what glutamine to take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what glutamine to take

im not sure if this is the right place to post this but anyways. i was wondering what type of glutamine is better L-Glutamine or glutamine peptides. also i was curious if anybody gets their glutamine from trueprotein.com and do they like it.
    thanks.

From what I read on TPC's website, the Glutamine peptides are better. At least thats how I took it.
    23 years old, 6'3", 240lbs :showoff:

430 strapped deadlift
    255 belted squat for reps :fresty:
    225 incline BB :fresty:

GETTING THERE!

Comment

Originally posted by goliath23
      im not sure if this is the right place to post this but anyways. i was wondering what type of glutamine is better L-Glutamine or glutamine peptides. also i was curious if anybody gets their glutamine from trueprotein.com and do they like it.
      thanks.
      I've read in so many places that L is better in some ways and peptides is better in others so I'm going to use both.

I just had TruProtein blend this for me:

50 % Creatine
      25 % L-glutamine
      25% Glutamine Peptides

so that post workout I'll be adding approx 10g creatine and 10g glutamine (5g from L and 5g from peptides) to my post workout shake.

I haven't started using it yet but I'll let you know when I do.
      CrossFit Champions
      Champions Combat Arts

Comment

but true proteins glutamine is a great way to go. i cant really find a lower price than theres so im pretty sure im getting some soon i'm just not sure witch form to go with or if peptide is better that L-glutamine or if the higher price of peptide is worth it. ive been taking L- glutamine (not true proteins)for 3 months and its been ok.

Comment

Originally posted by The Munster
          I've read in so many places that L is better in some ways and peptides is better in others so I'm going to use both.

I just had TruProtein blend this for me:

50 % Creatine
          25 % L-glutamine
          25% Glutamine Peptides

so that post workout I'll be adding approx 10g creatine and 10g glutamine (5g from L and 5g from peptides) to my post workout shake.

I haven't started using it yet but I'll let you know when I do.
          I think it would be a great idea to mix it(next time) something like this for post w/o. It just hit me. 33% creatine 33% glutamine 33% BCAA's. 15g=5g each. Throw that in with your shake, and maybe a third or a half that in between a meal or 2 later on.
          By Nicodemis: "My lifts are better than ever but my anus burns so much I'm thinking about stopping."{something I pasted from bb.com...talking about protein powder I believe}

We
          The untrained
          And unqualified
          Are about to attempt the impossible
          With Nothing
          -The Dungeon

Comment

I use the L also, but as Munster said I have heard conflicting reports about both of them. my 2 cents worth...
            Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

does anybody take peptide because i dont know anybody and there imput would be good

Comment

i use glutamine peptides from trueprotein and from my experience it is much more effective than regular L-glutamine as far as recovery goes - that is to say that i didnt experience any noticable effects on recovery while using L-glutamine, but the peptides do make a difference, and i will continue to use it as a regular supplement.
                www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

thanks when i run out of my current jug of glutamine im going with the peptide version and see how that goes compared to the L version.

Comment

Originally posted by Him1
                    I think it would be a great idea to mix it(next time) something like this for post w/o. It just hit me. 33% creatine 33% glutamine 33% BCAA's. 15g=5g each. Throw that in with your shake, and maybe a third or a half that in between a meal or 2 later on.
                    Him1.
                    That's what I'm going to do next time. I only mixed the creatine and glutamines this time because I've had a jar of Xtreme's ICE (BCAA's) that I've been waiting to use.
                    When I'm out of everything I'll be doing close to what you said; a blend of creatine, glutamine (L & pept) and BCAA's.
                    CrossFit Champions
                    Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Working...
                    X