New exercise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New exercise?

Ive been DC training for about 6 months and so far am liking it and strength is up in almost everything. I have not been able to beat the log book for lying leg curls for the last 3 times I have done them so I need to replace this exercise with something else. Anyone have any suggestions? My other two hamstring exercises are 1 legged leg curl and sumo leg presses.

2003 mid Illinois 2nd mw
    2005 caveman classic 2nd mw
    2006 caveman classic LH and overall winner
    2007 jr nationals dnp
    2008 jr USA 7th LH
    2009 gnc Indiana HW 1st
    2009 jr nationals 11th HW
    2010 jr USA HW 1st

how bout SLDL or reverse hypers on a pulldown seat?

Comment

Some popular ones i have seen suggested:
      ghrs
      SLDL's
      RDL's
      DB Ham curls (laying on a bench)

I guess it kinda depends on how much lower back exposure your already getting with your current work and what equipment is available to you. Hope this helps.

Comment

x 2 for glute and ham raises, especially if you do them the manual way without a machine. They fry your hammies into oblivion

Comment

Definetly Glute Ham Raises. I like to utilize the hyper-extension piece of euipment for mine. Similar to a video Shelby posted a while back. REALLY fries the hams when done right. Almost get a stiff leg deadlift and leg curl at the same time with the hyper-extension method.

Comment

OK glute ham raises it is. I weigh 260 right now so imagine these are going to be a bitch, but IM excited to try something new. Thanks guys

2003 mid Illinois 2nd mw
            2005 caveman classic 2nd mw
            2006 caveman classic LH and overall winner
            2007 jr nationals dnp
            2008 jr USA 7th LH
            2009 gnc Indiana HW 1st
            2009 jr nationals 11th HW
            2010 jr USA HW 1st

Comment

csmith8 Definetly Glute Ham Raises. I like to utilize the hyper-extension piece of euipment for mine. Similar to a video Shelby posted a while back. REALLY fries the hams when done right. Almost get a stiff leg deadlift and leg curl at the same time with the hyper-extension method.
              If someone could someone put up a link to this video I would really appriciaye it. Yesterday I looked through all of Shelbys post but couldnt find it.

Comment

Working...
              X