leverage squat machine part of leg rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leverage squat machine part of leg rotation

hey guys just wondering if any of you use the leverage squat machine. my gym is geting bodysolid brand leverage squat and calf raise machine. supposedly you can load upto 1000 lb on this machine. just wondering if any of you have worked it into your leg rotation and how you are finding it?? does it compare to a free bar squat in terms of feel and amount of weight u can use?? how have u guys found it for quad size??
    thanks guys train hard

This?

If so, I saw one in a training video one time, and the guys were big. This was a long time ago and I don't remember who it was. Your best bet is to just try it; machines can feel drastically different from one person to another.

http://www.bodysolid.com/Images/Prod...0/600/516l.jpg

Comment

^very similar to the machine I dislocated my thumb on. Gave me flashbacks just seeing that.
      Wanna save 5% on your trueprotein orders? Use my code! CTN001

Comment

yep thats the one. will have the chance to try it in a few weeks. seems it would lend itself well to dc training as one can get quite progressive on it.

Comment

I use the hammer v squats. works well , just a bit awkward on the bottom part..kind of roll your back..
          "An egg yolk is a terrible thing to waste"
          J.M.

Comment

The one in my gym cant fit many plates on it, if its the same one in that pic, looks like you cant fit more than 5 plates per side.

Comment

Originally posted by flamez View Post
              The one in my gym cant fit many plates on it, if its the same one in that pic, looks like you cant fit more than 5 plates per side.
              on the hammer you can fit 7 . and I use a chain to add some.
              J.M.

Comment

Originally posted by bouncer dave View Post
                on the hammer you can fit 7 . and I use a chain to add some.
                On some, if you slide the rubber washers on inside of the posts off before loading weight, you can make room for an 8th. (Seems like it depends on the year it was made, I think.)

A loaded EZ bar fits nicely on those as well for added weight.

-S
                The Book Has Arrived!
                The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

I've never tried it, but that thing looks like a lower back nightmare. Wouldn't you roll forward quite a bit at the bottom?

Comment

Originally posted by bouncer dave View Post
                    I use the hammer v squats. works well , just a bit awkward on the bottom part..kind of roll your back..
                    Try facing the machine. I saw Shelby do it in some training vid and I like it much better.

Comment

Those squat machines always kill my knees, like my femur is going to tear off my lower leg and just keep going forward.
                      2010 NPC North Star

Comment

My experience on one of the leverage machines didnt feel good at all due to the arc you have to follow. You can take it nice and deep though. Also only needed about half the weight compared to a normal BB squat.
                        :kewlpics:You are correct, Dante did in fact take my avatar pic. lol

Comment

thanks for the replies guys. will give it a go once its set up.

Comment

Originally posted by 5spotbullseye View Post
                            I've never tried it, but that thing looks like a lower back nightmare. Wouldn't you roll forward quite a bit at the bottom?
                            you just have to stop short of that point. so all you can get is just breaking parallel.
                            J.M.

Comment

It also depends on your height. A taller guy might have more issues with it, but I'm short and get a full range of motion. My only problem is that I maxed out on weight on the machine. I couldn't fit any more plates on it after a while. I am pretty strong on legs (500 lb squat), but I still seemed to max out fairly quickly on this. I would say that for most people it's a decent machine though and I go back to it from time to time.

Currently I use it for my "Power" Day. I will do a set of strict heavy BB shoulder presses (5 reps), then superset that with this machine where I will throw the weight up and catch it for 10 reps. For legs I will superset a heavy squat (5 reps) with 10 jumps using this machine.
                              1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
                              2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
                              2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
                              2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
                              2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
                              2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
                              Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Working...
                              X