Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leg Work out with a twist for hard gainers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leg Work out with a twist for hard gainers.

One of the guys I am training was having problems growing well enough on Back Squats and Presses and Hacks. Tried a couple of diffent set and reps schemes and pulled this outta my hat. Well we tried heavier weight and slowing down the reps speed even more and more intense stretching and came up short of his satisfaction.
    He is an advanced lifter so he can take it. I wouldn't recommend the set rep scheme to DC'ers with out consulting yer trainer nor would I recommend my workout posted after this as I do *3* worksets 8, 4 and then 20.
    Anyway...
    We had tried front squats before and they helped so upon analyzing his work outs I came up with a quad burner that has packed an inch on his thighs in a month. (He always felt he had something left in the tank-legs-as I do with Front squats as you are limited by the pain in your shoulders and the awkwardness of the movement-even in a smith-so....I came up with this.
    It involves front squats and 'll out line hams also.

Lying Leg Curls-120 x 5*, 150 x 5*, 180 x 3*, 220 x 8, 220 x 3rp, 220 x 2 rp, 220 x 20 second static hold.
    Extreme Hamstring stretch for 72 seconds.

Leg extensions-150 x 5*, 200 x 5*
    Front BB Squats-185 x 5*, 225 x 5*, 255 x 8, 275 x 4 rack then immediately BACK squat the weight for 5 reps .
    45 degree leg press-700 x 22 reps (don't ask 22 is his lucky number-he wasn't very lucky because he puked after the 22nd rep )

Extreme stretch for quads for one minute. (after cleaning up the vomit )
    Now I never try anything on my clients that I don't do, so I have done the above and it roasts the thighs tremendously. I only do it on the smith and use the power of the hips and lower back to blast the prefatigued thighs even further.

I don't recommend this but since we talked about variations I posted mine
    BTW here was my last leg work out..........

I always like to post warm ups too and see others do so.

General I do 3-4 sets of warm ups with ever increasing weights with normal rep speed and low reps to wire me into the set and warm up.

5-10 minutes of cardio and light stretching to warm up.

1 arm hammer preacher curls-50 x 5*, 75 x 5*, 100 x 3*, 110 x 8, 110 x 3 RP, 110 x 3 RP 110 x 30 second static hold.
    Bicep extreme stretch for 25 seconds.

Forearms-dbell one arm wrist curls-50 x 6*, 70 x 5*, 85 x 7, 60 x 20 (brutal)

on to legs.......

Seated Leg curls-150 x 5*, 180 x 5*, 210 x 3,* 250 x 3*, 280 x 8, 280 x 3rp, 280 x 2 rp, 280 x 25 second static hold.
    Hamstring stretch for one minute.

Leg extensions-200 x 5*, 240 x 5*
    Front Smith Squats-225 x 5*, 275 x 5*, 315 x 8, 335 x 5
    45 degree leg press-1100 x 10 pause 15 seconds 10 more reps.
    Extreme stretch for quads for one minute. (Extreme sissy squat on the floor)

Standing Calf Raises-3 sets 5-6 reps 275-405.
    work set with 405.
    11 reps superslow and with each an eternity ending 15 second hold stretch at the bottom. No need to stretch here.

Then I did this :dcchomp: after beating :Punch: my bis forearms and legs to death and lived to tell :Phone: you guys about it.

PEACE :showoff:
    Massive G
    Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

g,

don't the leg extensions just kill your knees, though? are you doing them extremely slowly to help counter act knee shear?
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Comment

Originally posted by nemo
      g,

don't the leg extensions just kill your knees, though? are you doing them extremely slowly to help counter act knee shear?
      I do them very slow and deliberate..gotta do them to warm them up...I have found.
      When I used to do them for traditonal training I'd use close to 380lb..so these are really light slow and strict.
      Massive G
      Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

Comment

sometimes i do something similar to this . it is just brutal. you have to warm up first too

set up the leg press with a weight you would normally fail at around 30 reps with. do a set of squats to failure with 6-8 reps and then immediately jump on the leg press and bust out at least 20 reps. if you are physically capable of doing anything more for quads after this you didn't try hard enough
        It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Comment

Great input. Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

I made this to help with front squats.

Log Book PIMP! It ain't a crime if it likes it!

Comment

Thanks for sharing ......

G you always have something cool to try .....I like the way you think......I hope you are well .....Keep posting some new ideas .....it gives DC style a new worth while perspective.......You are one the true gurus out the besides my boy Dante. So keep it coming these guys will eat up your info like In - Human eats cheeseburgers........lol.......great people here

Comment

hey rugby, PM me, i would be highly interested in you possibly making me one of those babies. or if you like send me how you made it, i have a mig welder so i could attempt it, but i am pretty lazy, lol.

my lower back is so f-ed up, i can't even squat with just the bar. the bar on my spine is just too much for my lower back, this thing would be perfect...
                TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

Comment

I used a bunch of tools from my work. A ring roller and tube bender mostly

Log Book PIMP! It ain't a crime if it likes it!

Comment

BTW got a couple of PMs on my post the warm up sets confuse people...
                    so here is what you are used to seeing:
                    1 arm hammer preacher curls-110 x 14 (110 x 8, 110 x 3 RP, 110 x 3 RP) 110 x 30 second static hold.
                    Bicep extreme stretch for 25 seconds.

Forearms-dbell one arm wrist curls- 85 x 7, 60 x 20 (brutal)

on to legs.......

Seated Leg curls- 280 x 13 (280 x 8, 280 x 3rp, 280 x 2 rp), 280 x 25 second static hold.
                    Hamstring stretch for one minute.

Front Smith Squats- 315 x 8, 335 x 5
                    45 degree leg press-1100 x 10 pause 15 seconds 10 more reps.
                    Extreme stretch for quads for one minute. (Extreme sissy squat on the floor)

Sorry for the confusion.
                    Massive G
                    Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

Comment

MassiveG:don't ask 22 is his lucky number-he wasn't very lucky because he puked after the 22nd rep )

DC::I love that line-LOL
                      IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

rugbythug,

I'd be interested in purchasing on of those too.. .PM me.

BTW, I play Rugby too. Inside and outside center.

TR

Comment

i want one of those!!! :showoff:
                          My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

Working...
                          X