starting over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting over

First i wanna say this is a great forum.

I last trained a year ago. I was following DC principles when i last trained. Personal problems and what not made me put off training for a while. I had been training seriously for 7 years prior to this break.

My question is since i feel like a rank beginner again would going back to DC style training be a good idea? Or should i take a more conventional approach?

Any input would be appreciated

Originally posted by the patient
    First i wanna say this is a great forum.

I last trained a year ago. I was following DC principles when i last trained. Personal problems and what not made me put off training for a while. I had been training seriously for 7 years prior to this break.

My question is since i feel like a rank beginner again would going back to DC style training be a good idea? Or should i take a more conventional approach?

Any input would be appreciated
    I think you would see great results. You have been training for a long time, and you already got great results from DC training I am assuming since your willing to go back at it.

You would probabily see some amazing gains due to muscle memory bro and I think perhaps for the fist few weeks eaze into it. Perhaps start with straight sets, and then slowly start doing the rest=pauses and then just blast away.
    Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

I agree with Creator above and think you should use DC's training methods. You sound like a seasoned trainer so you should be back to where you left off in no time. I took over a year off of training DC style due to personal issues and jumped right back into it with great gains. Since the first few weeks are just finding the right weight before you start to spank the log book you should be fine with recovery also.

R

Comment

Welcome aboard!

We (The Munster & I) have only been working out DC style this year and have had a move, 2 gym changes and misc. chaos thrown in for good measure. Personally, I'd go back into DC training because as Creator said you have many years of training already under your belt, you were doing it before you had to stop and it will come back quickly. Down grade the weight you were using before to ease back into it. Run through it several times to make sure you're physically ready for it. Then hit it when you feel ready. We've been lifting for 10+ years and this program makes the most sense to me. I don't want to go back to high reps and 2 hour workouts ever again. It feels better on the joints than "regular" training and the improvements make even the worst day working out this way better than any day lifting the old way.

Good luck to you!
        "The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -
        Theodore Rubin

Mod @ Proactivehealthnet

Comment

thats right ease, your way in, but by all means do the DOGG. I would use 2-3 weeks to get the lifts and stretches down then start adding weight and be full blown in 5 weeks, eating and growing like a tank.
          im not hardcore, im not cool, pretending any different would be acting the fool--- ill leave that to those who are good at it

Training for the Proffesional Natural Olympia fall 2006

RESPECT ALL, ADMIRE FEW, IDOLIZE NONE

SQUAT TILL YER EYES BLEED!!!! IM GOIN PLATNUM STRAIT TO THE TOP NEVER STOP UNLESS I DROP.

Comment

Bro I pretty much took 5 years off from the gym and jumped into DC's training about a year after starting back up and I wish I had known about it sooner so I could have done it right from the get go.
            I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

Working...
            X