eating close to a workout????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eating close to a workout????

hey guys I have took a year from competing to force feed myself for more growth.i have been doing alot more of eating in the last two months. So I have thrown up a lot more during training session. My question is how long to you guys give your self to digest before hitting the weights? I threw up monday in the middle of my set of deadlifts, it wasn't alot but am I the only one with this problem? I usually wait about and hour before I hit the gym after eating. Perhaps I should tone down the food pre workout
    life is a battle at every front, training is a war I fight to win- Lee priest (I think)

Nothing great comes without sacrifice- Oscar Ardon

True Protein get the best supplements WWW.trueprotein.com
    want a discount? enter code:WAN585 for 5% to 10% off

I used to have same problem when I ate to close now i eat 2 hours before workouts so i can have sups and not puke.

Comment

The last real meal has to be finished 2 hours before a workout for me. 30 minutes prior to it, I usually take BCAA, Glutamine, Glycerol and other supps; and, around 1 hour into the workout (when I see that I won't be done in 60 minutes), 1 and 1/2 scoop of whey isolate. And that's because I too would puke my guts out if I started a lifting session less than 2 hours after a meal.

Comment

I usually eat about an hour before my workout. Works fine for me but I digest food quite fast.
        Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

30 - 60 minutes beforehand. I have a pre/intra workout shake as well. Never had any issues with vomiting except for some queasy stomach aches after doing legs or back.
          Stimulation through annihilation.

Comment

I tend to get better results if I lift an hour or so after eating solid food. That gives the food time to settle and leaves me with energy and focus to get a good session in.
            IRONMAMA

Comment

It depends on what you eat and how fast it digests... just listen to your body and do what you're comfortable with...

If certain foods take you longer to digest, then wait a bit longer...

It's pretty individual and it ain't rocket science... listen to your body !
              True Protein 5% discount code: JVM902

What we do in life... echoes in eternity !

Comment

when i was younger i could eat a decent-sized meal and train within an hour...in the last 5 years or so i feel better with more like 2 hours before a session...
                '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
                17 AAU Super Total
                '16-AAU Hi
                '15-USPA Metro
                '15-USPA State
                '15-AAU HI
                '14-AAU HI
                '14-USPA Metro
                '14-WABDL Sonny's
                '14-USPA State
                '14-HI Strongman
                '13-USPA
                '13-WABDL Sonny's
                '13-USPA State
                '13-AAU HI
                '11-USPA Metro
                '10-NPC Stingrey
                '09-NPC Islands
                '09-NPC Stingrey
                '09-ABA Islands
                '02-ABA Islands
                '02-ABA IronWorks
                '01-NPC Paradise Cup
                '01-ABA Olympia
                '01-ABA Islands
                '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
                '00-INBF Musclefest
                '98-NGA Ill
                '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

If you're dead set on eating close to a workout, try something like a 30 gram waxy maize shake, 1 scoop whey iso, and 10 grams bcaa's. That shouldn't sit as heavy and should digest quickly enough that you won't puke.

One thing I've found is that for deads or legs, I can't take any pre-workout stims so beware of that as well.

Comment

Regardless what anyone does you have recognized the problem so adjust to it. Also its not uncommon for compound exercises to make blood pool resulting on nausea.
                    International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                    Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

thanks for the feedback guys. I have been trying to adjust to it. I might have to try the waxy pro and glute shake. It seems like it should work better.
                      life is a battle at every front, training is a war I fight to win- Lee priest (I think)

Comment

I think the shake would be your best route... and even that about an hour before... for me, a whole food meal takes around 3-4 hours to completely leave my stomach... so 2 hours is about right (unless it is a small snack).

Comment

Originally posted by notsonatural View Post
                          hey guys I have took a year from competing to force feed myself for more growth.i have been doing alot more of eating in the last two months. So I have thrown up a lot more during training session. My question is how long to you guys give your self to digest before hitting the weights? I threw up monday in the middle of my set of deadlifts, it wasn't alot but am I the only one with this problem? I usually wait about and hour before I hit the gym after eating. Perhaps I should tone down the food pre workout
                          Seriously, you answered your own question.
                          "You can't be the fastest or the strongest but you can always work the hardest." - Jim Wendler

"Failing is nothing more than inexperience" - Jim Wendler

"You won't have to rotate squats and deadlifts, but do them both and thus get more fucking awesome every week" - cooltom

Comment

the shake seems to do the trick thanks gentlemen.

Comment

Working...
                            X