Power cleans where to put?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power cleans where to put?

Are power cleans a good exercies for DC? I do like them alot I would normally put them with shoulders. Am I correct to do so. Or doing such a movement just hinder my performance on other exercises?

This has been discussed before in the Pound Puppy forum. I'm posting from my phone right now and I can't really be bothered to find it but search and you'll see.

The verdict was that it's not very suitable to DC. Also, I don't see why you'd use it for shoulders. It's much more of a back thickness movement if anything.
    Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Originally posted by Carlito Gambino View Post
      This has been discussed before in the Pound Puppy forum. I'm posting from my phone right now and I can't really be bothered to find it but search and you'll see.

The verdict was that it's not very suitable to DC. Also, I don't see why you'd use it for shoulders. It's much more of a back thickness movement if anything.
      ok thank you. Well like the deadlift part of it its essentially very easy since its probably 1/3 of the weight most people use since you have to press it. It was just always super easy for me to clean the weight up with a weight strong enough for my shoulders to press. So was always under the assumption its a shoulder exercise being id say shoulders are weaker than most legs or back? or maybe my shoulders are just very weak which they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus View Post
        ok thank you. Well like the deadlift part of it its essentially very easy since its probably 1/3 of the weight most people use since you have to press it. It was just always super easy for me to clean the weight up with a weight strong enough for my shoulders to press. So was always under the assumption its a shoulder exercise being id say shoulders are weaker than most legs or back? or maybe my shoulders are just very weak which they are.
        Yes, but you said power cleans, not clean and press/jerk

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Travis View Post
          Yes, but you said power cleans, not clean and press/jerk
          Yeah I just read that and apparently you're referring to a clean and press there, not a power clean. In that case, yes it'd be a shoulder movement but I still wouldn't use it for DC...despite of what you might've saw Justin Harris do.
          Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

ah yes I'm not smart there. I ment clean and press lol. Thanks guys so neither are good.

Comment

Working...
            X