DC approved exercises????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC approved exercises????

Is there a list or thread that contains approved exercises? A short while ago I asked about leg extensions for quads and people said to stop doing them, so I need a list of DC approved lifts for the various body parts. Thanks!!!

There really is no list of DC approved exercises, but I can tell you what to stay away from. Flat bench, non-compound movements and Olympic lifts. Yup, that's about it

Comment

here's what i do:
      chest-incline bench press,incline dumbell press, decline barbell press
      tri's-skullcrushers,close grip bench, reverse grip bench
      shoulders-smith front press, dumbell press, smithe behind-the-neck press\
      back width- front pulldowns, v-bar pulldown, rack chins
      back thickness-rack deads, bent over barbell rows, t-bar rows
      biceps-ez bar curls, preacher curls, straight bar curls
      forearms-hammer curls, pinwheel curls, reverse grip one arm cable curls
      quads-leg press, hack squats, squats
      hams- lying leg curls, leg press sumo's, stiff legged deadlift
      calves- hack squat calve raises, seated calve raises, leg press calve raises
      hope this helps
      My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

Thanks Bros for your time!! Your advice helps immensely!!

Comment

What are pinwheel curls and leg-press sumos? Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alwayslearning
            What are pinwheel curls and leg-press sumos? Thanks!!
            http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthr...light=pinwheel
            CrossFit Champions
            Champions Combat Arts

Comment

sumo leg press

put your feet up has high and wide as possible so that only your heels are on the foot plate and the balls of your are over the edge. bring your knees down to your shoulders or as close as possible
              It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Comment

what exactly are olympic lifts, clean and press?

Comment

Originally posted by Richard85
                  what exactly are olympic lifts, clean and press?
                  yup..what he means is ballistic movements or exercises that dont have a negative to them.
                  www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

the olympic lifts are the clean and jerk and the snatch. not exactly exercises you are going to see anyone do at your standard gym
                    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Comment

Originally posted by nemo
                      the olympic lifts are the clean and jerk and the snatch. not exactly exercises you are going to see anyone do at your standard gym
                      i dunno, i saw a guy in the gym yesterday doing some clean and jerks with 5lbs on ea. end.

it was kind of entertaining to watch as he was having quite the time with them and choose to do them in a walkway.

Comment

If you dont have a history of shoulder problems, I feel the clean and press is the best overall shoulder girdle developer.

Comment

Are powercleans approved? I mean.. They are "half-olympic".

Comment

Originally posted by tejpis
                            Are powercleans approved? I mean.. They are "half-olympic".
                            Welcome to the board, IMO there any many other better Back Thickness exercises, I have seen quite a few injuries with cleans...
                            "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
                              Welcome to the board, IMO there any many other better Back Thickness exercises, I have seen quite a few injuries with cleans...
                              Affirmative!
                              Btw, I'm the nagging Swedish person from MM :o
                              Thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X