Good Lifting Belt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Lifting Belt?

Hey guys, my new gym doesn't have any lifting belts to use, so it seems it's come to the time to buy my own.

Just wondering if anyone can reccomend a good one (preferably not too expensive, don't want to spend too much money on it)

Thanks guys.

P.S. Anyone use neoprenes for there elbows on Tricep motions and or chest/shoulder?
    TRUEPROTEIN.COM
    --THE BEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS FOR THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICES

www.inzernet.com

IMO they have the best hard core lifting gear bar none
    I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

Originally posted by bigp3
      www.inzernet.com

IMO they have the best hard core lifting gear bar none
      i have to agree with bigp on inzer gear. i recently bought a pair of their iron z knee wraps, they are awesome. honestly babyget, i would go and spend a few extra bucks on the good stuff. it is not like you are going to buy this stuff new every month. once you have a good belt, it will stay with you for a long time.

d
      TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

Comment

Do you guys think this is a good one to go with? They have this one and the same one in a lever, but I felt the notches is better.

http://www.inzernet.com/detail_belt...._TAPER_BUCKLE#
        TRUEPROTEIN.COM
        --THE BEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS FOR THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICES

Comment

i got a nice cardillo a few years back , i love it. has great buckle had my name embroibered, pad in back --awesome quality and as far as the money, its worth it to buy a good one, they last forever --my total was $135 all said and done, but you can get it with the good buckle n :showoff: :showoff: o pad and embroidery for like $70
          Last edited by berkshirebody; 08-23-2004, 07:56 AM.
          im not hardcore, im not cool, pretending any different would be acting the fool--- ill leave that to those who are good at it

Training for the Proffesional Natural Olympia fall 2006

RESPECT ALL, ADMIRE FEW, IDOLIZE NONE

SQUAT TILL YER EYES BLEED!!!! IM GOIN PLATNUM STRAIT TO THE TOP NEVER STOP UNLESS I DROP.

Comment

babygeto, Go to a sporting goods place anywhere in town and try them on, leather is the best for support and maybe 20.00-30.00 bucks tops.

Also you will find neoprene sleeves for elbows and knees, they run 12.00 each and you can wash them over and over again...
            "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

babygeto, I own the grizzy leather belts, and I will say they are very good and durable. my last belt lasted 3 years before it finally fell apart, I't cost me around $30 canadian at national sports, and I just purchased another one not to long ago.

I will say it takes a few weeks before you get the new belt worked in, and it fits snug and comfortable to wear. Kind of like breaking in a new pair of skates.
              Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

Anyone not use a belt? I have not so far, although my pulls are only breaking 400. Still, I don't plan on using one unless I absolutely have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Thors
                  Anyone not use a belt? I have not so far, although my pulls are only breaking 400. Still, I don't plan on using one unless I absolutely have to.
                  Thors, I didn't for years either and actually only started back recently (in the past few years). It does become a safety issue.

Just an FYI: another source for quality belts.

http://www.bobsbelts.com/

-R
                  The Book Has Arrived!
                  The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                  2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                  2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

I dont use a belt. I feel at this point the lifts arent heavy enough to put a strain on me.

But usually a 4 inch leather belt is good. I used a 6 inch leather powerlifting belt once when squatting and it made me feel really stable and secure. I was able to concentrate alot on the power in my legs.

Comment

I really only use mine on back and legs when my lower back needs that support. I also use a neoprene wrap around my waist to keep my back nice and warm so it stays loose.
                      I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

I agree on the inzer. Just recently bought one and its awesome. Whats the quote from pretty women.- "I'm a saftey girl", well recently i've become a safety guy.

Shit elbow neoprene and wrist wraps and belts. I've had to damn many injuries and this is just a great protection.
                        Whatever your mind can conceive and believe, you can achieve!!!

Comment

Theres 2 sporting goods places on the way to our gym an they have a good selection of belts and other stuff for pretty cheap. When i aim u tomorrow we'll talk.
                          www.trueprotein.com shw744
                          The only dumb question is the question not asked.

Shawn SHW744 (<-Geez didnt you just get 8lbs free a couple days ago-lol?--this guy could sell shit to a septic tank-hes got the gift)<-Anonymous

Getting big= (Eating like a king and crapping like a horse) + (Lifting heavy ass weights) < A wise man once said "Ain't nobody want to lift no heavy ass weights!"

Comment

Originally posted by babygetoboy
                            Do you guys think this is a good one to go with? They have this one and the same one in a lever, but I felt the notches is better.

http://www.inzernet.com/detail_belt...._TAPER_BUCKLE#
                            You should try one on if you can before you buy one. I use a power belt for squats and back and love the tight feeling it gives on the back. This allows me to push myself while doing legs/back without fear of injury.

Try to find a couple of guys in the gym that have belts already and borrow their's for a set.

Good luck.

Comment

I have a dual prong PL belt like that and rarely use it, they are just not real comfortable and I don't think necessary unless maxing out.
                              I use a nylon/velcro belt for the day to day heavy sets.
                              The key is getting one with and actual 4" nylon strap that goes all the way around. These padded Nike belts with the wide back but a 2-1/2" strap aren't worth a crap.
                              I had a Harbinger that was awesome for years that I used for 500+ lb Deads and 600+ rack pulls and it gave me as much support as the PL leather belt.
                              I now use a Valeo since wearing out the Harbinger after 3 years.
                              The points to look for in the nylon belts are;
                              1. 3-1/2"-4" Nylon strap that goes all the way around
                              2. a METAL loop that the strap folds through
                              You can find the good Harbinger and Valeos for $20-$25
                              see below
                              Lift big 2 get big
                              TrueProtein.com Use discount code ctg001 for additional savings on already great prices
                              mod at bodybuilding.com
                              mod at iron-forum.com
                              mod at melanoplanet.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
                              So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??
                              "Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes.
                              Because, then you're a mile away, AND you've got their shoes"

Comment

Working...
                              X