full body training 3x per week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• full body training 3x per week

hey guys. has anyone experimented with these old school routines??

http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....xperience+full

Comment

Big fan of stronglifts 5x5
      SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
        Big fan of stronglifts 5x5
        x2

Comment

I've used HFT training routines before, mainly based off Chad Waterbury's templates, with decent results. The setup I used had a lot of supersets and kept my HR up throughout the workout. Moderate gains in strength, no significant muscular size gains, but it kept me lean.
          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
          2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
          2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Look at wendler's full body 5/3/1
            For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

I'm experimenting with a full body, 3x routine right now. Its mostly of my own design (or rather, ideas I've cobbled together from other programs I've done).

I'll explain if anybody's interested, but I'm not going to clutter the thread up just to see myself type.
              The harder I work the luckier I get...
              ...Just lucky that way, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by RaptorMkII View Post
                I'm experimenting with a full body, 3x routine right now. Its mostly of my own design (or rather, ideas I've cobbled together from other programs I've done).

I'll explain if anybody's interested, but I'm not going to clutter the thread up just to see myself type.
                please do explain bro : )

Comment

The grandaddy of all 3x per week full body routines is the breathing squat routine....
                  This is a tried and true routine that will put bodyweight on just about anybody. THIS is where Dante discovered the value of a 20 rep squat.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/irontamer5.htm
                  2008 WABDL World Bench Press Champioships, 2nd place 275lb submaster division state record bench press
                  2001 WABDL World Record Breaker Bench Press Championships 1st place 275lb class
                  2000 USPF Regional Championships 1st place 275lb division
                  1999 USPF NorthWest Reigional Championships 1st place, 275lb division
                  1998 USAPL State Championships 1st place 275lb division
                  1997 AAU State Championships 1st place 275lb division
                  1997 USPF State Championships 1st place 275lb division
                  + more

Comment

interesting. i am wanting to try something like this. although i feel i should not stray from dc as it has worked so well. however, the higher frequency of body parts being hit per week (3) is appealing. what are your guys thoughts on that? training major muscles 3 times per week with one compound exercise?

Comment

I'm not sure it works all that well for more advanced guys, but Reg Park and Steve Reeves trained with 3x a week full body type shit most of their careers and they were pretty damn strong. Give it a shot.
                      Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

I have tried it. I dont like it. i dont have enough energy to do legs after i did my chest and back

And if I chose to do legs first. I was spent.. I had nothing left in me to Do the rest..

Comment

I always seem to do well on bill starr's routine, but sometimes I start out at too high of a % and cut it short. My favorite routine so far.
                          Current Raw PR's as of 2012
                          365 Oly Squat @ 160
                          350 TNG Bench @ 160
                          556.7 Deadlift @ 157 (usapl)

My YouTube
                          My Lifting Blog

Comment

Originally posted by LearningDC View Post
                            The grandaddy of all 3x per week full body routines is the breathing squat routine....
                            This is a tried and true routine that will put bodyweight on just about anybody. THIS is where Dante discovered the value of a 20 rep squat.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/irontamer5.htm
                            Def. Want to try this! Thx ldc
                            SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

The basic Arthur Jones 3Xs a week routine is great for a beginner. It does work but as you get larger and stronger you will just need more rest between sessions for a body part.
                              Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                              Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                              Nicki Minaj

Comment

Working...
                              X