Trying to lean out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to lean out

I'm going to try and start leaning out, I have some ephedra, caffeine that I am going to start soon. I have also begun cutting my carbs, and will adhere strictly to the cut off(and move it back an hour like every two weeks or so ie from 6 to 5, then 5 to 4 etc.) I have also began upping my cardio and will do it like 5 days a week, low intensity intervals, walking to jogging for 35-45 minutes. Postworkout I usually have two sccops of protein, two spoonfuls of dextrose, two packets of smarties, 200 mg of ALA and about 5-7 grams pf creatine. When trying to lean out, do I still use the creatine? Also any other tips for losing bodyfat would be appreciated. There is no timetable here, I dont compete or anything like that. I read DC's post for modifying the training, good stuff that I may be able to put to use. Also I just want to say great board with a lot of good people with good info. I enjoy reading here, and am so glad I found this place(I use to read bodybuilding.com!! )

Basic tips

start with 40 minutes of low intensity cardio (ie walking or cycling) 4 to 5 times a week

Cut your carbs back to 100 to 150 grams or so,,, most if not all should come in meal one and post workout

dont cut your protein at all keep it as high as usual, I repeat never cut your protein

Keep some EFA's in your diet, ie fish oil, flax, grape seed etc

Figure on losing 1 to 3 lbs a week,,, the first couple of weeks are going to be the most dramatic,, dont go by the scale so much but take pics every week or so to judge your progress. I have found it better to cut slowly than trying to do some dramatic CKD diet.
    I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it. When you say start with 40 minutes of cardio, what do you work up to. How many minutes is the max for cardio? And also what about the creatine, should I cut that. I didnt plan on cutting protein, in fact I may add just a bit more. I'll keep EFA's, I never thought of that. So my first meal should be a large carb meal? I usually like to eat some carbs before I work out. I'll usually have a turkey sandwich on wheat with an apple and some green tea about 45 minute before I lift, is that alright or should I cut it out? Thanks again for the reply, I appreciate being able to learn so much from you guys

Comment

I would not worry about the creatine as I dont think it is going to affect your fat loss

With the carbs make sure your meals that are high in carbs are also low in fat.... do not mix carbs and fats, this is a no no for losing body fat....

your largest carb meal should be post workout.

As for the cardio you could actually start off with 30 minutes if you are not used to doing it. Also, I would not suggest going more than 45 minutes in a session. If you get stuck where you are not losing fat you could do two cardio sessions a day but I doubt you will need that unless you have a metabolism like a slug.
        Last edited by bigp3; 08-16-2004, 06:59 PM.
        I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

Working...
        X