clean and press in blast 2 way split

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clean and press in blast 2 way split

hey guys. im not sure if this has been discussed before. i just watched a video of justin harris doing clean and press. im not sure if it was rest pause style or straight set. just wondering if this exercise can be used in the 2 way split as a shoulder exercise and has anyone done so?? also, in that video, does anyone know if justin was using the 2way split and doing standard dc training or was he training powerlifting style??

Yes, the clean and press can be used as a shoulder exercise on DC's 2-way split. In the grand scheme of things, these things don't matter. Just do what you gotta do and get strong.

Comment

Straight set it.

Rest Pause on an exercise as complex as a clean and press is not a good idea.
      FEAR THE FROG

Originally posted by John Broz
      If your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day. Other countries have this mindset. America does not.

Comment

Originally posted by arnoldfan View Post
        hey guys. im not sure if this has been discussed before. i just watched a video of justin harris doing clean and press. im not sure if it was rest pause style or straight set. just wondering if this exercise can be used in the 2 way split as a shoulder exercise and has anyone done so?? also, in that video, does anyone know if justin was using the 2way split and doing standard dc training or was he training powerlifting style??
        Pretty sure on Project Superheavyweight Justin is RP those Clean and Presses.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCaesar View Post
          Straight set it.

Rest Pause on an exercise as complex as a clean and press is not a good idea.
          I did this and had some success.

(Straight set Clean and Presses, I mean)
          "You can't be the fastest or the strongest but you can always work the hardest." - Jim Wendler

"Failing is nothing more than inexperience" - Jim Wendler

"You won't have to rotate squats and deadlifts, but do them both and thus get more fucking awesome every week" - cooltom

Comment

What are people's opinions on RPing pressing movements anyway? I've heard a variety of answers. Some people straight set them, some RP them (I'm talking movements like push presses, one arm DB movements, etc.)
            Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Originally posted by Carlito Gambino View Post
              What are people's opinions on RPing pressing movements anyway? I've heard a variety of answers. Some people straight set them, some RP them (I'm talking movements like push presses, one arm DB movements, etc.)
              I rest pause every pressing movement...however, I have straight setted DB shoulder presses in a blast before simply because of all the damn effort it takes getting those things in place ready to press for an RP set.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
              -1st SuperHeavy Gi
              2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
              -1st Heavyweight Gi
              2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
              2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Originally posted by Lock it Up View Post
                I rest pause every pressing movement...however, I have straight setted DB shoulder presses in a blast before simply because of all the damn effort it takes getting those things in place ready to press for an RP set.
                I'm with Lock on this one too. Only one I don't RP is DB shoulder press.

Additionally, if I'm working around an injury, sometimes I'll do one heavish set and one light set, just so I don't have to go so heavy and aggravate the injury.
                TRUE PROTEIN Discount Code- CSH730

Comment

Originally posted by Lock it Up View Post
                  Alright, thanks for the input. I know Dogg has stated that shoulder movements are RP'd anyhow but it always seemed sort of weird to not RP lower back heavy quad and back thickness movements, but rest pause standing shoulder exercises.
                  Not that I'm doing DC or anything, but I have experimented with rest pause in the past and wondered how people felt about utilizing it for shoulders. I agree with the straight setting DB presses though, getting the damn things up (whether seated or standing) is just such a hassle that it's better to straight set them.
                  Unless you're Poundstone of course, in which case cleaning a 200lb dumbbell is hardly any effort at all.
                  Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

execellent info guys . thanks. ill be working this into my blast. current shoulder rotation is military, military on the smith and btn smith. may switch out the bnt smith to clean and press.

Comment

Working...
                    X