Attention endos! LISTEN TO DANTE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention endos! LISTEN TO DANTE!

Note, this is for those of that have tendency to gain a little fat. From reading these boards, it sounds like most of us, LOL. Now I know most of us hate the idea of cardio. I am the same way. I know most of us hate the carb-cutoff. I do, too. But guess what? If you are even the least bit endo, YOU NEED TO ADHERE TO THESE THINGS. All of us want to be as big and muscular as possible in the shortest period of time and this is exactly what this program does, but please...listen to Dante's advice on these things.

When I first started, I was about 12-13% bodyfat with about a 32-33" waist. Not too bad, huh? Nah, it wasn't. I was 206lbs. Now that is not too bad of a start. Granted I was not ripped, but I was not fat either. Guess what I did? I thought I could get away with skimping a little on the carb cut off. So I would go out, it'd be around 8 or so, I'd decide it was time for a meal so I'd go to McDonald's and pick up about 10 double cheeseburgers. I really thought nothing of it, I was like "Hey, my body needs this". The CLEAN calories I was actually counting came to around 5000 a day and atleast 500g protein. None of the junk food was counted, and trust me...it was alot. I also decided fuck the cardio. I hate cardio, LOL. I just kept thinking that my body was going to use all those calories and they would go straight to muscle building. Well, most of it did...but some didn't. I way overestimated my body's ability to metabolize food.

Oh my weights went up ever so nicely in the gym, and man did it look good on the scale. I didn't FEEL fatter, and frankly that's why I did not care. I wasn't being physically impaired by it, so that's all that mattered to me. Fuck abs, LOL. Well the weeks turned into months of doing this same thing, not doing my off-season cardio, not sticking to carb-cutoff, etc etc etc. I thought nothing of it. My pants were fitting a bit tighter but I didn't really care about that either. All I cared about was that I was getting a hell of alot bigger and a hell of alot stronger. I was still solid, so I didn't give a shit. I was very undisciplined in my eating, just making sure that I filled up with protein and got in my 500g for everyday, got down those carbs to *cough* 'satisfy'. That 'satisfy' meant quite a few buffets with 5-6 plate fulls stacked to the top, LOL. But ya gotta eat big to get big, right? Of course! But there IS a such thing as eating too much, even on this program. I think I stopped gaining fat at around 235 though, and when I got up to 250 I decided that I felt like SHIT. I was a 36" waist and was probably 17% bodyfat. Now that does not sound too bad, either. 17% and a 36" waist is not considered fat, but that didn't matter. All that mattered was how I felt. It didn't have anything to do with being self-conscious in front of other people, it had to do with my health.

So there I was, 250, strong, alot bigger than most 19 year olds that have been lifting the same amount of time. I didn't look fat and I honestly wasn't the definition of fat, but I felt it. But that didnt' matter anymore. I felt like shit because I didn't follow what Dante said about keeping bodyfat off. It's all my own fault.

You know, sometimes we like to think that we are invincible. That somehow we are special when compared to the average human being that doesn't train DC style. We are all guilty of this at some time or another. We don't like to go through reality checks about our own bodies and really sort things out. We just want to think that what we are doing is working and that we are doing the best thing possible for ourselves. But I am telling you right now, if you are part endo and you are not following Dante's advice on keeping bodyfat off, please start. Feeling fat does not feel too good. And when you don't feel good, you don't perform at your best. Feel good = look good = do good. Sure, some fat is certainly necessary for gaining mass. For me and most others I know, in the range of 11-14% bodyfat is the best range for muscle gains. Anything more than this is unnecessary IMO but if you don't feel uncomfortable going above 15% then by all means do it. All I'm saying is, before you do that, really think how you might feel if you start hitting those higher numbers towards 20%. You don't 'need' to get fat to build muscle. Sure, fuck abs and all that, but think about your health first. You know what I'm stuck doing right now? Cutting a few calories, eating clean, doing my cardio, cycling carbs and adhering to my carb cut off, an earlier one at that. You know what I'm NOT doing? I'm not bulking anymore. I feel like shit *but better from a cleaner diet* and I refuse to bulk anymore until I get down to a good bf percentage again. So I am taking my time out of gaining mass to get back down to 10-12% and start all over again, CLEAN THIS TIME *and no, not talking about gear LOL*. When I start back, it's going to be a relatively clean diet with a controlled cheat day once a week. Off-season cardio on off days, adhere to the carb cut off this time and a very strict limit on the junk food. I think it's imperative that I do this because I just don't have the metabolism to do it otherwise.

I just thought I'd let all you slightly endo people know about this before you go out thinking you can eat anything and everything you want on this program without getting fat. Some of you can, more of you can't. Listen, Dante has everything worked out and he presents it to us and it is our duty to follow it. LISTEN TO THE MAN. HE IS A GENIUS WITH THIS PROGRAM AND EVERYTHING WORKS IF YOU JUST FOLLOW IT. THIS MEANS THE MUSCLE GAINING PART AND KEEPING BODYFAT OFF. Maybe you can get away without doing cardio or maybe you need the extra carbs. I can't and I don't. Alot of you guys can't, either. Now I'm stuck with trimming back down when I could have followed everything to a T from the beginning and spend all this time training balls to the wall and gaining muscle like nothing else can make me.

Good luck, and this is just a learning experience so don't make the same mistakes I made.

Allen
    Damn that was a long ass post...

Great post bro! I sure will trying my best to keep things clean, because im also an endo
    TRAIN
    EAT
    SLEEP

DC STYLE!!!

www.trueprotein.com

Comment

I totally agree. When i started DC training. I was told, you gotta eat eat eat, and people said i wasnt taking in enough carbs, so i started stuffing my face. I thought i was gaining water weight but it was really fat.

I hate the way i feel at this point cause of the fat. I preferred being down at 8% and slowly bulking up. and nothing over 12%. i must be 15% or something like that right now.

Ive got myself cutting carbs a bit. So basically pre and post workout. Which means breakfast, a shake after workout, and then some carbs in a meal an hour after that.

Still working on fixing it. But having to up the intensity of the cardio just slightly. I'd rather be making slightly slower gains than looking like a fat ass. because having been fat all my life, it puts me in a depressed state when i look like that. which is not good for me.

So i agree allen. Gotta listen.

Comment

Nice Post and Well put. I think im part endo but im not really sure, i havent started with Dante Yet an i have been recording everything Calorie,fat,carb,protein wise and have been getting about 2800calories,60gfat,350gprotein and 250carbs..eating carbs late also...i havent added any weight besides the water from my post competition bloat amd cheat day but i also do offseason cardio and feels it helps..DO OFFSEASON CARDIO not every day but at least 3 i believe to stay lean if ur part or anypart endo.
        "I get my protein where top athletes and bodybuilders get
        theirs -Trueprotein.com" :dcchomp:

Comment

Good post, and I agree. Without cardio, the bodyfat just piles on me ... and I'm a young guy!

Also, by controlled cheat day, what do you imply by that?
          "I got rocks on my hands just like a dope fiend."

Comment

***puts down Krispy Kreme dounut and wipes face***

Thanks a lot, you just killed my appetite. Damn cardio and carb cut-offs..... :chair:

But seriously, great post. I need to remember that more often, as I'm an endo also. There are many days I've stared at the clock as it approches my carb cutoff time that I can be found in the fridge eating carbs or stealing my wifes bread off her plate while running through the house cursing DC for those last few minutes of carb eating bliss. The one thing that's saved me is the cardio. I haven't gained much fat at all, so the carb cutoffs and cardio work.

Okay, I feel better....now where did I put that last dounut...... :dcchomp:

R

Comment

I was in the same boat, didn't get a LOT fatter, but I gained enough over the summer to make me unhappy with my belly. Basically, I felt that it being summer, I was too busy for the cardio and I could get away with eating carbs late at night.

Now that I have started DC for my first blast TO THE 'T', I finally see what the carb cutting will do. I've gotten slight headaches from it and my stomach growls at me, but I think I just need to eat more protein and I'll be fine. Its going on week 1, and I already feel better about myself due to the off day cardio, and I can literally feel the fat coming off , unless I'm bloated from eating during the day haha.

Good luck in your quest, it is very hard to be strict about the cardio and carb cut off, but now that I see how important it is I will do whatever it takes, whatever the stakes, to do this the right way.
              23 years old, 6'3", 240lbs :showoff:

430 strapped deadlift
              255 belted squat for reps :fresty:
              225 incline BB :fresty:

GETTING THERE!

Comment

good post allen. cardio is always your friend. i get sluggish and lazy feeling if i dont do cardio.
                www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

i guess im one of the lucky one's. i actually have a fairly hard time gaining fat no matter what i eat
                  My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

Originally posted by heavy hitter
                    i guess im one of the lucky one's. i actually have a fairly hard time gaining fat no matter what i eat
                    That's because your still pretty young. I used to be the same way. Now that I'm 31, I gotta be pretty careful or it'll creep on.
                    CrossFit Champions
                    Champions Combat Arts

Comment

true true
                      My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

true true

Wwwwhhaaaaaazzzzzuuuuuuuuuuppp?

Just chillin. Drinkin a bud. :o
                        CrossFit Champions
                        Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Last edited by Massive G; 10-17-2005, 02:54 PM.
                          Massive G
                          Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

F**k you, ok, damn punks, lol...
                            "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

oh dont get your britches in a bundle big guy

Comment

Working...
                              X