DC 2way vs DY HIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC 2way vs DY HIT

Pros/cons of each? does the lesser frequency of DY style HIT make it not as effective as DC? or would the slightly higher volume compensate that? discuss...

Either will work but IMO DC has a better set up.
    Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Thanks. Have tried DC before when most would say i wasnt ready for it and made good gains, although looking back i agree i wasn't ready for it. Some say teenagers are too young etc which i can understand ( 19) and to build a 'decent' strength base, will be training 4years come 2012 and currently rep 600 deadlifts, 500 squats and 300 inclines, would u recomend im ready to try it 'properly' now?

Comment

Originally posted by connieroleman View Post
        Thanks. Have tried DC before when most would say i wasnt ready for it and made good gains, although looking back i agree i wasn't ready for it. Some say teenagers are too young etc which i can understand ( 19) and to build a 'decent' strength base, will be training 4years come 2012 and currently rep 600 deadlifts, 500 squats and 300 inclines, would u recomend im ready to try it 'properly' now?
        That you babyslayer?

Comment

no, hes much stronger than me,

Comment

If you are uncertain (which it sounds like you are) then do DY's routine.
            "This sport is about extremes - using weights you havent used previously, taking in amounts of food to build greater muscle mass-in amounts you never have done previously, & doing the cardio to keep you at an acceptable offseason training bodyfat that keeps you happy." Dante

For supplements, visit http://www.trueprotein.com & use this
            DISCOUNT CODE - THA778
            for a 5% Discount
            :wavey:

Comment

The only way to tell is to do a few workouts of each. Maybe during a cruise just to feel things out for each. I just cannot seem to stray from DC. My strength is excellent and I love the scheme of things. Nothing like the dreaded stretch after a 20 rep hack squat!

Comment

@BDU- im not uncertain, iv done DC before and know it works, and am probably gonna start again, feel more prepared both physically and mentally than last time

@tommy- don't remind me about those stretches, ugh

Comment

What sort of Yates inspired split were you thinking of? I used something like this once and it was pretty good:

Chest+arms
                  Legs
                  Off
                  Delts/back
                  Off
                  Repeat (off if necessary)
                  Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

I was thinking of push pull legs training four times a week, thinking about it sounds like dc3way..

Comment

Originally posted by Carlito Gambino View Post
                      What sort of Yates inspired split were you thinking of? I used something like this once and it was pretty good:

Chest+arms
                      Legs
                      Off
                      Delts/back
                      Off
                      Repeat (off if necessary)
                      The 'official' Blood and Guts split is:

Chest/biceps
                      Legs
                      Off
                      Delts/triceps
                      Off
                      Back
                      Off

Comment

Originally posted by connieroleman View Post
                        I honestly can't see how you are moving that type of weight for reps, yet you are asking for approval to do DC....and you seem like you are unsure of how you SHOULD be training.....If you seriously are hitting those numbers, then why would you change anything about what you are doing NOW, cause it's obvious that something is working....just my opinion....
                        STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post

Chest/biceps
                          Legs
                          Off
                          Delts/triceps
                          Off
                          Back
                          Off
                          Ah, yes, that was it. I like that set up as well. Usually gives you a day in between sessions and the right amount of frequency.

Comment

you cant go wrong with either program....the basics of both are high intensity, low volume, and beating a log book

the one thing i would always keep in my workouts no matter what program you're doing is extreme stretching after training each bodypart

Comment

Thats my spilt exactly and I love it. Only thing is that I do hams with back and quads with calves only. The split gives the upperbody the rest it needs between workouts so there never is 2 days straight of upper.
                              Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post

Chest/biceps
                              Legs
                              Off
                              Delts/triceps
                              Off
                              Back
                              Off
                              Carlos Rodriguez
                              IFBB Pro League BBer
                              IFBB Pro League Judge
                              NPC National Judge
                              As iron sharpens iron so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. Prov 27:17
                              www.facebook.com/PastorPump

Comment

Working...
                              X