Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F you Dante, seriously

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • F you Dante, seriously

    About once a week I walk into the gym with a heavy burden on my shoulder. Ive been thinking about it for days, and the time is almost here. I go threw my Bicep workout with anxiety building and now the time has come. I do my 1st warm up and feel ok, then my second. Now I go for my heavy squat set and get through it. FAWKKK IT"S TIME!!! I strip some weight off the bar and it gives me a look I cant explain. 20 reps?? This is going to hurt!!! I unr ack the weight and do the first 5 and think damm this feels heavy for my widowmaker. I get to 10 and I give out my first grunt. 11, 12, no way Im getting to 20. I hit 15 and it;s time to flip the switch. Every rep gets a loud grunt and I feel like I might pass out, but keep going. I hit the 18th rep and I give a small grin. 19, one more. I do the 20t rep, rack the weight and fall to the floor. For a few minutes I am filled with pride knowing what I jsut did, making myself better then before. Giving it all I have and pushing myself to the limit. Just as I start getting full of myself I realize I have to add 10 pounds and do it again next week. Widowmaker squats are the most MENTALLY demanding thing I have ever done in the gym. The mind usually gives out way before your legs on this exercise and it takes everyhting you have to push forward. I walk out of the gym everytime with my head held up high knowing what I jsut accomplished.

  • #2
    Mate! you better get back in there! you forgot to do the extreme Quad stretch! LoL.

    Comment


    • #3
      they truly redefine your sense of posibility

      Comment


      • #4
        I agree the hardest thing you'll ever do in the gym!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Yeah, pretty badass. I am feeling it today. Quads were up for me last night... today I am struggling to get up from desk. The greatest part about it though, in just a few more days, despite the torture you willingly subject your to, you are going to hit those legs again and you know the same feeling is going come upon you. Is it the challenge, the mental and physical gratification, or are we just insane? All I know is that it makes me feel f'n awesome! :whoo:
          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

          Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

          2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
          2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
          2015 Beat Cancer!

          Comment


          • #6
            Yea I walk out of the gym with my held high everytime. Any widowmaker for legs is tough but I dont get the anxiety with other movements, only squats. Its just such an unbearable pain pushing out those last 5, on leg press its tough, but cmon your sitting down

            Comment


            • #7
              I try to walk out with my head held high, but I am usually hobbling out, hunched over about to puke

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by steve56 View Post
                I agree the hardest thing you'll ever do in the gym!!
                No doubt.. On a long enough timeline, it sure pays off. It did for me.
                Attached Files
                Stimulation through annihilation.

                Comment


                • #9
                  while im at it, F YOU hellbilly with your massive legs. GREAT WORK MAN!!! really makes me wanna get at it

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MachMood View Post
                    About once a week I walk into the gym with a heavy burden on my shoulder. Ive been thinking about it for days, and the time is almost here. I go threw my Bicep workout with anxiety building and now the time has come. I do my 1st warm up and feel ok, then my second. Now I go for my heavy squat set and get through it. FAWKKK IT"S TIME!!! I strip some weight off the bar and it gives me a look I cant explain. 20 reps?? This is going to hurt!!! I unr ack the weight and do the first 5 and think damm this feels heavy for my widowmaker. I get to 10 and I give out my first grunt. 11, 12, no way Im getting to 20. I hit 15 and it;s time to flip the switch. Every rep gets a loud grunt and I feel like I might pass out, but keep going. I hit the 18th rep and I give a small grin. 19, one more. I do the 20t rep, rack the weight and fall to the floor. For a few minutes I am filled with pride knowing what I jsut did, making myself better then before. Giving it all I have and pushing myself to the limit. Just as I start getting full of myself I realize I have to add 10 pounds and do it again next week. Widowmaker squats are the most MENTALLY demanding thing I have ever done in the gym. The mind usually gives out way before your legs on this exercise and it takes everyhting you have to push forward. I walk out of the gym everytime with my head held up high knowing what I jsut accomplished.
                    Great post. I feel the same. You walk in scared almost, knowing whats to come. Then when its time, you zone out. Say "fuck it. lets do this" Stop listening to your mind scream at you "stop! its to heavy! just rack it!". you ignore the little voice and almost like a miracle it happens and you can't explain it, you do another 6 GOOD reps.
                    You lay on the ground for a couple minutes to catch your breath, let the stars stop firing off in your vision, and fight the feeling of vomit creeping up the back of your throat. Then you pick your shit up, walk out with your head held high knowing you beat that damn logbook once again, and letting the pride show with the almost painful grin on your face as you hobble to the car. Unbelieveable what you can acheive when you TRY.
                    Want to save alot of coin on your monthly protein expenses?? Go to www.TRUEPROTEIN.com and use code: DDG547 for 5% off all orders and up to 15% off certain orders! Save tons of money on shipping and buy in bulk!!


                    "When my mind starts telling me to stop I know that my competition just racked the weight and now is the time to create a gap between them and me." ~ Dusty Hanshaw

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      hellbilly-you need to work on that sweep LOL JK legs look sick
                      I GET MY SUPPLEMENTS WHERE TOP ATHLETES GET THEIRS : TRUEPROTEIN.COM

                      :preach:

                      2008 Mr. Indiana Heavyweight Champ

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        hellbilly....uhhh WTF!? I'm taking a guess you don't wear skinny jeans... crazy quads, nice work!
                        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

                        Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

                        2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                        2015 Beat Cancer!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MachMood View Post
                          while im at it, F YOU hellbilly with your massive legs. GREAT WORK MAN!!! really makes me wanna get at it
                          Haha, Thanks, go get under the bar.

                          Originally posted by joshb View Post
                          hellbilly-you need to work on that sweep LOL JK legs look sick
                          I'm working on it! Give me some time. :tongue1:

                          Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                          hellbilly....uhhh WTF!? I'm taking a guess you don't wear skinny jeans... crazy quads, nice work!
                          No, I don't unfortunately. I rarely wear jeans or pants in general. I live in GA so I push shorts weather as far as I can. Plus if I do buy pants, I have to get 3 - 4 sizes bigger to fit my quads and glutes.


                          It's all an illusion because I'm so short, take a look at the pic.
                          Attached Files
                          Stimulation through annihilation.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            That's still pretty sweet hellbilly. I'm working to get mine up to a good level. Really loving what the extreme stretches have done for my rectus femoris muscles in the quads

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Awesome physique, Hellbilly. Those quads are really crazy. What's your best widowmaker poundage?

                              Widowmakers never got me all that anxious for some reason. At first, they did, but as the months (then years) went by, I convinced myself that I didn't care if I beat the logbook; all I wanted to do was make sure the last rep I got WAS truly my last.

                              It's funny, but that little mental adjustment helped me consistently add MORE to my widowmaker squat than if I got all worked up about having to get 2 more reps or 15 more pounds over last time (or somesuch). Before, I think I was psyching myself up to the point that I was actually wasting energy, if that makes sense.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X