Overtrained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overtrained

Hi, I just registered at the board but I've been lurking here for quite some time now. I think it's a great forum, and I've been using Dante's techniques for 2½ months now. (on my own, not under his supervision)
    Now for my question.. I just started a new job that's having my arms working quite alot, and that + my stupidity in not decreasing the amount of arm training, made me get overtrained. (I am shrinking as we speak..)

Now, what would you do to get out of this overtrained state as quickly as possible?? Right now I'm not training @ all. But is there a better way?
    And is there something I can eat extra of to speed up recovery?
    Thx.

eat and sleep as much as possible

Comment

yeah.. gotta work on that sleep thing. shit.. the days are just too short. :P

Comment

yeah, a 36 hour day would be awesome lol too much to do

Comment

Are you shrinking all over or just your arms?

If it's just your arms, my suggestion would be to just straight set your arm work. Don't RP them and no static holds with them.
          CrossFit Champions
          Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Make sure you are eating all your meals on your "off" days....I used to be in the habbit of slacking on eating protein on off days, when in actuality those days are far more important to be sticking to your diet. I constantly have to remind myself that I am growing when laying around on saturday and sunday, and I need all 5 protein meals. Eating pizza and icecream and skipping a protein meal is a very bad idea. As long as you have weekends off to catch up on sleep and recover you should be ok, as long as you are getting a resonable amount of sleep during the week.

I have a desk job but sometimes I miss friday's workout because its the end of the week and I am just so tired. Esp when you are growing or even just holding more water weight, you get tired easily and need alot more sleep.

When I was dieting for my show I was getting by with 4-5 hours most nights with no problem....I would lay in bed waiting to get up because I was fully rested. Now that I am trying to build again I can easily sleep a 10-12 hour stretch (not a good idea, but it just happens)

Comment

Originally posted by Jishuku
              Hi, I just registered at the board but I've been lurking here for quite some time now. I think it's a great forum, and I've been using Dante's techniques for 2½ months now. (on my own, not under his supervision)
              Now for my question.. I just started a new job that's having my arms working quite alot, and that + my stupidity in not decreasing the amount of arm training, made me get overtrained. (I am shrinking as we speak..)

Now, what would you do to get out of this overtrained state as quickly as possible?? Right now I'm not training @ all. But is there a better way?
              And is there something I can eat extra of to speed up recovery?
              Thx.

It sounds like undereating, not overtraining. Make sure you get all your meals in. Glutamine also helps me with recovery. Try adding that to your pre and post workout meals.

R

Comment

Working...
              X