dumbell presses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dumbell presses

i did dumbell presses with rest pause for the 1st time in my life. i got 9 reps rp then only 2 hard reps rp then 1 hard ass rep. is it normal to struggle so much after only 1 rp set. should i lighten the weight to be able to do more reps after after my 1st rp or just bust my ass next time and try to get more reps next out. the weird thing is that my shoulders were killing me (in a good way) after that set.

I think you need to lighten up the weight a little more and try for 15RP + if you're going to use DBs. Were you doing partials at the end of your mini sets? If you were, let's not do any partials, that will take away from the other two mini sets.

Comment

As you can see rest pausing DB's can be very tough which is why DC recommends RP'ing them in a higher rep range 15-30RP.....Even going with the higher reps it's difficult kicking those bells up for that final RP 'set' IMO
      Massive G
      Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

:iagree:

the new smilies rock:
        party

btw. Welcome back FH how's Diesel?
        Never forget to lock your fridge! The INHUMAN one is near!

Comment

Are you talking about DB Inclines or DB Military?

I find RPing Incline DB Presses is pretty much OK because I can sling the db's into place with my knees.
          But, RPing Seated DB Military Presses is just to much of a headache. For those I just straight set for a brutal 12-15.
          CrossFit Champions
          Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Oh man, seated DB presses are the worst, LOL. I can usually clean one to shoulder height, but I always need the other handed to me. One day I saw this guy doing Inclines *high ass Incline, might as well have been seated presses*, and he cleaned the DBs just fine but when he did, his bench started drifting a little and sure enough he ended up on the floor, LOLOL. I laughed like hell after the guy got up and was fine and started laughing, but needless to say...I almost did the same thing two days later, LOL.
            Last edited by USMuscle9403; 08-26-2004, 01:12 AM.

Comment

bro just my opinion here but rest pausing on DB presses is just asking for it.... Don't be shocked if you get hurt doing this. DB's are very hard to keep stable especially at that point of exhaustion you will be taking them to and one wrong move can result in you being totally fucked up, not to mention the fact you need a very trust worthy spotter.
              I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

to clear things up it is db military press with no partials. so i deafinitly need to lighten the weight up is what you guys are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Grammostola
                  :iagree:

the new smilies rock:
                  party

btw. Welcome back FH how's Diesel?
                  Awesome Grammostola.Thanks for asking.I'll post some new pics of Diesel as soon as I download my camera software on my new pc including the pic of what's left of my couch after I left him unsupervised for 10 minutes the other day.He ate the damn thing....amazing ...LOL

This one is TeamDC I guess right? party
                  Massive G
                  Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

So nobody is rest pausing dumbbell chest presses?

Personally I get nothing from barbell presses. Never sore. Never pumped. Nothing.

But when I do dumbbells I get pumped, sore, the whole nine.

Rest pausing them is truly a bitch especially with declines.

It is really friggin scary getting into position for those 2 RP sets.

I don't wanna stop RP'ing these things because I am getting good results. My chest is growing dammit!

I'm the only one doing these things? I guess the only safe way is to get 2 guys to hang around while you count to 15 and hand the friggin things to you.

Comment

I'm with bigp3. I could not do a r/p w/ db's on anything for chest or delts. i use the smythe or a hammer piece and get great results. risk factor as stated is what I look at, less w/ machines w/ this program IMO!

TH
                      For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Comment

You can RP anything you put your mind to, and yes when you get heavy on the workets you will need some help from someone. Just re-racking the DBs takes to much out of the workset.

If you ain't getting nothing from BBs then you ain't working hard enough or your form ain't right, plain and simple...
                        "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

i tool peoples advice and lightened by 5 pounds per dumbell and got over 20 rp and it worked really well. i guess we will have to see what the physical results yealed it time

Comment

Originally posted by oldfart
                            So nobody is rest pausing dumbbell chest presses?

Personally I get nothing from barbell presses. Never sore. Never pumped. Nothing.

But when I do dumbbells I get pumped, sore, the whole nine.

Rest pausing them is truly a bitch especially with declines.

It is really friggin scary getting into position for those 2 RP sets.

I don't wanna stop RP'ing these things because I am getting good results. My chest is growing dammit!

I'm the only one doing these things? I guess the only safe way is to get 2 guys to hang around while you count to 15 and hand the friggin things to you.

If you want to do RP's with dumbells and you don't have a spotter you might be able to pick up a pair of Power Hooks. They snap on the db and then hang from a barbell. You should be able to find them doing a internet search.

Comment

Originally posted by mark mcgwire
                              If you want to do RP's with dumbells and you don't have a spotter you might be able to pick up a pair of Power Hooks. They snap on the db and then hang from a barbell. You should be able to find them doing a internet search.
                              Ok I finally tried these damn things the other day, what a pain in the ass, I only had 150s on them took them of the Smythe bar did 11 reps Incline Press and no god damn way they were going back on that bar, I had to set them down, pick each one up hang it, and re-set, a waste of good energy, I was so pissed on the last part of the RP set I just took them off the rack got um set and did 5 more, sorry but they were no good for me.

I told the owner to toss them and get me some 100 lb plates dammit...
                              "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Working...
                              X