Bent over rows on smythe machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bent over rows on smythe machine?

I just can't get a good feeling for this excercise. To me it's very ackward...and I don't feel a very good burn in my back. Any advice?

I'm thinking of switching to cable rows or regular rows...
    Bigger, Faster, Stronger

Admin @ http://www.extrememuscle.co.nr - Come check out my board if ya get a chance!

use less weight with perfect form, trust me you will feel it...
    TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

Comment

why do you do bent over rows on the smyth machine, I'm curious as I've never seen anyone or heard of anyone do them like this.
      Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

I'd just do regular rows with a barbell. Either with the traditional overhand grip, or Yates style (with an underhand grip and the torso held fairly upright).

Comment

simple answer is change exercises if its not being productive for you or you just cant get the hang of it---your job is to find exercises that you can safely do that are productive and then BEAT THEM INTO THE GROUND with weight progression
          @dante_trudel

Comment

Originally posted by U-Hulk
            I'd just do regular rows with a barbell. Either with the traditional overhand grip, or Yates style (with an underhand grip and the torso held fairly upright).
            Yates gave up the underhand grip due to a bicep tear, and Dante awhile back suggested not using underhand grip on heavy rows or deads as well.
            I would stick to an overhand grip for rows.

But I agree with Dante, he know best!

Training should be fun bro.

Comment

Originally posted by BiggerStronger
              I just can't get a good feeling for this excercise. To me it's very ackward...and I don't feel a very good burn in my back. Any advice?

This was told to me by a guy who calls himself "Doggcrapp". (what a silly name huh)

Move your feet close to the bar so that you almost fall back unless you hold the bar. Now set the guides to below your knee and pull into your lower rib while simutaneously moving your upper body around 6-10" at the top. Good form, so shoulders back chest out. I do these as one of my excersises, and they burn the hell out of my back on the last few reps.

R

Comment

Originally posted by xRAJAx
                This was told to me by a guy who calls himself "Doggcrapp". (what a silly name huh)

Move your feet close to the bar so that you almost fall back unless you hold the bar. Now set the guides to below your knee and pull into your lower rib while simutaneously moving your upper body around 6-10" at the top. Good form, so shoulders back chest out. I do these as one of my excersises, and they burn the hell out of my back on the last few reps.

R
                I do those as well, they are great...
                "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Originally posted by Creator_11
                  why do you do bent over rows on the smyth machine, I'm curious as I've never seen anyone or heard of anyone do them like this.
                  i always use the smyth machine for mine. i have a really bad back and i like the added stability of the machine. dont want to make it any worse than i have to
                  My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

Originally posted by heavy hitter
                    i always use the smyth machine for mine. i have a really bad back and i like the added stability of the machine. dont want to make it any worse than i have to
                    Hmm thanks, I'm doing a cruise right now so it the perfect time for me to try them out and see how they feel.

Comment

i like em, but if you try to go to heavy, you lose the feel of it in your back.
                      My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

These were recommened to me a few weeks ago but I haven't tried them out yet

What rep range is everyone using on these? With BB Rows it's really hard for me to maintain form after like 10 reps...

Comment

Originally posted by InTraining
                          These were recommened to me a few weeks ago but I haven't tried them out yet

What rep range is everyone using on these? With BB Rows it's really hard for me to maintain form after like 10 reps...

I usually warm up and then hit one straight set for 10-12.

R

Comment

Originally posted by BiggerStronger

BS'r - I used to do these in the Smith as well, but I used to get inside the Smith and do them facing out. I'd stand on a box or a low flat bench and used a weight that allowed me to keep good form.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys!

It's not that I can't do it the way that it's suggested but I feel ackward during the whole lift...like I'm slightly off balance...and also on the smythe machine I can't move more than 6" because my range of motion seems limited.

I'll try it from the inside of the rack to see if it helps.
                              Bigger, Faster, Stronger

Admin @ http://www.extrememuscle.co.nr - Come check out my board if ya get a chance!

Comment

Working...
                              X