Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to do reverse grip bench

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • how to do reverse grip bench

    i did reverse grip benches for the first time today i felt it in my triceps but not as much as i would have hoped. i think it could of been better. i was wondering what the perfect technique for doing these is because i felt a pulling feeling in my shoulders through out the set. i used a grip wider than shoulder wight and brought the bar down about 5 inches below my nipple. what is the perfect technique.
    thanks

  • #2
    I was on my 3rd workout before I really found the groove. Just try slightly different bench and hand positions, you'll know when ya got it right.
    -KidRok-
    "...because I won't accept that I can't."


    www.https://Truenutrition.com/
    5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

    https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by goliath23
      i did reverse grip benches for the first time today i felt it in my triceps but not as much as i would have hoped. i think it could of been better. i was wondering what the perfect technique for doing these is because i felt a pulling feeling in my shoulders through out the set. i used a grip wider than shoulder wight and brought the bar down about 5 inches below my nipple. what is the perfect technique.
      thanks
      Flat Bench with the Smythe machine, upper and lower back on bench only, ass hanging off, hands 4-6" wider than shoulders, bar sits across your palms, use your thumb and first two fingers to grab the bar, feet flat on the ground, push your pelvis up so you can pinch your shoulder blades to the bench, bring the bar just below your nips, elbows out...
      "That damn log book"

      www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by In-Human
        Flat Bench with the Smythe machine, upper and lower back on bench only, ass hanging off, hands 4-6" wider than shoulders, bar sits across your palms, use your thumb and first two fingers to grab the bar, feet flat on the ground, push your pelvis up so you can pinch your shoulder blades to the bench, bring the bar just below your nips, elbows out...

        Elbows out?! Or down? or both?

        Ya, I know KR is going to say.....I already explained it......but I'm asking again.
        Kid's Wench :flex: and Bon-Bon's sis
        Ask me about FitnessXLOnline.com
        www.TrueProtein.com
        *use FXL222 for a discount on your 1st purchase




        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by KidRok's Lady
          Elbows out?! Or down? or both?

          Ya, I know KR is going to say.....I already explained it......but I'm asking again.
          I keep them out but not as far as when I am doing Close Grip Bench, and yes they will go down, but that is just me...
          "That damn log book"

          www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

          Comment


          • #6
            thanks i will try that next time in-human

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by In-Human
              I keep them out but not as far as when I am doing Close Grip Bench, and yes they will go down, but that is just me...
              Well yes.......you pull down, the elbows will go down lol, j/k

              OOpppsss, you're low carbing. I better not pick on you.

              I'm doing them right. So I'm shutting my mouth now.
              Kid's Wench :flex: and Bon-Bon's sis
              Ask me about FitnessXLOnline.com
              www.TrueProtein.com
              *use FXL222 for a discount on your 1st purchase




              Comment

              Working...
              X