Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting and DC

For those DCers that compete:
    How do your workouts change in the gym while cutting? Do you still throw around weight DC style and just up the cardio and lower the calories? Thanks.

Keep training hard on the regular split, let some food changes and gradual cardio dictate fat loss.
    TRUE PROTEIN Discount Code- CSH730

Comment

i have been doing DC for almost 2 yrs...what i would say is stick to the 2 way split offseason and keep it going into the diet as long as you can...and when the time comes that you need to switch to the 3 way split during the diet do it...for some people it will be 2 weeks into the diet..for some 8-10 weeks into the diet...the benefit with the 3 way split during prep is the workouts are shorter...and you're not beating yourself into the gound...the goal for contest prep/cut is to get as shredded as possible and beating the log book becomes secondary..so you have to listen to you body

Im in the middle of a cut now and got to the point where im switching to the 3-way split..so if you want to check out my training journal its right here on IM.....but if you're building/offseason 100% no doubt about it the 2 way is the way to go!! no questions asked if you want to grow as fast as possible.
      Last edited by steve56; 04-28-2011, 03:50 PM.

Comment

How do you guys handle not being able to beat the log book early on in a blast?

I just started week 3 of my current blast and am not beating the log due to my cut.

Comment

Originally posted by jwbond View Post

I just started week 3 of my current blast and am not beating the log due to my cut.
          whats your diet like?? I have been on reduced calories for quite a while and i have been beating the log book i would say 95% of the time and getting stronger as im getting leaner

Comment

Diet is handled by skip so I can't post here, but is how he suggested to a "tee". I made strength gains while cutting up until recent.

Him and I discussed what to do about it, but I am curious how others handle this when it occurs.

Comment

When I can't beat the log book anymore, I lower the weight and up the rep ranges.

Example: Decline Bench 385 x 11 - 15 rp

(Sticking point)

Move to:
              Decline Bench 365 x 15 - 20 rp
              Last edited by hellbilly; 04-28-2011, 04:03 PM.
              Stimulation through annihilation.

Comment

Originally posted by hellbilly View Post
                When I can't beat the log book anymore, I lower the weight and up the rep ranges.
                exactly!! to me i have to say the one thing that is playing the biggest role in me holding on to my size while im cutting down is just trying my fucking hardest to beat the log book...and so far so good...do i beat every lift every time? no ..but most of the time i do....but it gets to a point where this will not become possible at that point yes lowering the weights a tad or just doing straight sets is the goal
                Last edited by steve56; 04-28-2011, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Diet is handled by skip so I can't post here, but is how he suggested to a "tee". I made strength gains while cutting up until recent.

Him and I discussed what to do about it, but I am curious how others handle this when it occurs.
                  You have a great coach in your corner bro dont worry about it then!!

Comment

I ask because I'm cutting right now. I just had one of those "what am I doing" moments. It just doesn't make sense to me to be on a successful mass-building program while I'm trying to cut.

Comment

Originally posted by hellbilly View Post

Example: Decline Bench 385 x 11 - 15 rp

(Sticking point)

Move to:
                      Decline Bench 365 x 15 - 20 rp
                      Great tip. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X