Leg Recovery on 2-way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leg Recovery on 2-way

I have searched for this and have not found an answer... if I missed something sorry everyone. I am having trouble with the 2-way split because my legs take so long to recover. My legs are my biggest/strongest body part, but they just take so damn long to recover... Other than my legs I feel as though the 2-way split is what I need. I am dieting, but not super lean so I don't think it's time for the 3-way. If anyone has any suggestions, please hit me up with some. my squat has decreased since I started my DC blasts. l was doing more of a powerlifting format, so I expected that...

You are still sore the next time around?
    :kewlpics:You are correct, Dante did in fact take my avatar pic. lol

Comment

Yes, after hitting legs I am sore up to a week... crazy, right? I mean I have been lifting for 8 years... My squat was up around 605... so they are pretty developed, but they just take forever to recover.

Comment

How many weeks have you been 2-waying and having this problem? If it's only the first couple of weeks, I'd say reevaluate what you're doing for recovery (and what you're doing outside the gym to hurt recovery) but keep plugging along. It takes time for your body to get used to a new style of training.

Other than the obvious (sleep, diet, stress levels)... Personally for me, when DCing or training hard in general, you have to be proactive with your recovery. Sometimes sleeping and eating isn't enough. After you've checked your sleeping habits and diet, look into active recovery, foam rolling, extra stretching, contrast showers and even stuff like meditation/extra relaxation time to just give your mind a break. Maybe even look into recovery supps like TP's sleep aid/melatonin/herbal stuff.

If you're DCing, you really do have to make an effort to go 110% inside the gym and -10% outside the gym...if that makes sense. This isn't to say that I'd just be complete waste of life unless I was working out, but I'd try to maybe get some naps in here and there, be economical with my movement (lol) and you definitely wouldn't see me playing pick-up basketball the day before my squat day.

Little things here and there can add up and really help you recover.

My 2 cents
        True Protein Discount Code: AWC155

Comment

Thanks AChoi... Very good information. Ya this is about my 4th week after running a little 5/3/1. I will def. try to improve myself outside the gym. Personally, that stuff is way harder for me than actually being in the gym!!! and is that you in your avatar? look like a beast bro

Comment

The only time I have been sore for more than a week is when I tried that all day arm workout on a muscletech DVD I have. It was more like an ache than anything. I would like to hear what Dante or Homon has to say about this. Maybe drop the widow maker since I have read Dante uses these to bring up a lagging body part. With a squat at 605 I doubt your wheels are lagging. AChoi already hit on diet and rest.
            :kewlpics:You are correct, Dante did in fact take my avatar pic. lol

Comment

Rip2009, if you still find yourself having this delimma after the above suggestions it would be ok to incorperate an additional leg day off once a month on a friday or monday.

This would give you 4 days off and should fix the problem. After, you should find yourself ready to hit it hard again. Dante has suggested the above on several posts and I have used this with great results on the 2-way split.

Remember you are working bodyparts twice as often as the main steam so a day off here and there won't kill you. You have to get out of the all or nothing thought process. Good luck.

Comment

Everyone, great suggestions.. I appreciate all the advice... I will work on my out-of-gym recovery and also throw in an off day if need be. Glad everyone was willing to offer suggestions!

Comment

how about you just drop the widow maker??..or conversely ...just do a widow maker..
                  A girl walks up to me and says" My God you're good looking!"
                  ME " I know"
                  Her"WHAT!"
                  Me " I know I am good looking"
                  Her" You're also and asshole"
                  ME " I know that too!"

Comment

Originally posted by rip2009 View Post
                    I have searched for this and have not found an answer... if I missed something sorry everyone. I am having trouble with the 2-way split because my legs take so long to recover. My legs are my biggest/strongest body part, but they just take so damn long to recover... Other than my legs I feel as though the 2-way split is what I need. I am dieting, but not super lean so I don't think it's time for the 3-way. If anyone has any suggestions, please hit me up with some. my squat has decreased since I started my DC blasts. l was doing more of a powerlifting format, so I expected that...
                    The bolded above is what's jumping out at me.

Did you go from the powerlifting routine and then start your diet and DC at the same time?...

-Scott
                    The Book Has Arrived!
                    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

BUmp

-S
                      The Book Has Arrived!
                      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Sorry, didn't see your post. Well, I had about 3 weeks of dieting before starting DC. Those weeks were like a transition. I did 2 upper body days and 1 lower body day

Comment

Originally posted by rip2009 View Post
                          Sorry, didn't see your post. Well, I had about 3 weeks of dieting before starting DC. Those weeks were like a transition. I did 2 upper body days and 1 lower body day
                          No worries.

I think this was the main problem. You hadn't adapted / adjusted to DC under normal dietary circumstances so any difficult adjusting was exacerbated by the diet.

(This goes back to the Dance with the One who Brung Ya Principle.) I Bet you would have done better with your old program, or something with a much closer resemblance to that.)

How goes it now?...

-S
                          The Book Has Arrived!
                          The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

It's getting better... I had a better squat day last time. You think I should go back to what I was doing before?

I had 2 upper body days and 1 lower body day.

I would hit chest, shoulders, back, and arms on both days. One day would have more chest and back focus. The other day would have more shoulders and arms focus

Comment

I will also be working with skip soon, so he should get me straightened out

Comment

Working...
                              X