• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dusty Hanshaw Hits Legs with Derik Farnsworth at Metroflex - Phoenix

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQLKql4A2gk[/YOUTUBE]

-S
    The Book Has Arrived!
    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Nice vid brutha!

Can't wait to get there and train soon!

-DH
    www.toopumped.net
    7 X IFBB champion

"Do something productive, instead of talking about those that are"
    -DH

Comment

Nice work Dusty. Looks like a great place to train.
      For real though, somebody has to teach you how to wrap your knees, for crissake. Start in the middle of your knee with your leg straight. Go one revolution high, then one low, then one middle and repeat, crossing in the front. On your set, the wrap is only on the top and bottom of your knee, thereby not helping at all. Dollar to a donut says that is why your gastroc was all f'ed up as well...the wraps are just pinching the shit out of your calves that way.
      Again, really cool stuff. It is refreshing that you are so down to Earth and not trying to be anything other than you...that is why so many people like you and root for you.

Hers a link about proper wrapping...I like the last method. I figure since you are so spot on with everything that you do, you would want EVERY detail covered..
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCfruLGBv-0
      2008 WABDL World Bench Press Champioships, 2nd place 275lb submaster division state record bench press
      2001 WABDL World Record Breaker Bench Press Championships 1st place 275lb class
      2000 USPF Regional Championships 1st place 275lb division
      1999 USPF NorthWest Reigional Championships 1st place, 275lb division
      1998 USAPL State Championships 1st place 275lb division
      1997 AAU State Championships 1st place 275lb division
      1997 USPF State Championships 1st place 275lb division
      + more

Comment

Love this stuff, keep em' comin'!
        Max Muscle
        5020 Katella Ave.
        Los Alamitos, CA 90720
        www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Man, it seems that moving that ton of weight up and down was not that hard for Dusty.

Comment

Awesome. Awesome gym as well (seriously jelly for that gym)

I purchased a pair of vibrams about 1.5 months ago - love them to death. Great in the gym.

Keep pushin' Dusty - can't wait to see your comp.

Comment

Thanks for sharing Dusty and Homon
              "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
              Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
              'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
              ~William Bernbach

Comment

Originally posted by LearningDC View Post
                Nice work Dusty. Looks like a great place to train.
                For real though, somebody has to teach you how to wrap your knees, for crissake. Start in the middle of your knee with your leg straight. Go one revolution high, then one low, then one middle and repeat, crossing in the front. On your set, the wrap is only on the top and bottom of your knee, thereby not helping at all. Dollar to a donut says that is why your gastroc was all f'ed up as well...the wraps are just pinching the shit out of your calves that way.
                Again, really cool stuff. It is refreshing that you are so down to Earth and not trying to be anything other than you...that is why so many people like you and root for you.

Hers a link about proper wrapping...I like the last method. I figure since you are so spot on with everything that you do, you would want EVERY detail covered..
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCfruLGBv-0
                Actually my Dr told me to NEVER go directly over the knee as that would cause two bones to be forced together and grind...PLUS...I don't want help from knee wraps...I move the weight and just use them for stability. In all honesty though I do know their are 1000 ways that powerlifters wrap to increase power but you have to remember that I train in the high rep range and rarely go over 600lbs so the wraps are more mental than anything.
                TRUE PROTEIN SPONSORED ATHLETE

Proud to be an IForce Nutrition Sponsored Athlete

Become a Fan on facebook to follow my progress http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/dustyhanshaw?ref=ts

www.dustyhanshaw.com

Comment

Originally posted by dusty hanshaw View Post
                  Actually my Dr told me to NEVER go directly over the knee as that would cause two bones to be forced together and grind...PLUS...I don't want help from knee wraps...I move the weight and just use them for stability. In all honesty though I do know their are 1000 ways that powerlifters wrap to increase power but you have to remember that I train in the high rep range and rarely go over 600lbs so the wraps are more mental than anything.
                  I understand, but wrapping isn't always for power....it is for safety also. Also, the same "shearing forces" that some docs attribute to wrapping over the knee are about 1000 fold by the force that the quadriceps pulls on the patella when squatting. Also, how many docs would tell you to.squat over 600the lbs? Lol. I am sure that you have a good relationship with your doc.
                  With your wraps, I am more concerned with how they roll and pinch the back of your calves.
                  I also completely understand the mental aspect of wrapping though...even if they aren't doing really anything. Just the pattern of wrapping before you squat is part of the "readying" process.
                  Either way, just trying to help a brother out. You might want to look into the Tommy Kono sleeves...very equal distribution and feel like a light wrap. Keep on keeping on kid.
                  Last edited by LearningDC; 09-08-2011, 12:27 PM.
                  2008 WABDL World Bench Press Champioships, 2nd place 275lb submaster division state record bench press
                  2001 WABDL World Record Breaker Bench Press Championships 1st place 275lb class
                  2000 USPF Regional Championships 1st place 275lb division
                  1999 USPF NorthWest Reigional Championships 1st place, 275lb division
                  1998 USAPL State Championships 1st place 275lb division
                  1997 AAU State Championships 1st place 275lb division
                  1997 USPF State Championships 1st place 275lb division
                  + more

Comment

Gotta love the manta ray Derik uses for his set in this vid. Keeps the bar right where I like it.
                    :kewlpics:You are correct, Dante did in fact take my avatar pic. lol

Comment

Very impressive work ethics !! Great depth and pace !!

Looks like you didn't have too much trouble breathing either !
                      True Protein 5% discount code: JVM902

What we do in life... echoes in eternity !

Comment

Hey Dusty, take that X5 to the dealer and have them replace the steering wheel controls for "poor finish". It's covered under warranty.

Comment

Working...
                        X