X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lagging arms on,dc

Well title sayz it all
    Im on a dc program train the three days cardio eod
    Im getting big results but still lacking the arms, how do,u,guys compensate for that.
    Ive added more sets and morr reps ?maybey change the exersize? I dunno ,lokke to,hear what other ppl do for lagging parts

How much do you weigh, how tall are you, how old are you, what's your body fat pecentage
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

Comment

Define "lagging" for me. Do you just want them bigger? How tall are you and what do you weigh? If you're sub 200lbs at 5'8 or taller your not going to have 20 or even 18" guns most likely.

If you keep progressing on your exercises and eat your way up, your arms will grow.
      Heavy squats fix everything.

Comment

This may not be what you want to hear, I'm in my mid thirties and been hitting it for years. I have been happy with everything but arms for a long time. Enter DC a few yrs ago and saw immediate improvement. Took myself at 5"8 to 250lbs to get to 19 inch arms. Dieting down currently about 230lbs and arms are staying the same so happy.

Did not ever add any exercises and after much deliberation and alot of reading on other sites and some posts on this site by some respectable people I actuallyd remove specific arm movements on D2. Instead I thought it out and ended up with thinking about Bi's and forearms just like Tri's ie doing a compound movement on D1 for arms. So after chins and rows or similar I have added in a pulldowns or palms reversed row and dropped the weight a little, upped the reps and focused on bi's and also of forearms. This came after failing to recover on arms between D1 and D2.

Also mentioned in another thread that a mate with great arms does only compound back movements. The end result was arm and back progression.

EDIT: Just saw this was in the dog pound and not the puppy, If I overstepped then happy for a mod to delete.

I don't know your age but just remember that for some of us who are not gifted this stuff takes years.

I would no longer claim to do strict DC of course. I hope that when I am happy with my fat % I can eat more and might be able to try the right split again.
        "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
        Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
        'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
        ~William Bernbach

Comment

I don't think this would translate for DC and since I'm not a "DC approved Trainer" I'm not going to offer a way to use this in a DC routine, but the following helped me bring up my arms. I was up to a 45 and a 25 lb plate for pullups, but my back is my strength and my arms were a little behind so I've began an experiment with doing Softball Pullups. Basically I drilled a hole through two softballs, put a bolt with a round piece at the bottom and attached that to a chain that I put in the pull up rack. Like I said I'm not going to offer a way to do this for DC, because my experiment involved straight sets and this might be a little much if you are still doing r/p for biceps. I think this helped because my bicep routine did not involve training to failure and it was on a separate day from back.

Another note, which someone mentioned above, some of the best routines, especially if you are not advanced, involve backing off on direct arm work and instead concentrating on compound movements.

Finally, I saw where someone asked about your bodyfat percentage. This is important as well. If your bf is too high you may not realize you have great arms. Mine didn't look good at all until I got into competition shape.
          1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
          2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
          2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
          2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
          2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
          2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
          Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=14401
            "You can't be the fastest or the strongest but you can always work the hardest." - Jim Wendler

"Failing is nothing more than inexperience" - Jim Wendler

"You won't have to rotate squats and deadlifts, but do them both and thus get more fucking awesome every week" - cooltom

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
              How much do you weigh, how tall are you, how old are you, what's your body fat pecentage
              Ditto and please post pics. Arms in particular (for guys) lend themselves well to muscle dysmorphic subjectivity.

("Sammich, do my arms look small in this T-shirt?..." )

-S
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
              2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
              2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

I forgot about that one. Great Post. It sort of backs up my idea of using a back exercise that uses more bicep.

Truenutrition.com
                Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

I'm going to go ahead and jump the gun here. Judging by your spelling and grammar (or lack thereof), you're very young and probably not that experienced.

Your arms aren't lagging, you're just small all over.

Want to bring up your arms? Add 100-200 pounds on your squat and deadlift, eat 350g of protein a day, and slam carbs.
                  kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                    I'm going to go ahead and jump the gun here. Judging by your spelling and grammar (or lack thereof), you're very young and probably not that experienced.

Your arms aren't lagging, you're just small all over.

Want to bring up your arms? Add 100-200 pounds on your squat and deadlift, eat 350g of protein a day, and slam carbs.
                    If Sammich is right x2

Truenutrition.com
                    Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                      Ditto and please post pics. Arms in particular (for guys) lend themselves well to muscle dysmorphic subjectivity.

("Sammich, do my arms look small in this T-shirt?..." )

-S
                      Did you ever see the guys that tie the sleeves of their tshirt to make arms look bigger ?
                      "An egg yolk is a terrible thing to waste"
                      J.M.

Comment

Originally posted by bouncer dave View Post
                        Did you ever see the guys that tie the sleeves of their tshirt to make arms look bigger ?
                        DUDE, I told you not to give away my secret!
                        kind of a douche

Comment

Bro just get XS sized shirts and you'll look EXTRA SWOLE, don't even need to tie the sleeves!
                          Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Working...
                          X