Dammit, injured pec!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dammit, injured pec!!!

I am in my cruising phase right now and I was warming up with Hammer bench presses(seated) and I was on my 3rd rep and I feel a slight, uneasy feeling in my pec. Now, back in January I slightly tore my left pec doing db benches and healed up after taking it easy for a few weeks and icing religously.
    i have busted my ass w/ the DC training and I get hurt doing the cruise....damn! I guess it's my body telling me i have beaten it to a pulp. Anyone have any ideas/suggestion for such an injury? It is the upper right pec, very close to the delt and a little in the armpit?

TH
    For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Just cruise it with the cruise I say bro. I know how you feel, I not too long ago injured my lower back doing SLDL and I've been cruising and going light ever since even though it feels alot better.

Comment

All you can do is give it time and plenty of nutrients. Good luck with it...
      23 years old, 6'3", 240lbs :showoff:

430 strapped deadlift
      255 belted squat for reps :fresty:
      225 incline BB :fresty:

GETTING THERE!

Comment

TH, I would stay away from what ever exercises are bothering that spot also, no need to re-injure, right?...
        "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Get a good deep tissue massage twice a week it speeds up the healing.

Comment

It happened around 9:15 this morning. Its not as sore as it was but a little tender. i may just skip chest altogether next week and do all the other bodyparts as nothing aggravates it. Last time it healed after taking it easy and light for a few weeks.
            Raul...It hurts a bit when I stretch back. I haven't done a fly movement ever since January due to my other pec injury. What my question is is this....when I start the DC training should I do the rest pauses for chest? I doubt I would want to do the extreme stretches due to the tearing. Any thoughts? Maybe straight sets for a while? I want to keep it up b/c my gains are awesome!

TH
            For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Comment

TH, Go on how your pec feels, if you need to do Straight sets then so be it, RP, statics and stretching can be brutal on muscles without any problems...
              "That damn log book"

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll ice that baby tonight before bed and ice/heat tomorrow. How well does icyhot work? Is it worth getting?

TH

Comment

Originally posted by Trulyhuge
                  Thanks guys. I'll ice that baby tonight before bed and ice/heat tomorrow. How well does icyhot work? Is it worth getting?

TH
                  I am just a ice person myself and I would only use heat when you need to use that injured muscle, icyhot is a cream that does both cold and hot...
                  "That damn log book"

Comment

Trulyhuge, I would take the advice of a short layoff and the Ice/Heat thing. Also I suggest that when you start working chest again that you do light stretching before you start your warmups and use a lighter weight for higher reps on chest. As far as rest pausing, I'm not too sure. Maybe you'll be able to if you use a higher rep range.

Best of luck, heal up!
                    jim
                    ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                    Good luck
                    Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                    SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                    TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Cool, I'll give it a whirl. Its not as sore as the last time I did this which is a good sign. I will wait a week to hit chest again and use light weights. Good thing I am cruising..lol!

TH

Comment

Uhm............massage!!

Comment

Working...
                        X