That's Traditional Diet" or EDICT OF MATT Diet for short. Thoughts?

Edit: for the record, this is not really what I'm doing. I'm actually going to get as fat as possible and set myself up to be the perfect before/after candidate for the next great fat loss pill. Get me a mother fuckin scholarship!
                  Last edited by Macho Man; 10-04-2011, 11:54 PM.
                  2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                    I am going to fast until 2pm every day, and then eat a regular days' worth of food from 2p-10p. I am going to only eat carbs in my last meal of the day which will be a pig out, and the rest of my meals will be prot/fat. I am also going to Skipload on Sundays and am contemplating doing a full fast on Sat, during which I will just sip BCAAs all day, to really maximize the effects of Sundays. Mon-Fri I am also going to use a High/Low every other day caloric cycle to really mix things up. I will remain Gluten-Fee throughout it all. I am going to use this dieting approach until January while recovery from my injury. I will not be doing any weight training or cardio of any kind.

I am going to call this the "Every Diet I Can Think OF Minus Anything That's Traditional Diet" or EDICT OF MATT Diet for short. Thoughts?
                    good luck not cheating? lol
                    Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                    FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                    www.316fit.com
                    Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
                      good luck not cheating? lol
                      Oh, but that's the beauty of it; there's built in cheat days every 1.5 weeks, so it's a non-issue!

and I get to cheat with my lovers weiner.. win-win
                      Last edited by Jared Ragsdale; 10-04-2011, 03:42 PM.
                      2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                        Oh, but that's the beauty of it; there's built in cheat days every 1.5 weeks, so it's a non-issue!

and I get to cheat with my lovers weiner.. win-win
                        word. There's nothing like a warm, swiss cheese filled sausage to curb cravings while dieting.
                        Last edited by Macho Man; 10-04-2011, 03:55 PM.
                        Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                        FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                        www.316fit.com
                        Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
                          word. There's nothing like a warm, swiss cheese filled sausage to curb cravings while dieting.
                          :puke:
                          2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Is that the leangains guy?

Comment

That guy is Blade, he's a diet coach and he posts on this board sometimes, Skip likes him I believe, they seem to have some sort of friendship from their posts.

I will read the article tomorrow then comment on it, I have heard of carb backloading from Mark Bell on a podcast and thought it wasn't very interesting.

Martin Berkhan, from leangains, does something similar in that he fasts all day and carb loads for 8hrs, again, I beleived that it doesnt really matter if the carbs are in the morning or night, the important thing is that insulin levels are low most of the day.

Lately I have been reading a lot on dopamine, serotonin and their precursors. Playing around with taking a tbsp of leucine before everymeal and realized that this stopped me from sleeping if taken to late in the day because it stimulated dopamine/nor-adrenaline.

We are kind of meant to eat nothing all day, hunt, have lots of cathecholamines going, dopamine, gh, low insulin all day and then at night feast.

Carbs increase serotonin which leads to relaxation and deep sleep. I am starting to think that all those dieting bodybuilders complaining about not being able to sleep might want to try eating their carb portions right before bed instead of early in the day and I think they will be surprised by how good they feel, how well they sleep, how less hungry they are in the day and they will still be getting as lean as before.

The warrior diet is something along these lines as well.
                              If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
                              http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
                              2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
                              2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

Working...
                              X