Some reading if you want

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some reading if you want

Do you know what I especially like? When you count up all the warmup and work sets for chest and triceps. the volume guys will yell 11 sets for chest, thats volume! the HIT buy will yell 3 sets for chest...thats HIT!

It is what it is.....LOL

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...e_skin;content
    Last edited by Doggcrapp; 08-07-2011, 11:26 PM.
    @dante_trudel

thanks mate. Great read.

Comment

Very cool Dante. Thanks mang.
      2008 WABDL World Bench Press Champioships, 2nd place 275lb submaster division state record bench press
      2001 WABDL World Record Breaker Bench Press Championships 1st place 275lb class
      2000 USPF Regional Championships 1st place 275lb division
      1999 USPF NorthWest Reigional Championships 1st place, 275lb division
      1998 USAPL State Championships 1st place 275lb division
      1997 AAU State Championships 1st place 275lb division
      1997 USPF State Championships 1st place 275lb division
      + more

Comment

Thanks for the good read!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcrapp View Post
          Do you know what I especially like? When you count up all the warmup and work sets for chest and triceps. the volume guys will yell 11 sets for chest, thats volume! the HIT buy will yell 3 sets for chest...thats HIT!

It is what it is.....LOL

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...e_skin;content
          It's been a while since I did a DC routine, but I don't remember any sort of stabilization work around the shoulder. I'm curious how you keep the shoulders healthy, avoid common upper body dysfunctions, and/or maintain balance (functional balance around a joint, not aesthetic bb'ing balance) with so much pressing. I'm sure you have a well thought out concept, I've just don't recall ever reading about it so I'm curious.

Comment

I kind of work on that situation if problems arise in a person with the various rot cuff exercises....but to be honest....its been rare....really rare.
            @dante_trudel

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcrapp View Post
              I kind of work on that situation if problems arise in a person with the various rot cuff exercises....but to be honest....its been rare....really rare.
              I am so envious! If I didn't spend just as much time on (humeral) external rotation and all kinds of scapular depression and retraction work I'd be a mess.

Comment

I actually started doing DC after recovering from a shoulder injury and the deeper I got into it the better my shoulder felt. Go figure... I was also doing Dante's Famed shoulder stretch with the broomstick. That one made a world of difference.

Thanks for the reading Dante!
                Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by Knickerbocker24 View Post
                  I am so envious! If I didn't spend just as much time on (humeral) external rotation and all kinds of scapular depression and retraction work I'd be a mess.
                  You know, the pressing and pulling are actually very balanced in the DC protocol. I think that is why problems don't arise that often as far as structural inbalances go. Most traditional BBing routines are VERY press heavy in comparison. I really think that the extreme stretching plays a role in this also.
                  2008 WABDL World Bench Press Champioships, 2nd place 275lb submaster division state record bench press
                  + more

Comment

Originally posted by LearningDC View Post
                    You know, the pressing and pulling are actually very balanced in the DC protocol. I think that is why problems don't arise that often as far as structural inbalances go. Most traditional BBing routines are VERY press heavy in comparison. I really think that the extreme stretching plays a role in this also.
                    You're right on that, but the internal/external rotation aren't really unless you're doing extra external rotation work. Also, when I followed a traditional bb'ing program my scapular elevators got very tight/short and were out of whack with my depressors. So, for the me, the balance around the shoulder has to be 3 fold, 1)humeral internal/external rotation, 2)scapular protraction/retraction, & 3)scapular elevation/depression if you want train long term without developing issues. But, everyone may not have sensitive shoulders as I do from years of playing baseball.

Comment

what split was that? Ive never seen it just Chest and triceps and with more than one exercise.
                      PAIN IS TEMPORARY, GREATNESS IS FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy24 View Post
                        what split was that? Ive never seen it just Chest and triceps and with more than one exercise.
                        It's not a typical DC split, it's just part of what Dante is doing with Dusty.
                        Great article though, you can see how he modifies things for the advanced guys.
                        Heavy squats fix everything.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                          It's not a typical DC split, it's just part of what Dante is doing with Dusty.
                          Great article though, you can see how he modifies things for the advanced guys.
                          Def. a great article. Im sure once u get to Dustys level it becomes time to split things up..Traditional DC has been rocin for me
                          PAIN IS TEMPORARY, GREATNESS IS FOREVER

Comment

good article. We should make it a point to let the new guys know that the routine outline in the article is for the advanced. I'm back to doing the 2 day traditional type of split with DC and love it.
                            Its not the size of the hammer, its the size of the man holding the hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Knickerbocker24 View Post
                              You're right on that, but the internal/external rotation aren't really unless you're doing extra external rotation work. Also, when I followed a traditional bb'ing program my scapular elevators got very tight/short and were out of whack with my depressors. So, for the me, the balance around the shoulder has to be 3 fold, 1)humeral internal/external rotation, 2)scapular protraction/retraction, & 3)scapular elevation/depression if you want train long term without developing issues. But, everyone may not have sensitive shoulders as I do from years of playing baseball.
                              Lol. I almost included "without prior imbalances". I think that most of our external/internal rotator imbalances could be staved off with a time machine
                              + more

Comment

Working...
                              X