Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A pn JoefromIA just sent me...and my response.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A pn JoefromIA just sent me...and my response.

    Originally Posted by JoeFromIA
    seriously. and what, are you some diet expert? you're 330 lbs at 50% bf... I have been as heavy as 214 and i started out at 140... as that good enought o answer or am i still newbie to u?

    You are EXACTLY what is wrong with this sport. A little nothing that hasn't and wont do ANYTHING ever....which would be fine if you actually realised it...but no, you CONTINUALLY type BULLSHIT advice. NOBODY here wants to hear your advice, they do not come here to read something from someone like you and you dumb down the entire board. But even that might be OK. What is probably the worst is that you are friggin arrogant and rude while doing so. Your MO is to reply with, I was only doing this or I was just saying this...gets old man. Go spend your time on a board where the members might actually appreciate your input. It is like you dont even understand who your audience here is....we ain't a bunch of friggin kids. The people that you "advise" have accomplished more than you have most of the time
    As high as 214, like that means something...The people that post in here look at 214 as a starting point for DC.
    Have you ever ASKED for advice here? No. Cause you know it all....even making to 214 lbs once.
    __________________
    2008 WABDL World Bench Press Champioships, 2nd place 275lb submaster division state record bench press
    2001 WABDL World Record Breaker Bench Press Championships 1st place 275lb class
    2000 USPF Regional Championships 1st place 275lb division
    1999 USPF NorthWest Reigional Championships 1st place, 275lb division
    1998 USAPL State Championships 1st place 275lb division
    1997 AAU State Championships 1st place 275lb division
    1997 USPF State Championships 1st place 275lb division
    + more

  • #2
    Forgot to add...
    The reason I am making this public is because the last time we communicated by pm, he acted like he never sent it....
    2008 WABDL World Bench Press Champioships, 2nd place 275lb submaster division state record bench press
    2001 WABDL World Record Breaker Bench Press Championships 1st place 275lb class
    2000 USPF Regional Championships 1st place 275lb division
    1999 USPF NorthWest Reigional Championships 1st place, 275lb division
    1998 USAPL State Championships 1st place 275lb division
    1997 AAU State Championships 1st place 275lb division
    1997 USPF State Championships 1st place 275lb division
    + more

    Comment


    • #3
      LOL! I haven't been posting much lately but I have indeed noticed this guys amazing posting ability. I can't believe he actually PM'd you to talk shit.
      Heavy squats fix everything.

      Comment


      • #4
        Oy vey. (yiddish)
        "An egg yolk is a terrible thing to waste"
        J.M.

        Comment


        • #5
          What is the criteria for somebody to get banned or at least put in their place by one of the mods?

          Thanks for the laughs LDC
          -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
          -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
          198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
          -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
          198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
          -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
          198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

          Comment


          • #6
            Man LDC....50% BF?!?!? You sir...have let yourself go.

            Seriously though, this seems outlandishly out of line and unneeded disrespect to a highly respected individual (LDC).

            I don't know of anyone who comes to IM for drama...

            Comment


            • #7
              The guy is actually knowledgeable and gives solid advice. Sometimes the way he does it can come off a little rude. Thing is, he posts stuff that may go against the grain of DC principles and that is not very well recieved here. It's not so much what he posts but where he posts it. I don't think he knows his audience in the DoggPound to the extent that he really should.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Yev33 View Post
                The guy is actually knowledgeable and gives solid advice. Sometimes the way he does it can come off a little rude. Thing is, he posts stuff that may go against the grain of DC principles and that is not very well recieved here. It's not so much what he posts but where he posts it. I don't think he knows his audience in the DoggPound to the extent that he really should.
                He is knowledgeable about some things, but he comes across as arrogant, when he has no credentials, or experience to be that way... and even if he did that is still not received well by most people who prefer to be respected. He is condescending to many, and gives advice in areas where he has no business giving it.

                He apologized for his attitude and how he talks to members here at one point... but then continues to carry on with the same BS antics...:tsk::tsk:
                -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
                -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
                198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
                -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
                198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
                -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
                198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Yev33 View Post
                  The guy is actually knowledgeable and gives solid advice. Sometimes the way he does it can come off a little rude. Thing is, he posts stuff that may go against the grain of DC principles and that is not very well recieved here. It's not so much what he posts but where he posts it. I don't think he knows his audience in the DoggPound to the extent that he really should.
                  Knowledge about what? The kid is a beanpole. I'll give him a little credit because he has decent strength for a little guy, but come on the dude used ammonia caps to bench 295...
                  Heavy squats fix everything.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    for the record- i dont know LDC, but i sent him a PM asking for training advice awhile back and he was super cool and took the time to sent me back a pretty long and detailed reply which included several links.

                    The guy is what IM is all about in my book....
                    '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
                    17 AAU Super Total
                    '16-AAU Hi
                    '15-USPA Metro
                    '15-USPA State
                    '15-AAU HI
                    '14-AAU HI
                    '14-USPA Metro
                    '14-WABDL Sonny's
                    '14-USPA State
                    '14-HI Strongman
                    '13-USPA
                    '13-WABDL Sonny's
                    '13-USPA State
                    '13-AAU HI
                    '11-USPA Metro
                    '10-NPC Stingrey
                    '09-NPC Islands
                    '09-NPC Stingrey
                    '09-ABA Islands
                    '02-ABA Islands
                    '02-ABA IronWorks
                    '01-NPC Paradise Cup
                    '01-ABA Olympia
                    '01-ABA Islands
                    '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
                    '00-INBF Musclefest
                    '98-NGA Ill
                    '98-INBF Ohio

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      What am I missing here? I didn't know the guy was a problem. Jeff, are you saying that we are sitting back and just letting him do what he wants? I was unaware there was an issue.

                      So far, I hear he is arrogant and rude and doesn't know too much. My response? Handle it. Take care of business but do it with some class and I am fine with it. This board doesn't have babysitters like other boards so HANDLE YOUR BUSINESS.

                      Skip


                      Facebook: Skip Hill
                      Instagram: @intensemuscle
                      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                      TikTok: @intensemuscle


                      For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

                      Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think what we have here is a conflict between two different parties that have different opinions on training and goals. Joe seems to be the type of guy that believes in lean gaining, never really putting on large amounts of bodyfat whereas LDC is much more of a DC disciple (eat big, get big, disregard bodyfat to a certain extent). Both are right in their own respects, but obviously doing one or the other involves taking a very different approach. This is where the conflict really begins. One method isn't necessarily better than the other, but I do think that getting truly BIG will require the latter, because I'm very doubtful that lean gaining will get you to 260.
                        As a good law school student, I'm not gonna take any sides, but I do think Joe has a tendency to come across as a bit rude and arrogant, whereas LDC is a very helpful guy (it probably helps that your avatar has you smiling and sitting next to your daughter) that hardly gets angry.
                        Hope you guys can work it out and restore the peace.
                        Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Carlito Gambino View Post
                          I think what we have here is a conflict between two different parties that have different opinions on training and goals. Joe seems to be the type of guy that believes in lean gaining, never really putting on large amounts of bodyfat whereas LDC is much more of a DC disciple (eat big, get big, disregard bodyfat to a certain extent). Both are right in their own respects, but obviously doing one or the other involves taking a very different approach. This is where the conflict really begins. One method isn't necessarily better than the other, but I do think that getting truly BIG will require the latter, because I'm very doubtful that lean gaining will get you to 260.
                          As a good law school student, I'm not gonna take any sides, but I do think Joe has a tendency to come across as a bit rude and arrogant, whereas LDC is a very helpful guy (it probably helps that your avatar has you smiling and sitting next to your daughter) that hardly gets angry.
                          Hope you guys can work it out and restore the peace.

                          While very diplomatic, that really isn't it. I really have no problem with differing viewpoints at all. In fact, I have learned alot this way from many different people. My problem is with someone who thinks they know it all, giving advice in a forum that he is far from an expert at, and being rude and arrogant while doing it. Throw in alittle bit of two-facedness, and therein lies my problem. Just look at the thread "i look like a fridge". Pretty much sums up Joe. The guy should have a fucking post limit of 1 per day so he might actually think about what he is writing.
                          Has he ever asked for any advice in this forum? No. He knows it all. The only reason he isn't big is because of "heavy doses of anabolics and genetics". Or maybe now he doesn't want to become larger? But he remains expert enough to make his opinion known on almost every fucking question someone asks. I really did try to be polite to this guy on numerous occasions, but he continues to give bullshit advice in arrogant ways.
                          He really does embody what is wrong on most forums, and I think that is what bothers me most about him posting so much here. Seriously, if someone showed up here and started reading for the first time, they would think this guy was reputable by prevalence alone if it wasn't for members calling him out.
                          If just one kid comes on here looking for sound advice and encounters this douche, it would bug me to no end.
                          2008 WABDL World Bench Press Champioships, 2nd place 275lb submaster division state record bench press
                          2001 WABDL World Record Breaker Bench Press Championships 1st place 275lb class
                          2000 USPF Regional Championships 1st place 275lb division
                          1999 USPF NorthWest Reigional Championships 1st place, 275lb division
                          1998 USAPL State Championships 1st place 275lb division
                          1997 AAU State Championships 1st place 275lb division
                          1997 USPF State Championships 1st place 275lb division
                          + more

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                            Knowledge about what? The kid is a beanpole. I'll give him a little credit because he has decent strength for a little guy, but come on the dude used ammonia caps to bench 295...
                            there was double minis on that lift too that you missed


                            ldc -- you follow me around and just bash me for my opinion..ALL the time. tis a message board, i'm allowd to have it.

                            you think you are SO great that you just HAD to post this in the public so EVERYONE could see your amazing response?

                            i don't claim to be anything special. I have said that 100x, but im still allowed to have an opinion without you bashing me..and yeah, i think youre a fucking fat ass who would get harpooned if he took his shirt off at the beach

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by LearningDC View Post
                              While very diplomatic, that really isn't it. I really have no problem with differing viewpoints at all. In fact, I have learned alot this way from many different people. My problem is with someone who thinks they know it all, giving advice in a forum that he is far from an expert at, and being rude and arrogant while doing it. Throw in alittle bit of two-facedness, and therein lies my problem. Just look at the thread "i look like a fridge". Pretty much sums up Joe. The guy should have a fucking post limit of 1 per day so he might actually think about what he is writing.
                              Has he ever asked for any advice in this forum? No. He knows it all. The only reason he isn't big is because of "heavy doses of anabolics and genetics". Or maybe now he doesn't want to become larger? But he remains expert enough to make his opinion known on almost every fucking question someone asks. I really did try to be polite to this guy on numerous occasions, but he continues to give bullshit advice in arrogant ways.
                              He really does embody what is wrong on most forums, and I think that is what bothers me most about him posting so much here. Seriously, if someone showed up here and started reading for the first time, they would think this guy was reputable by prevalence alone if it wasn't for members calling him out.
                              If just one kid comes on here looking for sound advice and encounters this douche, it would bug me to no end.
                              How do you know if I have asked for advice? You don't think I don't read shit? I read a lot of this board and what people have to say, especially in the training logs. You're not fucking polite youre a fuckin dickhead who does the same thing you accuse me of. I still cant belive you took this in the public... btw I have gained 60 lbs.. I know that's not a shit ton, but for fucks sakes you act like I have never picked up a weight or dinner plate in my life. And the past 5 years most of my training was strength oritented with no tthat much volume.

                              p.s. i PMed LDC literally two days ago... he never PMed me back, or at least I never got his response?
                              Last edited by JoeFromIA; 04-29-2011, 06:53 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X